BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #23
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Supercars aren't inherently raw (read: Bugatti Veyron), and a supercar isn't immune to comparison to a $30k rally rocket. If you're implying the Evo and STI for their price range, that may be relatively true. I would say the S2000 is more raw than either even though it's slower and has lower limits.I have an Evo 9 SE in my garage. When we bought it, we flew to LA to buy it and drove it back to Detroit. Honestly, it was a comfortable multi-thousand mile trip. I've also taken my friends '06 STI to the Dragon, which is 600 miles one way. These cars are high performers but are not uncomfortable unless you're a wuss.Obviously you feel the Evo is more harsh than I do....I apparently have a higher threshold than most. I will give you that the RS is "more raw" than the GSR or MR's. I define raw as loud, harsh, rough, transient, and unflexing. A stock Evo, even the RS, doesn't touch most of those unless your reference is a Cadillac DTS.
My Gti is by far much more comfortable on long trips then my Evo. It may be fine for you but most people in the Evo community agree that it's harsh on long trips. Oh, and it's a lot more "raw" as well. :tongue:
Appreciate 0