BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #23
mbrunner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911/Lotus Exige S

Quote:
Originally Posted by singular View Post
Great information - Thanks!

I'm planning on keeping my 1er for a long time.

If you don't modify your car at all and are going to stay stock engine wise, I probably wouldn't get an analysis EVERY oil change but maybe every other one.

For a new BMW I would do the analysis when you change your oil yourself and just skip it when you go in for the free change. I would not trust a 15k mile interval on these cars. I consider that one of the main reasons that BMW's may have problems down the road, better to change your oil too often than not enough
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2009, 12:49 AM   #24
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrunner View Post
If you don't modify your car at all and are going to stay stock engine wise, I probably wouldn't get an analysis EVERY oil change but maybe every other one.

For a new BMW I would do the analysis when you change your oil yourself and just skip it when you go in for the free change. I would not trust a 15k mile interval on these cars. I consider that one of the main reasons that BMW's may have problems down the road, better to change your oil too often than not enough
Thanks for the advice.

I agree - changing oil only every 15K sounds insane to me.

I'm planning on an initial change at 1200 followed by one at 7500, then every 7500 alternating with the BMW change. Getting an analysis every time I do the change makes sense to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #25
bman6074
Major
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S

Thanks for the analysis
Subscribed for your second report at 8500.
By the way what oil did you use?