11-11-2022, 04:46 AM   #1
Bigbob5678
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Coupe 135i m Sport

New to me BMW Coupe 135i m 2009/10 help please

Hi Everybody
I need some help from the group please.
I recently bought what was an import from Japan and it has something on the top of the windscreen that I can't Identify and something in the tunnel side of the drivers footwell that I can't Identify.
The small rectangular box on the windscreen its beside the mirror and has come away from the screen revealing the side that was against the glass, its red plastic like an infrared receiver. The car has a toll mirror with camera and account card slot on the back because Japan uses lots of toll roads. This is a factory fitted option.The box on the screen could be to do that that but I would like to know for sure! Thoughts anybody?
The other thing in the side of the foot well could be to so with the basic dash cam in the car but I don't thinks it is as it doesn't seem to do anything but its always on and has a blue plus red LED and push button switch, any ideas on that one?
Thanks for helping.
Bob
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 07:35 AM   #2
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Ummm:
Appreciate 3
      11-13-2022, 01:58 AM   #3
Bigbob5678
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Coupe 135i m Sport

Well that was interesting !
Having followed the wiring for the unidentified box on the screen under the headlining and down the A pillar, behind the dashboard, turns out its a receiver for infra red data pulses sent by the traffic data services in Japan for upcoming traffic issues, accidents jams etc. and is factory.
BUT in doing so I found 3 aftermarket boxes behind the dash with wires every where power taps, data cables, 4 aerials and I'm not sure I'm done yet as that was just the drivers side and I haven't got the display on the top of the dash working again yet.
The boxes seem to be to enable using the display to watch films and TV ? as far as I could tel.
Having spent most of yesterday working on it I ran out of daylight and time, so will have to get back to it another day.
I need to pull the centre of the dash apart as theres a cable that needs to go back to the top display that has been re routed to one of the third party boxes, hopefully that's what is stoping the screen working!
I'm also going to check around the glove box, fuse board area to see if anything else turns up.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 06:35 AM   #4
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

You may want to post in the 135 forum
this is the 1M forum—way less people
come though here—-