BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-10-2018, 05:23 AM   #1211
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performancedieselpros View Post
Well if it makes you feel any better my clients pay me $95-115 an hour to train them, on top of their membership cost of $130....

Just think, it could always be worst!
Yep, could be worst,...u miss my post last week the dude next to me drop dead huh.

Anyhow $36 not the end of world... I get it reimbursed by Work anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #1212
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Did you get the rest of your workout in?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #1213
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
Yep, could be worst,...u miss my post last week the dude next to me drop dead huh.

Anyhow $36 not the end of world... I get it reimbursed by Work anyhow.
Yeah I saw it, but for sake of biting my tongue on the industry I chose to not comment.

Sadly there are too many individuals provided poor guidance, support, or regiment! From the fitness side, and from doctors. Often times the underlying causes of heart failure or stroke go easily over looked.

I'll be the first to say though, no matter what type of exercise you like to do make sure the facility has an AED and CPR trained staff.

I'll never forget being a consultant for a $36 million "club" being built assisting in program design and structure of classes, training staff, and small group training, and when I went to ask to review their par-q, medical questionnaire, and cardiovascular history sheets for clients their response was "what isn't on paper, we don't know about".... I instantly walked out of the meeting and never provided further service to the facility.

Sadly health and fitness comes after the bottom line the majority of time.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #1214
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Did you get the rest of your workout in?
Yep I left when the cops kicked us out and I came back 4 hours later.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #1215
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

In college we had a friend on leg day hurt his back ambulance had to be called. We dragged him out of the way so we could keep going.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #1216
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
In college we had a friend on leg day hurt his back ambulance had to be called. We dragged him out of the way so we could keep going.
That's just called tough love!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 09:20 AM   #1217
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Pretty much we have laughed about that one for long time.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #1218
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Lol now that is funny
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 06:54 AM   #1219
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Nothing bothering me...but my favorite meme at this point of the year....
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #1220
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Nothing bothering me...but my favorite meme at this point of the year....
Haaaaaa, so true.

I just don’t get it???? Why not stay fit and in good shape year round???

This whole let yourself get out of shape then stress your body to get back in shape is amusing to me.

Honestly I think it’s laziness, so ppl can eat and do what ever they want and just say “ it’s ok I’m bulking”.

You can put on good actual lean muscle without doing that. Which most bulking weight is garbage, water and puffiness....lol
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:03 AM   #1221
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Haaaaaa, so true.

This whole let yourself get out of shape then stress your body to get back in shape is amusing to me.

Honestly I think it’s laziness, so ppl can eat and do what ever they want and just say “ it’s ok I’m bulking”.

You can put on good actual lean muscle without doing that. Which most bulking weight is garbage, water and puffiness....lol
I probably stay about 15% bf typically.... but I like to eat. I still eat healthy during the weekday, just higher volume and watch the carbs less...add deserts everyday by and large and candy.

So bulking season for me is my happy time. I eat more, lift heavier cause I’m fatter and stronger and I do less cardio. Walk maybe 45 min treadmill per week vs 4 hours per week when I’m cutting. That said I walk everyday to work etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #1222
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Haaaaaa, so true.

Lot of it is to maximize the gear. I agree 100%! Keepnin mind the BS calories in vs calories out nonsense and flexible dieting crap has really fucked the industry all in the name of marketing.

Textbook will tell you to gain you want a 500cal surplus, which as you said easily converts to fat. Hell all it takes is 1 extra snack you don't need with 147 cals in it and BOOM 15lbs of fat are on within a year!

My favorite "diet" is carbohydrate back loading. It's funny, because it focuses on timing of insulin surges to maximize anabolic ability post..... plus true glycogen replenishment!

Example, I will do cuts down to 5% eating this and only doing cardio for 20mins at a lol 3 on the stairs 2x per week.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 07:49 AM   #1223
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My favorite "diet" is carbohydrate back loading. It's funny, because it focuses on timing of insulin surges to maximize anabolic ability post..... plus true glycogen replenishment!

I carb pre load the night before and back load after the gym lol. I find pre loading even on a cut gives me energy for the next morning for heavy weights.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 08:23 AM   #1224
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
I probably stay about 15% bf typically.... but I like to eat. I still eat healthy during the weekday, just higher volume and watch the carbs less...add deserts everyday by and large and candy.

So bulking season for me is my happy time. I eat more, lift heavier cause I’m fatter and stronger and I do less cardio. Walk maybe 45 min treadmill per week vs 4 hours per week when I’m cutting. That said I walk everyday to work etc.
So wait, you are happier when you are fatter and out of shape???? That is so bizarre to me.

What if you could be just as strong while being leaner. Shouldn’t that be the goal?

I get we all have different training methods and goals, but isn’t the end result to be fit and balanced for our health and overall well being?

I see so many guys, young and old obsessed with trying to get “Big” and sacrificing every health and fitness principle in the process.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 11:30 AM   #1225
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I carb pre load the night before and back load after the gym lol. I find pre loading even on a cut gives me energy for the next morning for heavy weights.
This is actually a very good technique!

Just embrace pasta and keep glucose spill over in check and your good!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #1226
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So wait, you are happier when you are fatter and out of shape???? That is so bizarre to me.

What if you could be just as strong while being leaner. Shouldn’t that be the goal?

I get we all have different training methods and goals, but isn’t the end result to be fit and balanced for our health and overall well being?

I see so many guys, young and old obsessed with trying to get “Big” and sacrificing every health and fitness principle in the process.
You understand the balance of feeling and looking good, many don't nor do they care. Look at the fitness show world, even the chicks are obsessed with being bigger in categories such as figure and bikini. Post up an illusion by being dry and dehydrated, then look like a sloppy marshmallow the very next day once they refeed. (I hate fitness competitions, and fuck someone telling you whether you look good or not)

It's all about PR's or being lean, very few are in the between area of the 2.

By the time I'm at 11% it's wholly shit mode, but then again when I get to 4-5% I look at a goldfish cracker and bloat and feel watery.

8-10% is a happy balance for me personally, plus the swing in physical feeling is less.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #1227
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Very happy, more happy ... but let’s be clear. I’m not like 35% bf. And I stay at size 32 waist. When I cut I might be 30. When I cut I still have cheat days which keeps me generally happy. When I’m bulking I’m happy all the time.

Every time I bulk I get stronger, every time I cut I’m at a higher strength level but weaker vs when I’m fully fed.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #1228
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
You understand the balance of feeling and looking good, many don't nor do they care. Look at the fitness show world, even the chicks are obsessed with being bigger in categories such as figure and bikini. Post up an illusion by being dry and dehydrated, then look like a sloppy marshmallow the very next day once they refeed. (I hate fitness competitions, and fuck someone telling you whether you look good or not)

It's all about PR's or being lean, very few are in the between area of the 2.

By the time I'm at 11% it's wholly shit mode, but then again when I get to 4-5% I look at a goldfish cracker and bloat and feel watery.

8-10% is a happy balance for me personally, plus the swing in physical feeling is less.
Oh I know that dark side of the fitness industry well, it is all lies, hypocrisy and smoke and mirrors. Most all of those ppl will wreck themselves in some way shape or form eventually. So I am not including them in this convo. I am referring to us, all the others in the real world on their fitness journeys not partaking in that farce of a culture.

I guess since I strive to stay at a consistent level and weight year round, the up down, bulking, carbing thing was never for me. Living in Florida prob has something to do with it, seeing that it is always beach weather.

I hear ya with achieving PRs. Reaching personal bests across a wide variety of movements and domains, along with working on my weaknesses keeps me where I need to be fitness wise.

So when you really break it down, the choice to bulk or not to bulk is a personal one...lol
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #1229
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Oh I know that dark side of the fitness industry well, it is all lies, hypocrisy and smoke and mirrors. Most all of those ppl will wreck themselves in some way shape or form eventually. So I am not including them in this convo. I am referring to us, all the others in the real world on their fitness journeys not partaking in that farce of a culture.

I guess since I strive to stay at a consistent level and weight year round, the up down, bulking, carbing thing was never for me. Living in Florida prob has something to do with it, seeing that it is always beach weather.

I hear ya with achieving PRs. Reaching personal bests across a wide variety of movements and domains, along with working on my weaknesses keeps me where I need to be fitness wise.

So when you really break it down, the choice to bulk or not to bulk is a personal one...lol
Best way I explain to my clients your body will do what It wants, case in point look at Arnold Schwarzenegger now lol!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 10:34 PM   #1230
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Lot of it is to maximize the gear. I agree 100%! Keepnin mind the BS calories in vs calories out nonsense and flexible dieting crap has really fucked the industry all in the name of marketing.

Textbook will tell you to gain you want a 500cal surplus, which as you said easily converts to fat. Hell all it takes is 1 extra snack you don't need with 147 cals in it and BOOM 15lbs of fat are on within a year!

Example, I will do cuts down to 5% eating this and only doing cardio for 20mins at a lol 3 on the stairs 2x per week.

Ok back on topic and relates to this pic....

I’ve recently seen a bunch of youngsters 18-21yo who come in the gym with a box of donuts and eat them while they do bench and squats.
Wtf?!?!?

Anyone else seen this????
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 11:23 PM   #1231
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

[IMG]http://image.ibb.co/eALEsx/20180316_145856.jpg[/IMG]

I’ve recently seen a bunch of youngsters 18-21yo who come in the gym with a box of donuts and eat them while they do bench and squats.
Wtf?!?!?

I eat 2-3 bags of sour patch kids per workout

I can't train after any real meal in me (I'll puke) but I also can't do it fasted- so I eat the packets 20 minutes prior to working out. Simple carbs yayyyyyy
      03-18-2018, 11:49 PM   #1232
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Wtf?!?!?

That's funny, my favorite is eating donut holes half way til the end of my lift. Lots of looks from people thinkimg the same thing likely, and once I was told it was inappropriate as it doesnt help with others... SMH!

The young bucks you saw likely saw it on social media and don't get the reasoning so here it is.

From the science side is it's steady feed glycogen recovery, not to be confused with replenishment. It aids in NOT having to do a carb surge post workout! That surge often stores fat as the moment your body hits about 30g of carbs in a sitting you trigger an insulin response and insulin is great for building muscle, BUT it's also great at storing fat! This is where all the glucose in the blood that can't be stored as glycogen in the muscles, is converted to adipose AKA fat!

Now I will say this.... the hard candy and gummy near technique is highly more effective for fast sugar delivery as the fat that is found in donuts actually blocks and slows the absorption of the sugar. (I like fireballs, or cinnamon hard candies)

Its best applied to big muscle group days such as legs and back!since you tend to!burn more calories than when doing chest, arms, or ahoulders.

Last edited by Performancedieselpros; 03-18-2018 at 11:55 PM..
Appreciate 0