BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
Mineral///M4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW ///M4 Coupe

Agency Power exhaust tips

When I got my AP cat back I painted the tips black w/ spray paint. The paint has been on there for about 1yr. I want to remove the paint so it will show the burnt tips. Please advise the easiest or best way to remove the paint so I can see the burnt tips? I only sprayed 1 coat of black paint.

Does anyone recommend adding the mid pipes? Not so much concerned if any HP or Tq gains. Hoping for the exhaust sound to change.

Thanks,
b
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
Raziel1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i '11

It's hard to say if they will ever come back to the titanium look. If you sand them down they will go to a stainless steel look. What you could do is sand them down, polish them, then hit them with a protane torch to bring that bluish color back. I did this recently but was disappointed with how they came out. I couldn't get them back o that cool looking factory finish. Lack of experience perhaps. Google the process for burnt tips.

I wish I could just buy new tips...

Good luck.
Appreciate 0