BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3626
Rep
10,196
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Official San Francisco sports bandwagon thread - Giants(2016)

Now that the niners stink, sharks stink, Warriors stink, Cal stinks and Stanford stinks, can we all officially pile on to the Giants wagon?

Giants leading NL west since May and likely will get their face pummeled by the Cubs or Nationals when it counts.

But hey, bandwagon time! Break out the gear. It's quite dusty since it's been in storage since 2014.

Btw - St. Vincent De Paul is ready to accept all your blue and gold car flags and t-shirts
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)

Last edited by Flying Ace; 06-20-2016 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 2
      06-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #2
finaloption
Captain
finaloption's Avatar
United_States
183
Rep
633
Posts

Drives: '13 f30 n26
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

don't the Giants win every other year? i thought that was their thing now..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3626
Rep
10,196
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
don't the Giants win every other year? i thought that was their thing now..
Independent Outcomes (Monte Carlo Fallacy) -
Each coin flip is independent of each other. That's why if heads flipped 100000 times in a row, the next very flip can still be heads. Each flip is independent of the prior flip.

Giants won every 2 years, therefore they must win this year. Disregard the fact that the seasons and teams are completely different and independent of each other.

Here's a more absurd analogy in Independent Outcomes taken from a philosophy book I read... If you are getting on a commercial airliner, for safety’s sake, take a bomb with you . . . because the overwhelming odds are there won’t be two guys on the same plane with a bomb.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
Westsider45
draught tolerant
14
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: '17 C63 sedan
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: northern California

iTrader: (0)

There actually is a reason it might happen.

Long postseasons wear teams down, and a "down" season missing the playoffs is probably just the ticket to get rested and healthy for another deep run.

-jealous Doyer fan
__________________
'14 AW 320 ZSP 6MT Nav Mnrf Dinan1 - numb balance
'14 JB 228i 6MT Sport / nav / roof - cramped rocket
'09 Mazda RX8 GT 6MT w OE Nav - neutral noisy
'07 G35 sedan Sport 6MT - tail happy
'94 del Sol Si 5MT - sweet shifter
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 03:32 PM   #5
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3626
Rep
10,196
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsider45 View Post
There actually is a reason it might happen.

Long postseasons wear teams down, and a "down" season missing the playoffs is probably just the ticket to get rested and healthy for another deep run.

-jealous Doyer fan
so kind of like the Cubs experience right? The 1908 World Series was so taxing on the players and the farm system, they needed 107 years to recover? More of a generational recovery?
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 03:34 PM   #6
sygazelle
Colonel
1605
Rep
2,332
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Independent Outcomes (Monte Carlo Fallacy) -
Each coin flip is independent of each other. That's why if heads flipped 100000 times in a row, the next very flip can still be heads. Each flip is independent of the prior flip.

Giants won every 2 years, therefore they must win this year. Disregard the fact that the seasons and teams are completely different and independent of each other.

Here's a more absurd analogy in Independent Outcomes taken from a philosophy book I read... If you are getting on a commercial airliner, for safety’s sake, take a bomb with you . . . because the overwhelming odds are there won’t be two guys on the same plane with a bomb.
Your posts are independent events and yet the word bandwagon keeps coming up so there must be a correlation. You somehow defy the laws of probability, and logic for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3626
Rep
10,196
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Your posts are independent events and yet the word bandwagon keeps coming up so there must be a correlation. You somehow defy the laws of probability, and logic for that matter.
just trying to see how long it takes bay area cars and people to be decked out with Giants flags and shirts...I estimate by July.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #8
sygazelle
Colonel
1605
Rep
2,332
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
just trying to see how long it takes bay area cars and people to be decked out with Giants flags and shirts...I estimate by July.

I know you know better than what you are posting. You are self admittedly trash talking just for effect. Since you live in the Bay Area I know you cannot leave your house without seeing a Giant hat, t-shirt, or jersey virtually everywhere you look any month of the year. Also, the Giants have a great attendance record and have had for years. You already know that yet you post about bandwagons. You say the Warriors stink yet they won the title last year and made it to the 7th game this year against the buzzsaw known as Lebron James. Sane people would not call that stinking. The Sharks made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. Sane people would not call that stinking. There are Sharks hats, t-shirts and jerseys all over the Bay Area all the time as well. So if the Bay Area sports fans are on a bandwagon its a perpetual one.

You are correct about one thing: The 49ers do stink.

Anyway, have fun trash talking and sharing your love for the word bandwagon. You bring a certain entertainment value to this forum. Keep up the good work.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #9
CannonballRun
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Portsmouth, NH

iTrader: (0)

Are you sure you follow sports outside of baseball? Just a woman that does checking in here because some of that is either sarcastic or ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 10:44 AM   #10
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3526
Rep
5,719
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

I think we need to know for the record, Flying Ace who is your team, if you have one and what teams might you bandwagon? It's only fair you reveal this info so we have some meat to chew on.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 01:13 PM   #11
Johnster
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

I'll hop on board with this, even if Oakland has been laying the wood to us in our own park lately.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #12
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
782
Rep
1,944
Posts

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas Area (McKinney), TX

iTrader: (0)

I would love to see a Rangers / Giants WS rematch! Go Rangers!!

And some of the best teams win it all every other year......See SA Spurs 2003, 2005, 2007.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #13
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1688
Rep
25,789
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Here to bump this thread! Hoping my Giants can stay strong this year! It's a promising sign that we've been as good as we have with all the injuries thus far. Wishing we hadn't traded Duvall for Leake right about now!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 08:42 AM   #14
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3626
Rep
10,196
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Season tanking in 3....2..….1.....
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST