BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-07-2023, 04:06 AM   #1
Mucbosh
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 125i

Rear subframe bent?

I've been having a problem with my car (E82 125i) wherein the alignment goes out frequently and suddenly. My alignment shop told me that the problem is the rear left eccentric bolt has worn out and is moving, no big deal. Before I ordered the part I wanted to jack the car up and make sure I'm not ordering the wrong part, and it sure looks like the eccentric washer has moved so I'll order a new bolt+washer. But I also noticed the mounting point for the toe arm appears to be bent (the top photo is the bent side, the bottom photo is the other side for reference).

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

I saw another thread where another person had the same problem, and that thread concluded in him ordering a new subframe entirely...
If the replacement bolt doesn't fix the problem, then there surely must be a way to fix the subframe without replacing it right?
Appreciate 0