BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #529
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Do we get the rigid IC pipes in US kits? Or just the extra radiator and bigger fan?
No idea, but I also had a new Charge pipe with a rigid coupling to replace the soft rubber one at the FMIC end.
      03-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #530
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-135i View Post
No idea, but I also had a new Charge pipe with a rigid coupling to replace the soft rubber one at the FMIC end.
Hey, if you are based in England, that would mean our cars are both Euro spec. I am having my PPK installed and should be able to pick it up tmr. I read that you also have Forged FMIC installed. That happens to be the next performance mod i have in mind. Have u been able to verify any gains from the FMIC? How is the fitment?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #531
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
Hey, if you are based in England, that would mean our cars are both Euro spec. I am having my PPK installed and should be able to pick it up tmr. I read that you also have Forged FMIC installed. That happens to be the next performance mod i have in mind. Have u been able to verify any gains from the FMIC? How is the fitment?

I had a before and after Dyno done the day the Forge FMIC was fitted.
Without the BMW upgrade I got 12BHP and 13.75 Ft lbs
      03-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #532
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Do we get the rigid IC pipes in US kits? Or just the extra radiator and bigger fan?
The installation instructions state the following that implies no rigid IC pipes are in the kit. From the instructions:

Specifically, the following components have been modified and/or retrofitted:
1. Additional radiator with holder
2. Air guides on additional radiator
3. Cooling water supply hose
4. Cooling water return hose
5. Electric fan
6. Fan relay with holder
7. Electric fan wiring harness with 125 A fuse
8. Spark plugs
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #533
bradford
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
The installation instructions state the following that implies no rigid IC pipes are in the kit. From the instructions:

Specifically, the following components have been modified and/or retrofitted:
1. Additional radiator with holder
2. Air guides on additional radiator
3. Cooling water supply hose
4. Cooling water return hose
5. Electric fan
6. Fan relay with holder
7. Electric fan wiring harness with 125 A fuse
8. Spark plugs

Interesting. Anyone got the specs on these? I wonder if they're running a cooler plug?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #534
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradford View Post
Interesting. Anyone got the specs on these? I wonder if they're running a cooler plug?
not sure. but the instructions say this:

Spark plugs (only for automobiles built before 3/09 or with more than 60,000 km / 45,000 miles on the clock)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #535
bradford
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post

Spark plugs (only for automobiles built before 3/09 or with more than 60,000 km / 45,000 miles on the clock)
OK, so it's just a regular plug replacement then.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #536
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-135i View Post
I had a before and after Dyno done the day the Forge FMIC was fitted.
Without the BMW upgrade I got 12BHP and 13.75 Ft lbs
I got back my car fitted with the PPK. My service advisor warned me that the car is very torquey. When i drove the car out of the service center, i was surprised by how much torque is available when moving off from idle. Seems like they have indeed sharpened up the throttle response tremendously! I have yet to give it WOT due to traffic consideration, but will give it a proper shake down later. So far, the improved response alone is worth the money in my book Will be ordering the FMIC soon...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #537
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I got back my car fitted with the PPK. My service advisor warned me that the car is very torquey. When i drove the car out of the service center, i was surprised by how much torque is available when moving off from idle. Seems like they have indeed sharpened up the throttle response tremendously! I have yet to give it WOT due to traffic consideration, but will give it a proper shake down later. So far, the improved response alone is worth the money in my book Will be ordering the FMIC soon...
Do you have a manual or automatic?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #538
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Does everyone that has a stock auto 135 feel that the 1st gear take-off is a little sluggish in D mode? Im pretty sure that that is a part of the gas-saving features of the regular Driving mode of this auto tranny, hence also when your at a stop and switch over to manual and it automatically starts you at 2nd gear.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #539
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Do you have a manual or automatic?
Automatic.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #540
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Does everyone that has a stock auto 135 feel that the 1st gear take-off is a little sluggish in D mode? Im pretty sure that that is a part of the gas-saving features of the regular Driving mode of this auto tranny, hence also when your at a stop and switch over to manual and it automatically starts you at 2nd gear.
I don't think the auto tranny ever launches in 1st gear unless you put it in manual mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #541
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Ok, again a lil off topic. WHERE can i find aluminum pedals for my 10' 135 that FIT??
I just tried these //M aluminum pedals I got from someone on here, thinkin that each pedal have a rubber cover that pulled off n then the bare pedal underneath would have drill holes to match the alum. pedals...well no such luck, the brake pedal is solid steel under the rubber cover, and the accel pedal doesnt even have a cover, just a one-piece rubber pedal. Im sure as hell not drilling holes to match these pedals into the solid pedals I have now, so are there any alum. pedals anyone sells that either slip over these or stick..i dunno.

Kinda ticked cuz i was thinkin since I got the m sport package n all, that the car would come with all alum pedals, whereas I got just a half alum. dead pedal, thats it

Sucks cuz i was REALLY lookin forward to gettin these installed..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #542
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Ok, again a lil off topic. WHERE can i find aluminum pedals for my 10' 135 that FIT??
I just tried these //M aluminum pedals I got from someone on here, thinkin that each pedal have a rubber cover that pulled off n then the bare pedal underneath would have drill holes to match the alum. pedals...well no such luck, the brake pedal is solid steel under the rubber cover, and the accel pedal doesnt even have a cover, just a one-piece rubber pedal. Im sure as hell not drilling holes to match these pedals into the solid pedals I have now, so are there any alum. pedals anyone sells that either slip over these or stick..i dunno.

Kinda ticked cuz i was thinkin since I got the m sport package n all, that the car would come with all alum pedals, whereas I got just a half alum. dead pedal, thats it

Sucks cuz i was REALLY lookin forward to gettin these installed..
+ 1

I bought some off ebay, pretty sure they are the same but I'm not very impressed with the quality. Also, I didn't know the brake pedal was solid metal!! No luck drilling through it, not really keen to either
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #543
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
+ 1

I bought some off ebay, pretty sure they are the same but I'm not very impressed with the quality. Also, I didn't know the brake pedal was solid metal!! No luck drilling through it, not really keen to either
Does the accel pedal u bought have drill holes as well?

I just dont wanna hafta DRILL thru anything down there. The only way I could see it happening would be if someone manufactured THIN rubber covers for the pedals that had drill holes on the outter corners going just past the actual pedal, so once put on, a set of aftermarket pedals could then be drilled on and stay put without having to actually drill THRU the stock pedals...anyone??

And has anyone found a way to remove the accel pedal or find out if the accel pedal actually has a cover too? Cuz i know it doesnt have the same kind as the brake pedal does
Appreciate 0