BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
Efraim
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M Sport

nice double 5-spoke wheels, need pointers

Gentlefolk,

I am a newbie, and for better or worse I put proper winter tires on my stock wheels for my space grey 2012 135i (M Sport package), just in the one winter that was not a winter here, yet the last two were...

I am trying to find nice- looking wheels for months now and have not found much that I really like, wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I like and love the 313 design which is my what I am driving now (winter tires, should change, soon!). Would anyone have any interesting pointers for double 5- spoke wheels for a 135i? BMW wheels are pricey and there must be better ones, for not crazy amounts of money. Could I trust anyone on ebay for used ones? Probably not so much.

The selection is just so wide that I would not be surprised if I am not alone and one of you may just surprise me. Also stock for my car is what,

So far I like the Enkei SS05 a bit (and then see the Enkei RPF1 weighs 18 lbs), or the FlowOne F1 (never heard of them), but I wouldn't even know what is good, or what 'offset' means or what staggered means and really implies - I am not a native english speaker and never had to learn/ know any of this I guess.

I could just keep the stock wheels, put the nice summer tires on, and get some affordable rial tires for winter for next year...

Please help, I cannot be the only one wondering about this. Pointers/ feedback would be truly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 01:57 PM   #2
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

313 is probably the best looking 5-double spoke wheel on the 1er.

If you weren't particular to 5 spoke, the Forgestar F14 is a nice looking double spoke. For something a little different, I also like the look of the Enkei RS05RR, a member on here has a set on a black 1er, looks nice.
      04-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #3
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I love the 313s that came with my 135is. I do wish they were 1/2" wider than the standard wheel or a slightly more aggressive offset, but love them nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #4
Efraim
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
313 is probably the best looking 5-double spoke wheel on the 1er.
So where do I find another set of 313's potentially?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
If you weren't particular to 5 spoke, the Forgestar F14 is a nice looking double spoke. For something a little different, I also like the look of the Enkei RS05RR, a member on here has a set on a black 1er, looks nice.
Tirerack says the Enkei RS05RR is not available for my car. And my expertise stops here mostly, so I would probably have to find a good place to ask locally here somewhere. Oh, and the RSF5 seems to be what I am looking for, but tirerack only has those for 16" but Amazon lists the 18" somewhere I see.

Thank you, Sir, this lead me on a better track than before. It may be 313's again, or the RSF5, or something close - in Silver.

Thank you to everyone for reading this and your help, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 03:16 PM   #5
Xaoc
Private
Rep
Drives: LeMans Blue 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efraim View Post
So where do I find another set of 313's potentially?
You can order some from Get BMW Parts:
https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=4462

You might be able get some via eBay/CL/etc..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #6
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

One word of warning, the 1 series coupe is very limited in selection for wheels that fit due to the weird factory offsets. So if you look at non-BMW wheels, be careful in your width and offset selection.

If you plan to keep the suspsension stock, you can probably go about 10mm more aggressive in the rear and front with no issues, any further and you may have rubbing on large bumps/dips.

Some wheel manufacturers have come out with 1 series specific offset wheels. Examples are Apex wheels, and VMR wheels. Maybe they have a style that you like...

Good luck.
Appreciate 0