United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
I do not recall having any lag, car has a been moderately pro-tuned though. I would think that adding a larger volume FMIC has the potential to cause some negative outcomes (pressure drop,weight) in some cases but believe the positives far outweigh.
Okay, i installed downpipes, and two days after that i installed this FMIC.

With the downpipe i felt a better throttle response, or a better spooling. And when the FMIC was installed, it kinda erased the gain i felt.

I read somewhere that the Forge FMIC has a great cooling but a bit of pressure drop, that's why i wonder if it's normal. If i remember well, a person called "darkiem4" lost 0.5sec on a 100-200 kph compared to a Wagner or to the stock FMIC. (i may find the thread)

I believe it has been developped on a 1M but i am not sure, maybe it performs better on the 1M ?
Did you run logs and remap?
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 04:00 AM   #112
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Yes MHD Stage 2+, i am hitting my targets, the spool seems just a bit slower than with the stock FMIC.

The thread i was talking about :

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1088334

"On a sidenote I previously had the following 2 FMIC's on the car:
- Forge FMIC: Bar and plate, similar size as stock fmic but quite a bit more heavy. While cooling being it a lot better it also came at great pressure drop. For reference it only gave 18 psi peak at 5k rpm then dropped to 15 psi at 6k rpm and 14.5 at 6.5k rpm.
My 60-120 time decreased by 0.5 seconds (performance box logged) even though IAT were a lot cooler than stock fmic. The pressure drop was just too much. Since Forge advertised same pressure drop as stock fmic they allowed me to return the fmic at no cost and refund me. They also removed the no pressure drop part on their website "
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #113
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

1&done Chad i cant send you a message you need to clean out your messages m8
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #114
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio54 View Post
Quote:
Yes MHD Stage 2+, i am hitting my targets, the spool seems just a bit slower than with the stock FMIC.

The thread i was talking about :

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1088334

"On a sidenote I previously had the following 2 FMIC's on the car:
- Forge FMIC: Bar and plate, similar size as stock fmic but quite a bit more heavy. While cooling being it a lot better it also came at great pressure drop. For reference it only gave 18 psi peak at 5k rpm then dropped to 15 psi at 6k rpm and 14.5 at 6.5k rpm.
My 60-120 time decreased by 0.5 seconds (performance box logged) even though IAT were a lot cooler than stock fmic. The pressure drop was just too much. Since Forge advertised same pressure drop as stock fmic they allowed me to return the fmic at no cost and refund me. They also removed the no pressure drop part on their website "
Interesting, if I were FORGE I would have never altered that statement after someone else's data (n of 1) unless it's a known fact, but I doubt it. Maybe Harold can chime in more. He had a FORGE on his 1M and many others do as well. It's probably the go to FMIC for our cars just for its plug n play capability. Personally if cutting/trimming was not an issue I would be running the AD Engineering 650 unit. I've just been happy w/ FORGE and zero issues on track and in he FL heat. I doubt I would gain any faster lap times w/ the stock FMIC back in. In m my mind the FMIC doesn't add pwr it just helps sustain it. Again, I'm no expert.

Sorry Mark, box cleaned out.
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 06:29 PM   #115
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Personally if cutting/trimming was not an issue I would be running the AD Engineering 650 unit.
+1 for that
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 03:40 AM   #116
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Interesting, if I were FORGE I would have never altered that statement after someone else's data (n of 1) unless it's a known fact, but I doubt it. Maybe Harold can chime in more. He had a FORGE on his 1M and many others do as well. It's probably the go to FMIC for our cars just for its plug n play capability. Personally if cutting/trimming was not an issue I would be running the AD Engineering 650 unit. I've just been happy w/ FORGE and zero issues on track and in he FL heat. I doubt I would gain any faster lap times w/ the stock FMIC back in. In m my mind the FMIC doesn't add pwr it just helps sustain it. Again, I'm no expert.

Sorry Mark, box cleaned out.
Yes, weird, because if you go to Forge website, for the N54 FMIC, the statement is still here, so they didn't remove it.

I am hitting my targets, just feeling a small extra lag/slow initial spooling.

I plan to make a smoke test asap to see if everything ok, but i tend to believe if i had a leak somewhere at the FMIC couplers (or else where) i will have a leak to the whole range, not only at the initial spooling.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #117
Soterios
BXR
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Has anyone used the COBB intercooler? I'm looking for a bolt on option without having to cut away at my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 07:43 PM   #118
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
^I think the COBB IC is produced by CPE, like there DPs are. Have only used FORGE and Dinan and cutting was required for the Dinan
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0