BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
laingmui
Private
Rep
Drives:

Thinking of selling my 128i

So I am thinking about selling my 08 128i. I just don't know how much to sell it for.
The Specs are:

Metallic Blue Water
Sport Package
Comfort Package
Premium Package
USB Intergration

It has almost 18,000km on it.

I love my car and will hate to see it go but its just not practical for me anymore

Any ideas as to how much I should sell it for?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

$35k
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
laingmui
Private
Rep
Drives:

ouch!!
I paid $47,500 all in
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ya but you when you sell it you can't include tax.. so take your 47.5k minus the tax on it then it won't look so much of a difference though I know what you mean it sucks..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
laingmui
Private
Rep
Drives:

yeah with the freight and GST thats about 4K and I'm assuming that i would get nothing for the Protection Package that I have, which is 3M, enclosed bottom and I beleive a 6 year warrenty on the paint and seats.

Still....... OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I'm better off just keeping the car then.......
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by laingmui View Post
ouch!!
I paid $47,500 all in
Dang you paid almost as much as I did for a 135.

Are you buying another car? If so when you find a buyer make sure you do a convenience trade through the dealer to save tax on the next car.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #7
laingmui
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Dang you paid almost as much as I did for a 135.

Are you buying another car? If so when you find a buyer make sure you do a convenience trade through the dealer to save tax on the next car.
I had thought about getting a 135 but a base 135 cost the same as my 128i with the packages.. thats what I thought anyways

I am thinking about getting a used car of some sort, reason being is because i just got a new puppy and his kennel is too big for the back seat, too high to fit in the trunk with the seat folded down, and its a tight tight fit to have it on the front passanger seat. Currently I have him leashed to the back with my seats folded down, but his hair is making a mess out of my car. I would feel so much better to have him mess up a 20k car then have him mess up a 50k car.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 323i

where are you located?
if in Vancouver, we can discuss
323i, Arctic metallic , Cream beige leatherette interior , Titanium matt trim , Premium , Auto , 18" style 189 sport wheels , 335i bumper + kidney grills, CF pillars, Chrome window trim package , LCI halogen.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
laingmui
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchan View Post
where are you located?
if in Vancouver, we can discuss
Located in Calgary... but a Vancouver trip is planned for July
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
tttyler
Rep
Drives: K5 GSX-r750

Well if you're interested in an 02 RSX, perhaps we could work something out. I'm looking to upgrade to 128 or 135, but i need to get rid of the rsx first.
I'm in vancouver aswell..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Located in Calgary... but a Vancouver trip is planned for July
will you drive your 128i to Vanc?
is it a coupe or vert?
can you give more details, interior color?
323i, Arctic metallic , Cream beige leatherette interior , Titanium matt trim , Premium , Auto , 18" style 189 sport wheels , 335i bumper + kidney grills, CF pillars, Chrome window trim package , LCI halogen.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
laingmui
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchan View Post
will you drive your 128i to Vanc?
is it a coupe or vert?
can you give more details, interior color?
Its a coupe.
Manual
interior is black letherette with black trim
I have lifetime guarantee on Fabric,Vinyl, Paint
and 6 year guarantee of Tree Sap, Bird Poop, Rust and Rip/Tear/Burn on my seats from any cause
other than that the car is in perfect condition.
I have a set of Winter Tires as well that I purchased at BMW
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
alanchan
Major
Canada
Rep

thanks
you can count me out because I am looking for Automatic
maybe the other guy with the Acura is interested.
thanks anyway
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
I had thought about getting a 135 but a base 135 cost the same as my 128i with the packages.. thats what I thought anyways

I am thinking about getting a used car of some sort, reason being is because i just got a new puppy and his kennel is too big for the back seat, too high to fit in the trunk with the seat folded down, and its a tight tight fit to have it on the front passanger seat. Currently I have him leashed to the back with my seats folded down, but his hair is making a mess out of my car. I would feel so much better to have him mess up a 20k car then have him mess up a 50k car.
What?? You're going to sell your car for a dog? I hope that dog does 0-60 in 6.4 or handles like its on rails cause there's just no comparison. Plus since you already own the car and you're going to take a $10k hit on it who cares if he messes your seats up? Drape them in something that will protect them, or buy a $20 dirt devil portable vacuum from Canadian Tire. There has to be more than this story, you aren't being creative enough in getting around what seems to me like a very simple problem...unless you bought a Great Dane puppy, in which case ignore everything I just said and buy yourself a used Rav-4 .
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
Onlooker
Canada
Rep
Drives: Nil

Quote:
+1

Have you checked the 1 Series accessories section on the BMW Canada web site? Surely among the hundreds of products listed there is a BMW-certified dog, a short-haired daschund perhaps or a dwarf doberman pinscher. I bet they even come with roundel tattoos and run-flat paws.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #16
jotapeh
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona Red 128i

Garage List
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlooker View Post
Have you checked the 1 Series accessories section on the BMW Canada web site? Surely among the hundreds of products listed there is a BMW-certified dog, a short-haired daschund perhaps or a dwarf doberman pinscher. I bet they even come with roundel tattoos and run-flat paws.

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #17
laingmui
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
What?? You're going to sell your car for a dog? I hope that dog does 0-60 in 6.4 or handles like its on rails cause there's just no comparison. Plus since you already own the car and you're going to take a $10k hit on it who cares if he messes your seats up? Drape them in something that will protect them, or buy a $20 dirt devil portable vacuum from Canadian Tire. There has to be more than this story, you aren't being creative enough in getting around what seems to me like a very simple problem...unless you bought a Great Dane puppy, in which case ignore everything I just said and buy yourself a used Rav-4 .
Why would I have to come up with a creative excuse to try and sell my car?
I don't know if you have every owned a short haired dog before, but once that hair gets imbedded into the carpet there's no getting it out. A $20 Dirt Devil will not do the trick.
I hate getting into my car and seeing a layer of dust and hair on my dash, or when I open up my windows to have a tornado of hair flying around in the car.
All I'm saying is that I don't think that it is practical to have a dog sitting in the back of a 50K car making a mess out of it. It doesn't matter how much I detail it... that next time he gets into the car, it turns into a mess again.

I don't know... I know that you think its weird that I'm selling my car because of my dog but regardless to me its just not practical to be financing a 50k car that is getting scratched and messed up
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #18
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hey don't make fun of dog owners.. some will die for those things lol.. and guess what the dog would die for them too.. I personally dont have a dog but I understand as I have friends that do... but at that much of a loss I dunno if its worth it.. its better to buy a dyson vaccum or get the car detailed.. just a suggestion..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #19
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Why would I have to come up with a creative excuse to try and sell my car?
No, I meant I thought you weren't being creative enough in solving what seemed like a simple problem. But actually I'm the one who should be sorry; you don't need to justify selling or keeping your car to me or anyone. Wasn't trying to be mean, just want you to keep the car so I can live vicariously through you

Quote:
I don't know... I know that you think its weird that I'm selling my car because of my dog but regardless to me its just not practical to be financing a 50k car that is getting scratched and messed up
I don't think it's weird. I'm actually in the opposite situation: I have an older dog right now so I know the kind of joy a pet can bring to your life, one that no machine could ever replace. But for me though arranging my life around the dog has become tiresome. When he is gone I will miss him but I will also get a nice car and not worry him messing it up, or whether or not I'm coming home late for work and he hasn't been fed, let out to go to the bathroom, walked, etc. But that's a whole 'nother issue.

BTW I don't know if it compares or not but he sheds like crazy, scratches my seats and drools all over my windows. He is an American Eskimo and has fairly long white hair that really goes against my dark grey interior. I just cover the back seats up, use the home's central vac to clean the hair up and wipe the windows with a special cleaning foam. As for the smell I was using febreeze but I'm sure there is something better. Not sure what to do for Leatherette but I would think the smell shouldn't stick around as much. He is rarely in my car though so I don't think I'd like to do that too often...if you want to sell your 1er to get a car that better suits you then maybe that is the right decision for you and your dog. As for the smell I have c

If it's for sale can we see pics? Its nicely optioned! I assume manual?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #20
laingmui
Private
Rep
Drives:

I haven't quite decided if I am going to sell it or not, if I can get more than 35k then i will but 12k loss in less than a year is a little too much for me to swollow:

Pics:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214581

Just a thought.... since there aren't many used 1ers for sales in Alberta... wouldn't I have a greater chance of selling it for more than 35K?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #21
ndlesswaltz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i

I think the reason why people are not willing to pay much is the dealers are selling their demo so cheap.
Surprisingly there are 3 or 4 of '08 demo left in Calgary area and unfortunately your price has to be competitive to them since they have less km on.

Depends on the condition of your car, I think you may get more than 35K, because you have pretty good options on you 1er.

I personally value the used car with one owner than the demo, but your car has the option that I don't really like.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #22
laingmui
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlesswaltz View Post
I think the reason why people are not willing to pay much is the dealers are selling their demo so cheap.
Surprisingly there are 3 or 4 of '08 demo left in Calgary area and unfortunately your price has to be competitive to them since they have less km on.

Depends on the condition of your car, I think you may get more than 35K, because you have pretty good options on you 1er.

I personally value the used car with one owner than the demo, but your car has the option that I don't really like.

Good luck!
Just out of courisity, what options are on the demo cars in Calgary? And how much are those going for?
I can understand why you prefer a used car with one owner rather than a demo because chances are all the demo's have been bagged to sh!t.
Appreciate 0