BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
Grinchxvx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Which BOV sounds similar to $2 bov mod.

I have the recirc hoses capped off on my stock charge pipe so my stock DV are just venting to atmosphere and I really like the sound. I want to get a new chargepipe soon so I don't have any leaks in the future but I'm looking for a bov that sounds I similar. Anyone have any input on this? I was also thinking about just going forged DV and capping the hoses like I do now but I've read stories about forge leaking too so that's pointless.
JB4 G5 + BMS race flash, BMS meth kit, VRSF DP, Big tom Ic, BMS chinese tester CP, Custom Muffler Delete, BMS Oil Cooler Valve, Cowl Filters, Clutch Stop, B&M Short Shifter, Spec Stg 2+ Clutch W/ Oem dmfw, Vmr V710, KW v2, M RSFB, 1M Front and rear Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, slek trunk, Lci blacklines.]
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 01:28 AM   #2
Grinchxvx
Lieutenant
Rep

Bump really looking for answers guys, sorry if this is random. I think my stock DV diaphragms are starting to tear because on part throttle there is a weird oscillating whistle sound along with laggy/touchy throttle. It might be time to upgrade to forge but I need to know if capping the recirc hose will damage them or anything weird like that.
JB4 G5 + BMS race flash, BMS meth kit, VRSF DP, Big tom Ic, BMS chinese tester CP, Custom Muffler Delete, BMS Oil Cooler Valve, Cowl Filters, Clutch Stop, B&M Short Shifter, Spec Stg 2+ Clutch W/ Oem dmfw, Vmr V710, KW v2, M RSFB, 1M Front and rear Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, slek trunk, Lci blacklines.]
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #3
Lmaiuri
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' Sapphire Black M5

I'd go with Tial. All BOVs are going to emit some type of pshh sound as they are vent to atmosphere. Tial is extremely well made and the color options are nice
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
Grinchxvx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmaiuri
I'd go with Tial. All BOVs are going to emit some type of pshh sound as they are vent to atmosphere. Tial is extremely well made and the color options are nice
I might have to since I've never heard a single bad thing about them other than the fake eBay ones, it's just hard to get a good judgment of what all these DV/BOV sound like over YouTube.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
Lmaiuri
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' Sapphire Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchxvx View Post
I might have to since I've never heard a single bad thing about them other than the fake eBay ones, it's just hard to get a good judgment of what all these DV/BOV sound like over YouTube.
I'd be willing to bet you're sacrificing some boost with your current setup. I did the BOV mod before upgrading my charge pipe/BOV and the car didn't feel the same. I think you might be referring to the fake synapse BOV you find on ebay. I've never seen a fake Tial. Be curious to see what one looks like.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #6
Grinchxvx
Lieutenant
Rep

Probably. I just saw a thread on someone who bought one and it broke on them, they look exactly the same I think you can only tell by the writing on the top or something. I'll start saving up for a chargepipe tial combo
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #7
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

There are fake tials out there. There is a thread in the 3 series section about a guy selling fake ones. If u decide to get one get one from sponsor on here like Tiago@vrsf or Jeff@topgearsolutions
Appreciate 0