BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
tommyboyfl
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Titanium Silver

realOEM part numbers with "#" versions

What does it mean when one part in a realOEM diagram has several line items corresponding to it, numbered "0", "1", "2", etc., each with a different part #? My current example is the valvetronic (intake side) intermediate lever on the N52 - there are 5 different part #'s listed for it on the N52 Valve Timing Gear diagram.

Based on plugging in these part #'s on some different parts websites, it seems they are different versions of the same part. Are they fully interchangeable? Are they considered equivalent, or is one version known to be 'better' than another? Are later versions 'improvements' or 'cost cutting measures'?

From pictures I have seen on the net, the ones in my engine look like the "2" version (11377628305), but among my spare parts I have another set, which look like they might be the "1" version (11377628304). Critical dimensions appear identical, but manufacturing process is obviously different.
Appreciate 0