11-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
fireroasted
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

1M Black Salvage seller for VP76203

Guys,

There are a few threads on here for wbsur9C5XBVP76203

If you are thinking of buying this car be careful. I have bid and won this a few times. Once where the reserve was not met. Then I won it again in the ebay auction with no reserve for 30k.

RobbyB1M is the member on here selling the car. Here is my experience you make your own decisions.

I won it for 30k in the last auction. He refused to sell it telling me he forgot to place the reserve value. There was nothing I could effectively do with Ebay. Its all on ethics and respect to uphold your end of the auction.

I then agreed to a new price of 32k, which was my previous auctions win where there was a higher reserve. We agreed on that price, and I have the emails and texts to prove it.

We then started arrangements which included getting a cashiers check cut, scheduling a cross country transport, and having friends go to his house to test drive and check out the car. We agreed on a time that he suggested, and my friends drove down. He no showed. He didn't text us, call us back, just ditched us. He didn't respond to phone calls or texts, or emails, or ebay messages for 7 days. So all plans were scrapped. He just disappeared.

Then he popped back up with excuses about his phone and no wifi, etc. I sucked it up and agreed to a new schedule, we further arranged a new pickup day. The 26th at noon. That morning my friends were again set to go, and he canceled stating that there was a problem with the car, and that it had a funny smell. We had to call it off again. Later he stated it just needed a battery.

Days later I got him on the phone (for the first time), and we had an extensive conversation about how a transport pickup would work, and cashing the cashiers check. Many details were arranged, and we set this morning, Friday 29th at 11am as the time. Everything was set and I even texted him a copy of the cashiers check, and I ordered a new transport pickup date.

I left him several follow up emails and texts restating the plan. This morning my friends showed up and at first he tried to claim that Robby wasn't there. My friend was puzzled, and said, 'Hey I am here to deliver a 32k check to him'. Then he stated oh I am Robby, but I don't know why you drove all the way here? The conversation devolved from there as you can imagine. Threatening my friend to get off of his property, which was an empty garage and an empty house. (So he was driving the car, since it looked the only car with lots of daily stuff in it)

I talked to him on the phone, and he was trying to pretend we hadn't agreed on anything so my friend, who is rather large, wouldn't take the disrespect personally. He then acknowledged he has another buyer willing to pay more, and just decided not to contact me. I asked my friend to check the car anyway, and Robby then offered to sell it for more money. I just ordered my friend leave before something went down. My buddy is a rather large guy and Robby isn't, so I was trying to think ahead.

You guys comment on what you think about the level of maturity going on here, and hopefully if its one of the forum members buying the car you are real careful. This is by far the most disappointment and frustrating ebay and forum member experience I have ever had. And, I don't have any recourse. These situations rely on the ethics and morality of our communities.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

11-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=734842&page=2

looks like he didn't want to sell it for 42K previously.. and clearly doesn't seem to be actually ready to part with the car at all. Catfish seller.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 11-29-2013 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
RobbyB1M
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1m /// e90 m3

only if you guys new how "fireroasted" mike b. handled the situation like a complete scum bag . This guy never communicated with me when he got my address from ebay and had his friend show up at my house where i was completely caught off gaurd and had no idea what was going on . Not only was there no communication i was also threatened by his friend saying he was going to "knock my teeth out" once i was disrespected in my own house i simply told the guy to leave.
This guy is a scum bag
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

Thank you for explaining, as I suggested in another thread. I guess it just wasn't a deal that was meant to be.... looks like a real nice car; GLWS if you still have it.
      12-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #6
fireroasted
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well this thread would probably devolve to this but I feel it's my duty to warn forum members about this type of behavior and lies from Robert Bellateros jr. I do have all the texts and emails to document my explanation above. I am stunned that Robby would call me out on the facts but it demonstrates his intellect, thinking that I wouldn't stand up for myself after being disrespected repeatedly. I am not a scum bag, nor do I think that type of name calling helps your position.

You can't get any address information from ebay. You sent me that in a text message when we agreed on the pickup date and time. I'll post the pic and everything else if you want to go down that road. You'll just be caught lying again. Not selling the car for the auction price and charging me more probably indicates to most people what you are about. From there it just got worse.

I also have your attempts at apologies admitting what you deny above. You can't be trusted, and people buying a salvage title car from you should know my experience.

Screen shots of my text messages from my phone to come so everyone can decide on their own.

You have a lot of growing up to do.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #7
fireroasted
Enlisted Member
Rep

I know what most of you are thinking, why bother, but I didn't have the satisfaction of being there in person to deal with this, so you can imagine its difficult to manage the anger and frustration at someone disrespecting you like this and thinking they can do that without repercussions. If this helps one potential buyer, then I suppose it was worth it. The phone number on my phone in the texts is the number in the Ebay listing description.

Lets start with the ebay summary. 3 auctions I followed. from bottom to top, the first one had no bids. Then the second one I won, but it didn't meet the reserve, and then the top one I won and there was no reserve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200984176018...84.m1423.l2649

I was watching the first auction and noticed it didn't sell. I texted this, because the phone number was in the ebay add, but I didn't get any responses.

I saw the auction came up again, and I started bidding. At this point I called the number to see if I could get the details on the repair documents noted in the add. Robby answered and promised to post pics of the documents on the ebay ad. Which, he never did. I bid anyway and won the Oct 30th auction.

That auction was re-listed and I bid again, and was not the winning bidder at first. Then suddenly the winning bidder retracted his bid! What? Did he know something I didn't. At this point most of my friends warned me something was up.

On Nov 12th, last day of the auction we agree to have my friend Wes show up to inspect the car, and Robby's preferred time was 4:30 EST. This was really close to the end of the auction, but i wanted to get the car checked out first. My friend was there by noon, all the way from Boston (4 hour drive), and Robby never showed up.

However, I had now the standing winning bid at 30k. The auction closed with no more bids, and I won it.

He simply no showed. He didn't text us the address, or tell us he wasn't going to be there, or anything happened. He simply didn't communicate anything. My friend drove home, having wasted the entire day.

Then I received this email, where Robby refused to sell the car for that price, and noted he forgot to enter a reserve.

Then on Nov 13th I received this text.

From that email there are several more in which we both politely negotiate a new price. I decide to concede and offer what I won in the previous auction at 32k. At that point I had to believe in the honesty in people and took at face value that he forgot to enter a reserve and didn't notice it. I sucked it up and offered 32k.

After Nov 15th I try to reach Robby to arrange details, like a test drive and review, getting a check cut, etc

On Nov 22nd, one week later, I get a response. So clearly he was looking for another buyer or just didn't want to sell. I was researching trucking companies and pricing and all the stuff that goes with transporting. Calling friends to arrange schedule to go look at the car, etc. I figured it was off, and he sold it. What could I do.

Now he pops back up and I agree to continue, asking for the exact spelling of his name to get a cashiers check cut at my bank.

Here Robby responds with his address, (to my point of my previous post), because we were agreeing on a time and location.

So on the 22nd, Friday he gives me one day notice to come get the car that weekend. I rush to the back to get things squared up, but that won't work out until Monday.

So we plan on Tuesday. My friend again is getting ready to come out. At least this time he has an address. I scramble to arrange cross country transport.

We talk about holding the title for the check to clear. Details that you talk about when the deal is set and done.....I point out politely in these texts that it has been hard to communicate with him consistently. About as polite as anyone could be by this point.

I get the check made out to him, and send him a pic of it. This way he can call the bank and confirm the funds based on the numbers on the check. This kind of solidifies a deal to me as well. What do you think?

Everything set for Tuesday at Noon.

I get an "OK", but nothing on Sunday or Monday while I try calling him and leaving messages. Then Tuesday morning I get this text.

What can I do. I roll with it, but its getting pretty sketchy by now.

Car all fixed and Robby's response to get the transporter asap. It doesn't really work that way, so I call Robby to arrange a new time.

Robby calls me that night and we have an extensive conversation about the Battery, and car, the cashier's check, transport, dealer plates that he can borrow for a test drive because the car is not registered, etc. We agree on Friday, the day after thanksgiving after all. I suggest noon, and Robby would rather do it earlier, so we agree on 11am. I get Wes to agree to drive out again and bring the check.

Friday at 11am my friend goes to the door and asks for Robby. First, Robby states that there is not Robby there. My friend Wes says, "That's weird I am supposed to give him this 32k check, and take that car over there." Then Robby says,"Oh, I am Robby, your friend should have never had you drive all the way out here. I would never do that to my friends."

Wes was confused, and getting angry. He calls me and I talk to Robby on the phone. He eventually confesses to the fact he has someone else interested in the car willing to pay more.

He offers to sell Wes the car for more money, and Wes nearly loses his cool. I beg Wes just to leave. Wes is a big dude from Alabama. They exchange some words and Wes notices the condition of the car and leaves.

From the rest of that it really took all of my composure not to go into a complete rant via text or cursing him up and down on the phone. But yes, I was angry at this point. I don't understand why he would try and lie about the fact we agreed on the date and time. Clearly I was buying that car. You can see the dialog, the check, and multiple dates. Why wouldn't he just say that he has another buyer, and he was canceling our agreement. It would not be ethically or morally appropriate, but it sure would be better than not communicating anything and making me arrange another trucking company that I had to cancel 1 hour before pickup, having my friends drive all over New England, and having me FedEx checks around.

I am almost OK with all of that. Kind of. Like dork dog said, maybe it wasn't meant to be. But then at least have the decency to stand by your actions. Lying on the forum, to me, to my friends, and to yourself I guess is so weak.

I know its way too much information, but you guys can draw your own conclusions from all those facts. I hope nobody ever has to go through something like this when making what should be one of the greatest purchases of their life; a Car they always wanted.

Last edited by fireroasted; 12-09-2013 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: mods asked to block out last four of phone.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 04:24 AM   #8
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Admittedly a worse experience than the BMW NA allocation stuff that original owners went through. As an 1M, salvage but intact and capable of a test drive, at that price is an unicorn equivalent, this is a major bummer!

Hope you can put new energy to pursue real 2nd hand deals and hopefully this will soon be forgotten while you enjoy your meanwhile hard earned 1M.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #9
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

Annnnd that's why eBay sucks. Sorry to hear and see this OP.
Your perfect car will find its way to you...minus the douchebaggery.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #10
RobbyB1M
Banned
Rep

LOL i didnt even read through all the next becasue thats not how the story went!!!!! get out of the thread you are not a bmw especially 1m owner!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
RobbyB1M
Banned
Rep

You Ignorant Scum Bag You Are Not Worthy Of My Car
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #12
ozarkgolfer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 430ixC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyB1M View Post
LOL i didnt even read through all the next becasue thats not how the story went!!!!! get out of the thread you are not a bmw especially 1m owner!!!!!!!!
Then tell your side of the story, because fire roasted has a compelling, well documented version and so far your 'oh no it isn't' and 'you don't own a 1m' response is less than satisfactory.
      12-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #13
RobbyB1M
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Admittedly a worse experience than the BMW NA allocation stuff that original owners went through. As an 1M, salvage but intact and capable of a test drive, at that price is an unicorn equivalent, this is a major bummer!

Hope you can put new energy to pursue real 2nd hand deals and hopefully this will soon be forgotten while you enjoy your meanwhile hard earned 1M.
oh please hard earned 1m my a** tell this guy to stop waisting everyones time on believing BS lies i have work to do THANKS MIKE I HAVE A GTR IM WORKING ON BUYING FOR TH +E SNOW GET OFF THE DAMN COMPUTER WITH THIS BULLSHIT
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #14
lakylester
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i, A4

OP, sorry to hear about your experience. Pitty we have ppl on this planet such as Robert Bellateros. After my curiosity set in, I have done my own research and it seems to be true unfortunately.

Thank you for potentially having a fellow forum member avoid this same situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
fireroasted: sucks about your experience here. hope you find another car you like!

Last edited by IEDEI; 12-06-2013 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
fireroasted: sucks about your experience here. hope you find another car you like!

You had to put a picture like that up, huh? Sadly, it reminds me of a that doll/stuffed animal from yesteryear - the couch poato:

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
You had to put a picture like that up, huh? Sadly, it reminds me of a that doll/stuffed animal from yesteryear - the couch poato:

lol.

well we could combine it and have a woman eating potato salad?

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #18
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
lol.

well we could combine it and have a woman eating potato salad?

Excuse you me, but that there be fruit salad, or dare I say...ambrosia?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Excuse you me, but that there be fruit salad, or dare I say...ambrosia?
no this is a fruit salad.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #20
RobbyB1M
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakylester View Post
OP, sorry to hear about your experience. Pitty we have ppl on this planet such as Robert Bellateros. After my curiosity set in, I have done my own research and it seems to be true unfortunately.

Thank you for potentially having a fellow forum member avoid this same situation.
thanks for your research detective. I think its the other way around I learned to appreciate my car much more after dealing with an idiot .
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #21
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Pee View Post
Annnnd that's why eBay sucks.
I happened to find my car through ebay and my experience was 180 degrees opposite of this excruciating situation.

Negotiating circumstances were very similar, except there was only one auction for which I won the bidding phase yet also didn't meet the reserve.

Immediately after the closing I was on the phone to the seller, and within 5 minutes we had a deal that was at the halfway point of our difference.

The next business day (Monday) I provided a copy of the cashiers check, and the seller countered with a copy of the title.

Arranged a flight from Indy to Hilton Head Island that next Saturday.

Upon arrival the seller met me at the airport and welcomed me with southern hospitality at his residence, where we exchanged the documents.

He even loaded me up with refreshments before releasing me from his care to drive back to Indy.

I still keep in touch from time to time with this gentleman. To commemorate the one year anniversary I even sent him a small gift of thanks (set of shot glasses from Indy Motor Speedway).

I now consider him a friend and am blessed to have met him, as well as being blessed to have what I believe will be the last car I ever procure for myself.

I was just very fortunate to have found a two owner, yet still ultra low mileage 1 M at a price that I would consider fair for such a special vehicle.

Regrettably it appears that nothing nearly as amicable came out of this bitter experience for either party in the thread.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #22
Lmaiuri
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' Sapphire Black M5

Paper trail doesn't lie. Can't stand folks who lie so much they convince themselves that their lie is the truth. Even when confronted with cold, hard facts, a liar is still a liar. OP, salvage is such a gamble in the first place. I saw this car and decided not to bid on it despite the allure of picking up a 1m at a bargain price. In the end, you usually get what you pay for. Let this clown be stuck with his paper weight. No one is going to pay a dime over 30k for it anyway. I think you're going to find yourself coming out on top in the end. 32 k down is a nice chunk to put toward a nice 997.1 turbo with low miles and stock forged internals. Way better than say, a sloppy auto-box GT-R.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread