BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Son Tran

Just wanted to share my great experience with guy name Son Tran

I was able to meet up with Son Tran this morning. I pulled him out of his bed in the morning before he goes to work Seriously, I met up with him 9:00 am, he already had an appointment today but he was able to squeezed me in between his busy schedule. Really cool guy, very respectful and good person to talk with. Honestly, my first experience with wheel repair wasn't so great, it was with other comapny who posted on this forum located in Irvine. Their paint job chipped after few car washes so I was hesistant to do another repair on my rims. But I am glad that I met up with Son, and his work is speechless. Well, in this case... curb rash repair gone wild! he did it in kind of different way. I was happy with the outcome. Let me know what ya'll think

So here's the damage on my rims...

God working on my ride on Sunday.

Uh oh...what do we got here...Time Attack!???

Son was sanding down the damaged area before applying any paint job and he asked me to come check it out. It looked like my rims got white outer lines like the Time attack theme. We both agreed that it looked SICK and decided to leave it like that. He did more sanding to make the lines even and smoother and then he polished to perfection

I like it so much, I like it more than actual white paint, it gave me that classic polished lookish theme on my Matte Black rims. I always thought Matte Black rims blends in too much with tires but now it looks mucho bueno!
Son told me if I want them removed, he can re-paint them in 20 mins

Son can paint outer line in any colors you desire without any problem. This is guy real and does some amazing work for very very very resonable cost. Guys in Irvine charged over $250 for two rims. I'm not going to post Son's price here, but nothing close to $250.

Give him a call, you won't be disappointed. I drove all the way from Santa Barbara for this, and it was well worth it!

Son Tran
1(714)742-6855
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 01:58 AM   #2
Monaco35Dream
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i, 96' Talon Tsi AWD

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Looks great...i think im goin to give him a call. not going to post why lol
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 02:41 AM   #3
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco35Dream View Post
Looks great...i think im goin to give him a call. not going to post why lol
why!?? j/k you should definitely give him a call. The reason I made this thread is because I don't want other members to get burned like me by "other" wheel repair guys often shows up on the forums saying they are the best. Son has been in this business for 11 years. Just give him a ring, you will be happy with the end result.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Son has done several wheel repairs for us in the past - always does a great job.
Appreciate 0