BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #89
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3622
Rep
10,193
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
defense. you don't play defense on jump shooters, you pray they miss.
is that so? Then Curry's performance was..... luck? Voodoo? Bewhaha? Pysched out?

Oh, I know: Injury! Curry was injured, that's the convenient excuse.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #90
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
kprocivic's Avatar
772
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: ecoboost s to the t
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: 92346

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
is that so? Then Curry's performance was..... luck? Voodoo? Bewhaha? Pysched out?

Oh, I know: Injury! Curry was injured, that's the convenient excuse.
he missed shots he normally makes? what more do you want. it's not brain surgery.
__________________
2.0l ecosmackkaa
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #91
csu87
Banned
2090
Rep
3,655
Posts

Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
is that so? Then Curry's performance was..... luck? Voodoo? Bewhaha? Pysched out?

Oh, I know: Injury! Curry was injured, that's the convenient excuse.
probably a combo of all of the above.

There was no doubt he was off his game. Any casual fan of the NBA could see that
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 04:42 PM   #92
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3622
Rep
10,193
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
he missed shots he normally makes? what more do you want. it's not brain surgery.
Defense.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #93
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
pikkagtr's Avatar
United_States
2047
Rep
2,086
Posts

Drives: 2018 AW F80
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
probably a combo of all of the above.

There was no doubt he was off his game. Any casual fan of the NBA could see that
Or maybe a long time fan can infer that he packed his bags and traveled to ChokeCity
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #94
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3622
Rep
10,193
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Or maybe a long time fan can infer that he packed his bags and traveled to ChokeCity
maybe he was preoccupied with personal stuff like opening up his wife's new restaurant?
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #95
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
kprocivic's Avatar
772
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: ecoboost s to the t
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: 92346

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Defense.
Are you an attorney? You know David Blatt got fired right.
__________________
2.0l ecosmackkaa
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 08:17 PM   #96
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
pikkagtr's Avatar
United_States
2047
Rep
2,086
Posts

Drives: 2018 AW F80
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
maybe he was preoccupied with personal stuff like opening up his wife's new restaurant?
Got anymore excuses??
His neighbor had a lovely dog that died after game 6
His favorite cereal got discontinued
His car broken down on the way to game 7
At the end of the day , he choked , like he choked in last year's finals
Not even the best player on his team had the warriors won it all this yr, as sadly donkey green would have taken finals mvp honors
Like I've ALWAYS said, curry is a 1 trick pony , shoots shoots shoots and pretty much nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 08:22 PM   #97
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
kprocivic's Avatar
772
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: ecoboost s to the t
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: 92346

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Got anymore excuses??
His neighbor had a lovely dog that died after game 6
His favorite cereal got discontinued
His car broken down on the way to game 7
At the end of the day , he choked , like he choked in last year's finals
Not even the best player on his team had the warriors won it all this yr, as sadly donkey green would have taken finals mvp honors
Like I've ALWAYS said, curry is a 1 trick pony , shoots shoots shoots and pretty much nothing else.
meanwhile the spurs begin the transition to collect social security.
__________________
2.0l ecosmackkaa
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 08:52 PM   #98
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
pikkagtr's Avatar
United_States
2047
Rep
2,086
Posts

Drives: 2018 AW F80
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
meanwhile the spurs begin the transition to collect social security.
We been collecting man!!! 😂😂😂
Manu needs to retire like last year and TD is a robot so we just need to upgrade him to 58.3
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #99
grimlock
Colonel
632
Rep
2,004
Posts

Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

I'm concerned Curry's right knee might actually be bad - he couldn't burn Love on that last play, which should be a cince for a guard. This makes him ineffectualy as he can't drive nor make his shot, much less shoot properly.
But he's busted his ankles before, hope he's not done career wise as he's one of a kind.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #100
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
4266
Rep
5,123
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (16)

James is the best of his generation without a doubt, and is a far better all around talent than Curry. In fact, it's not even close. I'd take one James over two Currys on my team any day.

The worst thing anyone can say about James is that he's not Jordan. Even that's a ridiculous statement because nobody else is either. Just because he's not as good as the best ever should take nothing away from the man.

Anyone who hates on James at this point has their vision clouded by other concerns not related to his talents and accomplishments as a basketball player. The all around stats he put up in this series are mind blowing, and he did it with the pressure of the world on his shoulders.

He's absolutely incredible.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 11:05 PM   #101
grimlock
Colonel
632
Rep
2,004
Posts

Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Although Curry 'lost' this time, you have to give him credit for bringing out this level in James. Before he was always shirking, indecisive, self-confused player.
He needed someone like Curry with self-belief to make him worship/hate on.
There are many examples of physical talents that never amounted to even a journeyman, because of what they lacked mentally.
It sucks that curry is weak physically, his injuries, that might limit us from seeing what the greatest ever shooter in history can do.
And if curry is gone James is just going to gain 40 pounds and call it a day playing so-so ball against OKC every year in the finals.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 11:48 PM   #102
sygazelle
Colonel
1603
Rep
2,330
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Got anymore excuses??
....
Like I've ALWAYS said, curry is a 1 trick pony , shoots shoots shoots and pretty much nothing else.
And every time you say it sounds as lame as the last time you said it. You don't seem to acknowledge the fact that Curry was number one in the NBA in steals this year. That's number 1 out of all the players on all the teams in the NBA. Last I checked steals are a defensive move. Is he the best defensive guard in the NBA? No, not even close, but he is absolutely makes an impact on defense. I don't think those that voted unanimously for Curry as MVP forgot that part. I get that you don't like him and you think he is overrated, but your ongoing one trick pony story is just plain not true. You are a smart guy. How can you not understand that point?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 01:08 AM   #103
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3622
Rep
10,193
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Making a impact on defense is the ability to do 2 giant strides from 3 point line, run 20 mph and elevate 14 feet up to meet a moving ball the size of your head at the highest trajectory point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lp-win-game-7/
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #104
sygazelle
Colonel
1603
Rep
2,330
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Making a impact on defense is the ability to do 2 giant strides from 3 point line, run 20 mph and elevate 14 feet up to meet a moving ball the size of your head at the highest trajectory point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lp-win-game-7/
What, a whole post without the word bandwagon? You are slipping

Lebron James is one of the greatest player to have played the game. The block you mentioned was one of the greatest defensive moves ever. It has nothing to do at all with my comment about Curry and the fact that he had more steals than any other player on any team in the NBA this season. All I'm saying is the one trick pony tag is not accurate. Comparing Curry to James has nothing to do with it. They are completely different players in position, size, and skills. This concept that if one person is good therefore the other person is not good is stupid. Using that logic, James is $hit because Jordan was better. Why can't they both be good? We are talking one in a billion skills here.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #105
TrevorM3
Major General
1185
Rep
5,733
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

the one major problem curry will have is his durability. we'll see how long he can sustain his level of play. (which wasn't up to par in game 7 as we saw)

The King has been durable, given the how long he's been in the league, the amount of minutes played, his size, strength etc. Dude is on another level physically.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 05:26 PM   #106
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3622
Rep
10,193
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
What, a whole post without the word bandwagon? You are slipping

Lebron James is one of the greatest player to have played the game. The block you mentioned was one of the greatest defensive moves ever. It has nothing to do at all with my comment about Curry and the fact that he had more steals than any other player on any team in the NBA this season. All I'm saying is the one trick pony tag is not accurate. Comparing Curry to James has nothing to do with it. They are completely different players in position, size, and skills. This concept that if one person is good therefore the other person is not good is stupid. Using that logic, James is $hit because Jordan was better. Why can't they both be good? We are talking one in a billion skills here.
sure it's relative, but I think we all know who the real MVP is.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #107
sygazelle
Colonel
1603
Rep
2,330
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
sure it's relative, but I think we all know who the real MVP is.

And once again you don't address my point. At least you are consistent.

I'm challenging your comment that Curry is a one trick pony and this is all you've got? You are surely better than that. Please enlighten us all on how Curry can be a one trick pony and only shoot shoot shoot and also have the most steals (by the way that's a defensive stat) of any player on any team in the NBA this season.

And the real MVP is James for the finals and Curry for the regular season. Your choice might be different but that is indisputable (except by you) fact.

That is all.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 10:44 PM   #108
ny325
Colonel
United_States
425
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yankee Stadium

iTrader: (0)

Rumor is, Curry might need knee surgery. I'm not a LJ fan, however, he and the Cavs wanted it more. I just wish LJ played in the Western Conference. Just curious how many final appearances he would be in. Playing in a weak Eastern Conference for a entire career, where on average, 4-5 teams are slightly.500. And the rest below .500 doesn't say much. However, that's not LJ fault, I get it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #109
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3622
Rep
10,193
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
And once again you don't address my point. At least you are consistent.

I'm challenging your comment that Curry is a one trick pony and this is all you've got? You are surely better than that. Please enlighten us all on how Curry can be a one trick pony and only shoot shoot shoot and also have the most steals (by the way that's a defensive stat) of any player on any team in the NBA this season.

And the real MVP is James for the finals and Curry for the regular season. Your choice might be different but that is indisputable (except by you) fact.

That is all.
He is a one trick pony. His trick is, he doesn't show up when his team needs him. Where was his all finals?!
http://hoopshype.com/2016/06/20/from...ats-plummeted/


B/c years from now, no one would talk about the 73 win season. Everyone will be talking about how LeBron OWNED the finals.

Just like no one talks about the Patriot's 16-0 regular season, but everyone talks about David Tyree's catch. Funny how result actually matter, not stats.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #110
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
pikkagtr's Avatar
United_States
2047
Rep
2,086
Posts

Drives: 2018 AW F80
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
He is a one trick pony. His trick is, he doesn't show up when his team needs him. Where was his all finals?!
http://hoopshype.com/2016/06/20/from...ats-plummeted/


B/c years from now, no one would talk about the 73 win season. Everyone will be talking about how LeBron OWNED the finals.

Just like no one talks about the Patriot's 16-0 regular season, but everyone talks about David Tyree's catch. Funny how result actually matter, not stats.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST