BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
guitarguylp
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Performance

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Helix 8" shallow sub...

Anyone try these under the seat??

http://www.helixhifi.com/products/pr...item_id=142203

This is the reply I got from their tech support
"The E8W would work great in that application. We’ve had several dealers use them and the customers were very happy with the results. They also use them quite a lot in Europe for that as well. As far as the high crossover, it will do it certainly. You may still have some of the extremely low vocals present through them but, given their location, they should blend nicely with the 4" components"

I am just trying to find someone with first hand experience with these speakers. And if possible I would like to know how they compare to the Jehnert XE200.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

probably not.
the reason the SWS work is because they have the same hexagon face, and have no front spacing.
the other issue is having then hit the seat rail.
me and a buddy did a SWS install this past weekend, and i have got to say they work great.
the real restriction in sound quality is the size of the under seat housings, and with a 150 watt per channel amp, we were able to overpower them
it sounds great in the car but the sideskirts rattle when outside
Appreciate 0