BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #199
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

I got a chance to drive a Z4M just a few months ago... I didn't like the low slung back position.. The ride was actually harsher than the 1M. Agree with you a bit on the 8K part, but that's from an E30 M3 owner perspective.. The 1M is 50 bazillion times more practical as a daily driver. There ARE rear seats, and the trunk is usable for more than that set of clubs. (as in.. you can actually leave them in the 1M and fit other stuff in, too!)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #200
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

As an American it's my responsibility to tell you.....get both and assume huge debt.

They are both great cars but I don't have any regrets moving my Z4mc and getting a 1M.
      09-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #201
LateralG
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M54E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I got a chance to drive a Z4M just a few months ago... I didn't like the low slung back position.. The ride was actually harsher than the 1M. Agree with you a bit on the 8K part, but that's from an E30 M3 owner perspective.. The 1M is 50 bazillion times more practical as a daily driver. There ARE rear seats, and the trunk is usable for more than that set of clubs. (as in.. you can actually leave them in the 1M and fit other stuff in, too!)
every bit of 1m is making me biased towards it, i do have a beater however, (honda Jazz ftw!!) that makes the 50 gazilion times to about 25 gazilion times.. lol..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #202
LateralG
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M54E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
As an American it's my responsibility to tell you.....get both and assume huge debt.

They are both great cars but I don't have any regrets moving my Z4mc and getting a 1M.
owning an S54 is like having a piece of BMW history, while the z4m was never officially introduced in China, the 1m is given a 200units quota..

it's the fear that i'm never going to find an 1M in the future in the 2nd hand car market, and financially speaking, the z4m makes more sense at the moment..

like u said... i almost put the deposits for both to be in a great debt.. you guys have no idea how lucky it is to have cars so much cheaper, relatively. Paying for the 1M here equals having both the z4m and the 1m in the states.. and sperm banks don't give as much return here.. fvck.
Appreciate 0