BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
bimmerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

FYI- Do Not Buy From Riss Racing!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329131

Found this on e90post, just making sure the fellow 1addicts are aware of the situation. Riss Racing is going under, read the statement from the old co-owner:
Quote:
To the community,

This is Anthony Co-Owner of Riss Racing Inc. I would first like to explain the situation and what has transpired over that last two weeks. Adam came to me and explain how he would like to transfer his part of the company over to me and go his separate way. To start his own business. This was agreed, and I decided to re invent the company by cleaning up the issues at hand. I was going to take on an investor and salvage the situation we were in. All of our products had fitment issues/drone issues that needed to be fixed and they have not been fixed. Adam stated he would stay on with the company through the end of the year. During this time he continued to undermined what I was trying to do. Steer quality employees in the wrong direction, and basically set me up to fail. Since I did not have full control yet I waited to see what he would do. His plans did not work out and due to his personal finical troubles I assume he figured his only way out was through Riss. He then returned to the company saying he wanted to take it over etc.... I was not willing to sign my end of the company over to him due to the fact I do not think he would be able to preform the job at hand. He has zero fabrication background, zero automotive background, and no ability to sustain the business by himself. He then locked me out of access to all order through google, paypal, authorize, and shipping. He also locked me out of all my forum names + personal email to avoid me informing you all like I am now. All of these were in his name. I had no choice but to sit back and I have done so since then. He then issued an email to our vendors stating I left this company which is not true. I am not willing to work along side somebody that is self destructing, and with that fact myself, Daniel, and Tony have not been to work since the shop is in his name. I understand this is not a PC smoke screen response you would all be used too from the owner of a company. However I feel the truth to the community is necessary. I know there are many outstanding orders that need to be fulfilled, and I want to let you all know I have no control of that. You will need to contact adam@rissracing.com. The fact of the matter is myself, Daniel the lead tech, and Tony the lead fabricator have no access. With this said there is no way to build products. All produts that are manufactured in China downpipes, exhausts, catch cans, catted downpipes. Most are not paid, and have no way of being shipped out. I strongly urge you to request refunds or cancel your orders while this situation is being resolved. I do not feel right leaving you guys in limbo as we settle the issues at hand. I do not know if Adam plans to ship these too you or what he is doing. He is right now a one man operation that was already to much work for us 4. In regards to anybody the MINI 02 SIM the programmer is moving to Oregon and it is not possible to finish this product. The MINI BOV does not function properly as well while I was there we still did not have that issue sorted out. If you ordered catted downpipes they are not even in production yet. I do not feel comfortable knowing that my name is attached to something I have no control of. So I feel the best thing I can do for the community is tell you the full situation. I feel that somebody that is willing to do this to his close friend/business partner, and employees that have been loyal to us for 3 years + I have no idea what he would be willing to do to our customers. I am very upset that things turned out this way. I have made many relationships with people in this community and I still value them. I highly suggest you no longer do business with Riss Racing Inc. I feel the company is heading in a direction of disaster. I thank you all for your support, and wish you all a happy holiday season.
      12-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz5150 View Post
+1

damn cuhhh you are late to the game!!!

do your research and search the forums

riss racing has been crap, and always will. do some searching about fitment and quality

avoid like you should with 360forged
      12-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Those guys fucked up my order of Ram air scoops. Two freakin' pieces of metal and 4 screws. How can you fuck that up?

They gave me the wrong size screws, and my order was several weeks late. They're a bunch of clowns. Repost, sure, but I'd rather have a post a day warning people about Riss than have anyone else fall victim to their shenanigans...

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Those guys fucked up my order of Ram air scoops. Two freakin' pieces of metal and 4 screws. How can you fuck that up?

They gave me the wrong size screws, and my order was several weeks late. They're a bunch of clowns. Repost, sure, but I'd rather have a post a day warning people about Riss than have anyone else fall victim to their shenanigans...
that they charge like $140 for....correct me if i am wrong
      12-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #6
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

hey guys, did you hear that someone crashed a bugatti into a lake?!?!?!?!?!?
      12-20-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
hockeymutt
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i silver,prem/sport package

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
hahaha
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 03:34 AM   #8
mshahidz
Major
Rep
Drives: M4, 991 GT3

how come he got banned?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadz View Post
how come he got banned?
makes you wonder what is true and what is not...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
^I know these forums have reported shoddy performance/service from Riss Racing. I personally cannot comment since I've never dealt with them personally. I have heard a few members speaking well of Riss however.

I was wondering why he was banned as well. In any case, best of luck to everyone with their online transactions, and any mod they do to their car.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #11
AlBel1214
Major
Rep
Drives: past 135i, now c6, future M3??

I remember about a year ago I bought the plenum, intake and scoops.. Everything fit fine but it took foreverrrr to get the items...

-----LS3 C6-----
z51 suspension, NPP dual mode exhaust(wild2mild),20% tint, zr1 replica wheels, gloss black fender stripes
R.I.P SGM 135i w/ some mods
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 07:41 AM   #12
gnpower
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M Sport 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
A salt water lake.
      12-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #13
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

He was probably banned for making those posts without anything to back them up. Keep in mind that Anthony and Daniel both lied repeatedly about the quality of their products and are only now acknowledging the problems. When I had my problems with the downpipes they insisted, and were absolute in this, that they had total control over the manufacturing and there could not be a problem with them. And now I've seen a post elsewhere by someone that spoke to Daniel and he stated my problem with the O2 bung holes was routine with their Chinese manufacturer. Adam was barely involved with my problems.

If all these guys stay out of the industry we'll all be better off.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #14
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
^I know these forums have reported shoddy performance/service from Riss Racing. I personally cannot comment since I've never dealt with them personally. I have heard a few members speaking well of Riss however.

I was wondering why he was banned as well. In any case, best of luck to everyone with their online transactions, and any mod they do to their car.
Yah.. I have quite a few products from them.. and did have some issues but they've been running fine for a while.. oh well's what can you do.. if it is true they screwed up a good thing.. if not, well not they are screwed from all these posts.. either way.. lose, lose situation for them...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #15
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

Yeah, its really is a shame they sucked so much. I have the RR exhaust on my car and honestly love how it sounds. But like I have said a hundred times. If I didnt have someone install it for me and do a little tweaking. I would have thrown that thing right back in the box and sent it back for fitment issues.
Appreciate 0