BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-05-2023, 02:03 PM   #1
Filterlab
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 123D

123d run out / warped discs

Hello all, just joined so first post.

Firstly I want to thank a variety of members for the wealth of information I've gleaned from this forum as an occasional reader / Googler. I have read many helpful posts, and learned a lot, but my current problem is a bid of an odd one....

My 2008 123D has a real problem with warping discs. In the last nine months I've had THREE complete sets of discs and pads fitted, and each time after about three months, every single disc has warped, all round. The first two sets were Pagid discs, the current set are Brembo discs, which in fairness have lasted better than the Pagid discs.

Before you jump on the "it's your driving" bandwagon, please read this: This car is my 25th car, and on the previous 24 cars I've never had any brake discs warp. I drive approximately 30,000 miles a year for work, and both my mechanics over the years have remarked on how long brakes last on my vehicles. In fact on my last car, a little Citroën, I achieved almost 90,000 miles on one all round set of discs.

I never hot spot brakes (holding the pedal after a stop), and being an advanced license holder (and an ex-lorry driver), I drive way ahead and rarely have to brake hard.

The car itself has no other faults (well, apart from DMF judder); all suspension components are perfect, no worn bushes, rear shocks and springs replaced last year, sits perfectly level, the wheels are true and it drives absolutely arrow straight and handles perfectly.

All ideas gratefully received!

Thanks, Rob.
Appreciate 0