BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-14-2024, 06:02 PM   #1
teatime
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Should I get this Used 2012 135i?

I'm looking for some advice on whether I should buy this car or not, and wondering if you all notice any red flags I should be aware of. This will be my first time purchasing a used car by myself.

Here is the listing of the car on the dealer's website: https://www.maximumautooutlet.com/us...0111/vd/463117

Here is the CARFAX report: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/WBAUN7C51CVM26464

I stopped by the dealership today to take a first glance at it. Here are some things I noticed (Photos attached to post):

The leather interior door panels are loose and unstitched at the bottom. This is the case all throughout the car (drivers side, passenger side, back right and back left). My first thought is that since it's a cabriolet, maybe the top was down and rain got inside the car. I am not sure what the repair costs would be for this, and repair would be needed for all 4 sections.

There is an aftermarket pipe connecting to the engine from Evolution Racewerks. I'm not exactly sure what kind of pipe this is and whether I should be concerned about it.

I plan on taking the vehicle for a test drive to a nearby shop to perform a pre-purchase inspection tomorrow.

Overall, I think the car is in pretty good shape for 69k miles. Recent maintenance at 62k miles are:
-Oil and filter changed
-Oil cooler seal(s) replaced
-Air filter replaced
-Spark plug(s) replaced
-Front brake pads replaced
-Brake pads replaced
-Brake fluid flushed/changed
-Front brake rotor(s) replaced
-Oil filter adapter seal replaced
-Four wheel alignment performed

And at 65k miles the car got new tires.

The dealership has some decent reviews on Google, but on Yelp they are almost all negative. Lots of people complaining about their cars breaking down weeks after purchasing.

What do you all think? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 06:54 PM   #2
Houranimd49
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xDrive, F25 xDrive35i

Garage List
This is a little subjective. I look at maintenance history and if there were any accidents. If those check out fine, then anything minor cosmetic I know I can change out. But I do the work myself so the cost of having someone else do it isn’t a concern to me. You will have to weigh that out yourself if it’s with dealing with.

That pipe appears to be a charge pipe. I could be wrong. One of the few good mods that you likely would have done anyways.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 01:59 AM   #3
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Its nice but not at that price. There are newer cars for that that price like a 2 series or something similar. Just saying 🤔😂
Appreciate 0