BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-02-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Looking for help locally in doing a brake master cylinder install

Hi fellow NE folks,

I’m looking to change my 128i’s Brake MC to an M3 master cylinder. This is because I’m also doing an F30 front caliper upgrade. The MC job I am not well versed at to be honest and don’t really want to mess it up. The calipers I can probably do myself. I was wondering if someone local can assist me in doing this in a day. I can drive to you (I’m in Central MA) and we can probably so this in a day. I’d rather learn to do so than pay as I’m assuming this is at least a $1000 job elsewhere. I don’t want to spend that but also want to figure out how things work from the MC and up. Also i have no decent garage (just a car storage unit basically in my complex) as I live in an apartment so that’s another problem for me although I’ve done a lot of jobs on this car without one.

Anyways thank you for looking and hope i can find someone who can help. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 03:24 PM   #2
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

If you get no bites here, consider talking with President of either Boston or Connecticut Valley Chapter of BMWCCA. Obviously you should want to join BMWCCA but that's money very well spent.
Appreciate 0