BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i

Red face 128i Ordered in the nick of time :D

Just got in my order today 7/13 and I was lucky for sure. My dealer was great and "traded" (not exactly sure how that worked)for an allocation from another dealership. Anyway I'm happy plus I'm going to Europe for a 2 week road trip when the car's made (through E.D.)

Even though I was in barely any position to cut the price, being just about the last order going to be made for the 09's, I was able to secure a sweet deal I owe to no less than 10 hours of car buying research through edmunds/beatthecarsalesman/1addicts

So here are the details

128i Coupe MT
Monaco Blue
Lemon Boston Leather
Sport Package
Comfort Access
Park Distance Control
Xenon Headlights

Paid: 31,000
MSRP: 33,215

I'm 19 but I still helped my parents(rather proved I more or less deserve it instead of having them 100% buy it for me) by giving my dad a $4000 check before pulling the trigger on it :] This baby's going to be my first new car and baby it I will! Glad to soon be a part of the 1 community!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
EINSER
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Gray E92

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
Congratulations...I'm sure you'll love it. And good job on the color choices; Monaco and lemon look awesome together!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #3
bmwsam
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
Congrats on ordering the 128i! Now the wait begins...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Congrats on the new car...you are very fortunate to have parents that are able to help you with the car payments...

You need to thank them daily and show your appreciation and make sure to take them for a spin
      07-14-2009, 02:37 AM   #5
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

Thanks all yep i am very grateful and mos def fortunate and they're really happy since im covering my end of the offspring deal (grades, internship, being a good kid) haha
now i wait..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Good stuff...lot of potential there, keep up the good work
      07-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakitykwak View Post
Thanks all yep i am very grateful and mos def fortunate and they're really happy since im covering my end of the offspring deal (grades, internship, being a good kid) haha
now i wait..
Ok now that is very funny to me. I'm 18 and I got the same deal that you did. Just don't piss the rents off (They do hold the car over your head).
Congrats on the car...and let your dad take out the car.

Don't let your mom tho. She'll get rearended by a school bus like mine did.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Welcome to the longest 3 months of your life... hopefully it won't take quite that long but regardless it will seem like forever.
      07-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Ok now that is very funny to me. I'm 18 and I got the same deal that you did. Just don't piss the rents off (They do hold the car over your head).

Funny...I let my mom drive my car when i was 18-19 and she drove it into a lake..

It wasnt an actual lake but the area was flooded enough to get water above the door sills...long story short she held the throttle open and the cold air intake sucked up A LOT of water into the engine...KABOM!
      07-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #10
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

haha it's kind of the opposite situation for me, my mom lived in Europe for a long time and she knows how to drive stick, dad on the other hand has stalled and rearended people in Europe during vacation time. I told him i'd teach him stick in a parking lot first before we hit the real roads :].

The wait's going to be a little over 1 month for me, I'm not too worried though just living life as if I didn't get the car...so when it's here I'll have a nice "surprise" waiting for me
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

I went on a mission trip to Mexico to put roofs on houses two days before my car arrived. That was a fun trip and thankfully the dealer was nice enough to hold it for me so that I got the whole experience of driving my car off of the lot.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

Quote:

ah, was the accident minor enough to get it fixed?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Funny...I let my mom drive my car when i was 18-19 and she drove it into a lake..

It wasnt an actual lake but the area was flooded enough to get water above the door sills...long story short she held the throttle open and the cold air intake sucked up A LOT of water into the engine...KABOM!
assuming that it's been a few years since then...at least it wasn't your 1er!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #14
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

Quote:
I went on a mission trip to Mexico to put roofs on houses two days before my car arrived. That was a fun trip and thankfully the dealer was nice enough to hold it for me so that I got the whole experience of driving my car off of the lot.
Nice dude, I went to Camalu, Mexico for a mission trip and it was probably the one of most humbling and gut-wrenching experiences of my life. We made the houses, paved roads, but just couldn't help to think that life sucks there no matter what we do. Hopefully we can make bank and help in a bigger way later
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #15
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
assuming that it's been a few years since then...at least it wasn't your 1er!
It was 7 years ago, so I can laugh about it now but at the time it wasnt funny lol
      07-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #16
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
It was 7 years ago, so I can laugh about it now but at the time it wasnt funny lol
I'd feel bad even if that happened to my car right now (10 year old lexus) but it's always nice when time's on your side
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice dude, I went to Camalu, Mexico for a mission trip and it was probably the one of most humbling and gut-wrenching experiences of my life. We made the houses, paved roads, but just couldn't help to think that life sucks there no matter what we do. Hopefully we can make bank and help in a bigger way later
It really was. I went to the areas surrounding Progresso. It was very humbling, indeed. It made me even more grateful and appreciative of the 1er.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #18
Notion-Za
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 ZCP

Congrats man! you've got a hot car there

Had the same deal with my parents except I have to cough up for the petrol! But its so worth it

Speaking about the mission trips, we have a similar thing called Ubombo. We go into the rural areas and build small houses for people that have lost their homes due to what ever circumstance or they live in a shack. Its a crazy experience and makes you feel very lucky.

Anyway enjoy the car man im sure you'll love it! My dads to old to drive a stick but I promised my mom id teach her how to finally drive one in the near future! Its the least i can do for her after she was patient enough when I learnt to drive
      07-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #19
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

When it comes time to die, make sure all you have left to do is die...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #20
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Just got in my order today 7/13 and I was lucky for sure. My dealer was great and "traded" (not exactly sure how that worked)for an allocation from another dealership. Anyway I'm happy plus I'm going to Europe for a 2 week road trip when the car's made (through E.D.)

Even though I was in barely any position to cut the price, being just about the last order going to be made for the 09's, I was able to secure a sweet deal I owe to no less than 10 hours of car buying research through edmunds/beatthecarsalesman/1addicts

So here are the details

128i Coupe MT
Monaco Blue
Lemon Boston Leather
Sport Package
Comfort Access
Park Distance Control
Xenon Headlights

Paid: 31,000
MSRP: 33,215

I'm 19 but I still helped my parents(rather proved I more or less deserve it instead of having them 100% buy it for me) by giving my dad a $4000 check before pulling the trigger on it :] This baby's going to be my first new car and baby it I will! Glad to soon be a part of the 1 community!
Msports package was worth every single dollar. you might wanna add that before status 112
      07-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #21
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

I was actually thinking about that but how are the rims? I feel like they're too much for the 1 body and I dont think the high gloss black trim is allowed with the msport. The anthracite headliner would definitely go better with the interior. What do you like about the m?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #22
crumb
Private
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:

Huh?
Appreciate 0