BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Bimmer13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Fields BMW in Orlando HAS the WORSE Servie

So even though my car is under warranty AND they recalled my car they "can't" give me a loaner because I didn't BUY the car there? REALLY?
So if you buy a BMW today in another dealer and happen to move or just be closer to Fields BMW in Orlando and need work done that requires you to have a loaner you're S.O.L

The kicker? The 1st time I called they asked for my VIN to see if I could have a loaner. They told me YES I'm "eligible" for a loaner but it would be 4 weeks before I can bring my car in. I made the appmt. A day later they called and told me that "since I didn't buy my car there I couldn't get a loaner for the recall work that my car needs". They refuse to budge and offered a "shuttle" in which still I'd be without a car for most of the day.

But hey FIELDS is the only local dealer so they know they got us over a barrel.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
Xios135
First Lieutenant
Bouvet Island
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB CLA Edition 1

Garage List
I have two dealers within 20min of me but I drive 50min to a dealer that treats me right.
      04-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

I deal with them too. I agree that they are a bit lacking in the smoothness area. I have been wishing for years that BMW would allow some competition here since they have the entire central to east coast corridor monopolized. There are 2 Fields BMW dealers within 30 minutes of me, one is 45 mins and another is like an hour. I tried to go to Tampa once but they seem to want too much money for thier cars. So i havent been there for service. I also know of another person who had her car stolen after she dropped it off for service in the WP location. She came back a few hours later to pick up her car and they told her that she already did. Of course the cops were called on that one. I never did find out what happened in the long run on that issue. I am always concerned when i deal with them. I heard that the closest location that actually treats you that way you deserve is like in West Palm Beach. Of course I am not driving there just for service. I hope this works out for you.
      04-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
Bimmer13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Thanks. Yeah West Palm is a bit of a drive from Orlando. Fields is just very arrogant and don't seem to want to please the customer. They clearly don't have their stuff together. I'll play the game and get my RECALL done there and RENT MY OWN CAR but I'll be damn if I return there for anything. Seems so simple to just give me the loaner and be done with it. But no. Since I didn't buy an over priced car from their dealership no loaner for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
Mr.E92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i E92

Garage List
2012 328i Coupe  [0.00]
I refuse to get my car serviced from Fields South Orlando.

The last 4 1/2 years I've been dealing with Fields Winter Park, They are much more friendly and Professional.

I have had nothing but good experiences with them, if you can I would give Fields winter Park a shot.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
AKopp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xios135 View Post
I have two dealers within 20min of me but I drive 50min to a dealer that treats me right.
Do you take it to BMW of Reading? The service there is stellar, fast and over all it's always a pleasure going there.
2009 135i - SG/Coral - 19" Alufelgen SF-71 - ST Coilovers - Cobb Stage 2+ - AR Downpipes - Berk Sport Exhaust - Active Autowerke Charge Pipe - AMS FMIC - AFE DCI - LUX V3 Angel Eyes - LCI Blacklines - Active Autowerke Strut Tower Brace - BMW Performance CF Spoiler - Kerscher Carbon Splitter - Scopian CF Diffuser - MusicarNW Level 2
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
Xios135
First Lieutenant
Bouvet Island
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB CLA Edition 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKopp View Post
Do you take it to BMW of Reading? The service there is stellar, fast and over all it's always a pleasure going there.
I actually go to Thompson, instead of Mt. Laurel or Ft. Washington.
      04-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer13 View Post
Thanks. Yeah West Palm is a bit of a drive from Orlando. Fields is just very arrogant and don't seem to want to please the customer. They clearly don't have their stuff together. I'll play the game and get my RECALL done there and RENT MY OWN CAR but I'll be damn if I return there for anything. Seems so simple to just give me the loaner and be done with it. But no. Since I didn't buy an over priced car from their dealership no loaner for me.
The dealership in WPB is Braman. I have never dealt with the WPB service department, but their parts department has always been helpful. I would steer clear of Braman's Jupiter service department. I have had an issue every time I've taken my car there. My friend takes his car to Coggin in Ft. Pierce and they seem to treat him right.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
Bob Z.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i Vert

Fields in Daytona seems like a good plae but they are not close to Orlando...Fields Winter Park is pretty good as well.
Appreciate 0