BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
jayjayrs
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D

Bluetooth Retrofit - Problem version of MULF2

Hello,

I'm french and I've read tonns of posts on french forums concerning Bluetooth retrofitting in BMW cars.
ANd still, I don't have any answer to my f**** issue.
So I'm posting here on your beautiful us Forum , hoping that someone could help me...

Here's the story:
As soon as I got my Europe BMW E87 118d of July 2007, I've wanted to retrofit bluetooth. I have sat nav pro, no SA6FL, no SA620 and no SA640 (but I have the FZD).
So I only had to buy the BMW Bluetooth retrofit set (bluetooth cables + mic + antenna) and the MULF2 (I insist I don't have the USB cables). I bought the set (new at BMW) and the MULF2 HIGH (used on ebay).
After everything was well installed, my local BMW dealer tried to programm the car but he didn't manage because apparently the computer asked to "change" the MULF2... (?!)
He told me he couldn't do anything else, and then he told me I had to buy a new MULF2 at BMW.

But as I can see through lots of forum, used MULF2 are OK.
So as I barely trust my local dealer, I'd like your opinions, especially on the kind of MULF2 I need, considering my car and options.
Is this normal he could't program my car with the MULF2 HIGH?
Do I need a MULF2 non-HIGH?
Is a used MULF2 OK? Do I have to reset it? Can a dealer do it?

Thanks for your answers.
Jerome
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #2
jayjayrs
Rep

Also, I've read that there might be some problems for the dealer to code second hand mulf?
Is that true? Do I have to buy a new one at BMW?

Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 05:45 AM   #3
jayjayrs
Rep

Hello,

So I'm giving some GOOD news about my issue!!
I finally changed the MULF2 HIGH for a MULF2 LOW, and...
IT WORKED!!!!
Actually bluetooth worked without any coding (obviously it was allready coded onto a previous car...)

So

PS: Voice control doesn't work but... So I have to see if these MULF2 LOW can give voice control or not. If yes, maybe I'll have the car to get coded for SA620...
Appreciate 0