BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
Ajumepke
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Is there a way to reset...

Is there a way to reset the MPG meter (on the dash) as well as Ave MPH meter like the way you can reset the Trip Meter?

I know on the IDrive you can calculate the info PER trip - but I kind of want to be able to gauge MPG/MPH per tank fill up. (and not per trip)

Obviously I can gauge MPG from Miles Drive/Gallon filled from the gas pump - I just wanted to know if there was a way to have the Dash computer reset it everytime I fill up. I've tried holding down the reset needle but that doesn't seem to work.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

I don't know how to do it with Idrive, but on the other cars you reset it with the turn signal stalk, by holding the middle button down for a couple of seconds. You can also reset it through the stereo on non-iDrive cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
touareg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Press the "BC" button on the turn-signal stalk repeatedly to bring up whatever it is (average MPG, average speed, etc.) you want to reset, then hold down the BC button for 2-3 seconds...this will reset it
      08-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
runNgun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajumepke View Post
Is there a way to reset the MPG meter (on the dash) as well as Ave MPH meter like the way you can reset the Trip Meter?

I know on the IDrive you can calculate the info PER trip - but I kind of want to be able to gauge MPG/MPH per tank fill up. (and not per trip)

Obviously I can gauge MPG from Miles Drive/Gallon filled from the gas pump - I just wanted to know if there was a way to have the Dash computer reset it everytime I fill up. I've tried holding down the reset needle but that doesn't seem to work.
From the Car Data screen of your iDrive, scroll down to MPG and push down on knob. It will reset to 0. I do this whenever I fill up the tank to get my average MPG for the new tank. As some else posted, push the button on the turn signal stalk to select the average MPG for display in your instrument cluster.
Appreciate 0