BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
CTB
Rep
Drives:

Aftermarket Sta-bars - brands?

Hi all. New member here, excited about the new 1-series coupe! I did a quick search and found so many threads about understeer that I thought this question would get lost in the shuffle. Thus, I figured I'd try a new thread. Hopefully I'm not annoying everyone with my first post...
:redface:

Without debating what is/is not needed by the car, I just wanted to ask what companies make aftermarket bars (and in particular rear ones) for the 1-series. If the coupe uses the same installation as the hatches, I would think that there is already a selection out there to choose from, given how long the hatches have been available in Europe. However, I have not yet found any, or anything that confirms if the coupe can use hatch bars. The Eibach site lists kits for the 1er, but not bar-only kits. As I live in the land of horrible roads, I'm not looking to lower or stiffen up the spring rates on a daily driver, so I'm looking for bar suggestions. I pretty much tune everything I get my hands on (it's the racer blood, I guess), and I'd bet the 1er would be no exception. Since I'm most interested in the 128i, perhaps the answer will be to graft on a 135 bar, but we won't know that for a while.

Thanks in advance for any help, and please flame me if I've annoyed the hell out of you guys.

EDIT: Ooooh, nuts. I just now realized there is a suspension forum here, and no "delete post" button. Strike-out on the first post...sorry folks...mods, do as you must...

Appreciate 0