BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #23
xhanthus
Rep
Drives:

New user to this forum

Hello-- I am currently in the market for a 3 series and have joined this forum to get information that will help me get enough information on the 1 series by the time it rolls out. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #24
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

do you think they'll use lesser grade materials in the 135 vs 3 series?....this is the first I've heard of that....my thought is Boston Leather=Boston Leather on any BMW, 1, 3, or 7 series....I mean, COs like Audi in the A3 and even the Mini use incredibly high grade interior materials....

335 is a stunning automobile, no question, but for a "decently" equipped coupe at 45-47k, that to me is overpriced ...I also think a loaded TT @ 47k is just crazy......For that price, I would opt for a nicely equipped M45,,a G37 and 10 grand to invest, an IS 350 and 8 grand to invest,maybe even a new Jag XF coming out.....however, I'm not exceeding 40k for a car purchase....

now the 135, just a killer @ 38k (auto, premium).......at that price point, nothing comes close......

Garrett, I'm a couple of years older than you, but spending over 40k on a car is not in my value system.....IMHO I dont think anyone should purchase a car that exceeds 25% of their gross annual income...I'm not judging anyone, but for lots of folks, BMW now,grocery clerk at 70...the % of US households that earn over 100k is 5%......personal savings rate is abyssmal....household credit card debt is outlandish....

Just by mere demographics on this board, a bunch of folks will put themselves in financial jeopardy by buying even the 135......
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #25
paulitalia
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
do you think they'll use lesser grade materials in the 135 vs 3 series?....this is the first I've heard of that....my thought is Boston Leather=Boston Leather on any BMW, 1, 3, or 7 series....I mean, COs like Audi in the A3 and even the Mini use incredibly high grade interior materials....

335 is a stunning automobile, no question, but for a "decently" equipped coupe at 45-47k, that to me is overpriced ...I also think a loaded TT @ 47k is just crazy......For that price, I would opt for a nicely equipped M45,,a G37 and 10 grand to invest, an IS 350 and 8 grand to invest,maybe even a new Jag XF coming out.....however, I'm not exceeding 40k for a car purchase....

now the 135, just a killer @ 38k (auto, premium).......at that price point, nothing comes close......

Garrett, I'm a couple of years older than you, but spending over 40k on a car is not in my value system.....IMHO I dont think anyone should purchase a car that exceeds 25% of their gross annual income...I'm not judging anyone, but for lots of folks, BMW now,grocery clerk at 70...the % of US households that earn over 100k is 5%......personal savings rate is abyssmal....household credit card debt is outlandish....

Just by mere demographics on this board, a bunch of folks will put themselves in financial jeopardy by buying even the 135......

Badass statement right there ^............very well put..... a little more than necessary but well put lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #26
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulitalia View Post
Badass statement right there
thanks brother...welcome to the 1 board.....home of cool moderators
Appreciate 0