BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #1
Karysten
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Check engine light/ reduced power

Was on my way out to dinner last night and did a pull in 2nd up to 6k and the engine light came on. Reduced power and what not so i got a little scared because this never had happened before so I ended up going home to check the codes on the MHD app and it displayed the active codes: 2DCE - Valvetronic system: no adjustment possible. And the code 3447 saying the oil level is to low. The inactive codes are 2BDE, 2DD0, and 2E11. The funny thing that happened is that after checking the codes I turned the car back and poof everything is fine again. Should I be concerned?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #2
Havocsteve
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Mine did that but I'm unsure of the codes. Ended up being the VVT servomotor. It's honestly such a PITA fix, I would send it in and get it done properly. I finally got my car running properly after a few months of headaches with the same issue.

Give it a few days, if you get funny coughs when you cold start the car, you'll know it's the VVT servomotor. Check on it and monitor. But be prepared for some serious out of pocket repair if needed. Check the forum also, the wiring and a quick check for the seal will tell if it's gone bad.
Appreciate 1