BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Today, 05:54 PM   #10319
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrak410 View Post
Be careful, if you don't follow the group think and fall in line, you'll be called an idiot, moron, imbecile, and all other manner of derogatory names...

There is quite a difference in how he presented his case vs. how you did.

You might have been called a moron. The rest of those you put there yourself, but if the shoe fits then by all means go for it.

Your previous posts misinterpreting an article and then taking that to mean that the state of Florida is cooking the numbers because there is an election is why you have earned such accolades amongst your peers here.

The track record so far has been Florida suppressing the numbers. Seeing the positive cases there as an out to get Trump thing is ludicrous. I mean, is it the governors office or the senators that are out to get him? Or is it a conspiracy among the mayors? Perhaps it is the aldermen banding together to pull off this elaborate stunt. Crisis actors in the hospitals perhaps?
Appreciate 2
minn197050.50
chris7193560.00

Today, 05:57 PM   #10320
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
My daughter gave us the flu and hand/foot/mouth disease one year and she was perfectly fine.
Yes. There is not a single precedent that I could find of a virus that children get infected with but can't spread effectively. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not accepting reality. There would need to be a huge amount of evidence to establish this.

Even if the attack rate and transmission rates are lower in children, it certainly will cause additional spread if you have them congregate. The article was sensational. Saying that "Children act more as a brake on infection" is illogical. They would need to be a dead-end host for that to happen. Just because infecting a child is better than infecting an adult doesn't mean it can "brake" anything. You know what's better than infecting a child, not infecting anyone at all. Having children congregate and then celebrating that they only infect 10% of their classmates instead of 20%, for example, is not really helping anything.

Now, I am not saying that schools can't open. That is a different debate. Using this as the basis of an argument as to why it's OK to open schools is bad, though.

Last edited by chris719; Today at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 3
Dagamus_NM1436.00
minn197050.50

Today, 06:01 PM   #10321
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
There is quite a difference in how he presented his case vs. how you did.

You might have been called a moron. The rest of those you put there yourself, but if the shoe fits then by all means go for it.

Your previous posts misinterpreting an article and then taking that to mean that the state of Florida is cooking the numbers because there is an election is why you have earned such accolades amongst your peers here.

The track record so far has been Florida suppressing the numbers. Seeing the positive cases there as an out to get Trump thing is ludicrous. I mean, is it the governors office or the senators that are out to get him? Or is it a conspiracy among the mayors? Perhaps it is the aldermen banding together to pull off this elaborate stunt. Crisis actors in the hospitals perhaps?
Definitely crisis actors. They are expertly trained by George Soros to not be able to breathe to get themselves admitted.

I heard that 98% of COVID-19 patients in Florida have the patient name Emma Gonzalez.
Appreciate 3
Dagamus_NM1436.00
mbanks211079.50
minn197050.50

Today, 06:03 PM   #10322
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Definitely crisis actors. They are expertly trained to not be able to breathe to get themselves admitted.

I heard that 98% of COVID-19 patients in Florida have the patient name Emma Gonzalez.
It is true. I wonder if they will give awards to the best crisis actor? I mean, Tom Hanks lost a lot of weight for Castaway, but that is nothing next to Emma Gonzalez over here on a ventilator for three months. Such dedication to the craft.
Appreciate 2
chris7193560.00
minn197050.50

Today, 06:04 PM   #10323
BimmerDimmer6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

@chris719

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/moder...210000747.html

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:08 PM   #10324
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
COVID IS OVER!

Local restaurants packed elbow to elbow around here.
It's SO weird ... FL & AZ are doing everything wrong, yet things are STILL going wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 4
chris7193560.00
ASAP3357.00
minn197050.50

Today, 06:15 PM   #10325
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My stock appreciates the news, but I think it was pretty much assumed based on their earlier press release when they concluded Phase I. It's definitely positive news, but the real test is efficacy.

I don't want to be a downer, but it is entirely possible that the response the vaccine induces is not protective, or worse, enhances disease. I'm cautiously optimistic, though.

To me, if this vaccine only succeeds in preventing hospitalizations it will still be a massive success. Unrelated to COVID-19, I think this is a very good development for Moderna as a business. The fact that these very publicized trials show their mRNA platform works as intended and gets the host to produce the desired antigen is a good sign for their other products in the pipeline.

Last edited by chris719; Today at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 2
minn197050.50

Today, 06:58 PM   #10326
Artemis
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwv View Post
"Trump also mistakenly said, as he often has, that the 1918 flu pandemic started in 1917."

Friedrich Trump, immigrant in the US from Bavaria (now Germany) and paternal grandfather of Donald Trump, died in May 1918 at the age of 49 as one of the many victims of the Spanish flu pandemic.
      Today, 07:02 PM   #10327
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
"Trump also mistakenly said, as he often has, that the 1918 flu pandemic started in 1917."

Friedrich Trump, immigrant in the US from Bavaria (now Germany) and paternal grandfather of Donald Trump, died in May 1918 at the age of 49 as one of the many victims of the Spanish flu pandemic.
Um it believe to have stated in China in 1917 by some historians

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...cience-health/

Fyi I do agree with this view as it appears to be a much stronger case then the Kansas narrative.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:26 PM   #10328
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Got room for me at your place? I wont take up much space and I'll do all the dishes.

We are in serious trouble down here. Send help!

Is Canada talking about building a wall yet?
Hmm...I do most of the dishes right now, so that offer is actually a bit tempting!

Maybe throw in the M2 for my driving pleasure whenever I'd like and we can work out an arrangement lol!

Stay safe!
Appreciate 2
minn197050.50

Today, 07:46 PM   #10329
BimmerDimmer6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
My stock appreciates the news, but I think it was pretty much assumed based on their earlier press release when they concluded Phase I. It's definitely positive news, but the real test is efficacy.

I don't want to be a downer, but it is entirely possible that the response the vaccine induces is not protective, or worse, enhances disease. I'm cautiously optimistic, though.

To me, if this vaccine only succeeds in preventing hospitalizations it will still be a massive success. Unrelated to COVID-19, I think this is a very good development for Moderna as a business. The fact that these very publicized trials show their mRNA platform works as intended and gets the host to produce the desired antigen is a good sign for their other products in the pipeline.
Study says "produced large number of neutralizing antibodies" went on to say it has produced more n - ab than those with prior COVID infection.

I really don't remember that much from my freshman immunology course, but I know neutralization via ab is first step, but wouldn't recognition by those ab of an antigen loaded on an MHC be the golden response we are looking for?

Neutralization> opsonization> complement system activation?
Appreciate 1
chris7193560.00

Today, 08:04 PM   #10330
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrak410 View Post
Be careful, if you don't follow the group think and fall in line, you'll be called an idiot, moron, imbecile, and all other manner of derogatory names...

No, you'll be called an idiot, moron, imbecile, and all other manner of derogatory names for reading a journalist's conclusion on the study and not reading it yourself from the source.

This shit isn't hard to find.
Appreciate 1
minn197050.50

Today, 08:39 PM   #10331
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Study says "produced large number of neutralizing antibodies" went on to say it has produced more n - ab than those with prior COVID infection.

I really don't remember that much from my freshman immunology course, but I know neutralization via ab is first step, but wouldn't recognition by those ab of an antigen loaded on an MHC be the golden response we are looking for?

Neutralization> opsonization> complement system activation?
I'm not an immunologist, but I think the answer might be "we don't quite know". They certainly have viral neutralization assays and plaque assays to determine if the response is effective in vitro, but I guess it doesn't always hold in vivo. I think your process is correct there for activation of the innate immune system.

Antibodies are the hot topic, but we know a large part of the immune response is the adaptive (T cell) response. I have not yet read the study, so I can't comment on it, but I will. Hopefully it also induces a strong T cell response, especially if the antibodies don't hang around long. I guess there is hope that the vaccine-induced antibodies to the spike stay around longer because the vaccine doesn't include all the components of the real virus which may be compromising the immune response due to a "feature" of the virus.

The worry is that there are scattered reports of people that had measurable levels of serum antibodies at one point being reinfected. Whether this is reinfection or recrudescence is important. If it's reinfection, it may not bode well for the vaccines.
Appreciate 2
minn197050.50