BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
YearONE1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

EFX Customer Service...or lack there of.

Approximately two weeks ago, I ordered a set of EFX LED upgrades for my car. When I received them, I got the incorrect bulbs, a set for the E87 which is no-where near the H8 bulb required on my E82, which the ad stated was for "BMW H8 LED ANGEL EYE 2008 2009 2DR COUPE E82 128I 135I".

I contacted EFX and they said send them back. They would not pay for the shipping back, and they stated they would not doing anything until they get their original product back.

I sent the 'wrong' product back to them on wednesday of last week, with an expected delivery time of Saturday or Monday (today) and was told I would be contacted when they arrived back at EFX. I called to check status today, spoke to a female on the phone, who simply stated "they must be in the PO BOX right now" and that she would contact me when she went and got them. I can only guess when that will be.

I then kindly asked her, since EFX is running a $20 off sale right now, and I still have NOT received my order, and have not even had a correct order shipped to me, can I price match the sale. She quickly stated "I have to talk to my supervisor." I heard her then ask a subject in the background if my sale could get price matched, without even an explanation of the struggle I have already gone through. The subject stated I could not, and she relayed that information to me without any sort of simpathy for the situation I am in, which was caused by them in the first place.

Here is my conversation so far through eBay messages, these are direct copy and paste quotes:

Me- Hello. The angel eyes I recieved are not for the BMW 135i, and are not H8 replacements. They are much bigger, and come no where near fitting the H8 stock size. Now I am left without Angel Eyes in my car, as I already discarded the stock bulbs. How can this be fixed? Can you overnite me the correct bulbs and I will send these back? Please let me know ASAP.

My 2nd email- After much consideration and the headache this is causing me, I would like a refund. I didn't even get the right part, and asfter seeking help on the web forums, I have found nothing but more problems from other people having issues with this product. Please give me an address where I can send these back.

EFX-This is a real simple exchange it's not a big deal. We sent you the model for the earlier years E82. The newer ones use the H8, again it's nothing to get a headache over just put the item in the mail with a note and we simply exchange it no big deal. We have sold over 20,000 of these and have beyond a loyal fan base in the BMW community. If you want a refund it will be minus our shipping expense and subject to a 20% restocking fee.

Me- k. Well, now I have to pay to have these shipped back, and
wait for you guys to get them, and then wait again for the new
lights to get shipped out. I just feel like I'm getting the raw
end of the deal here.

EFX- I apologize for the inconvenience, but our return policy states that I cannot send out any item without receiving the return or defective item first. If you have any addtional questions or would like to speak to one of our customer service representatives, please feel free to give us a call at 219-764-3886.

Me- Ok, they are in the mail back to you at the PO Box return address. It cost me $8.45 to ship back. PLEASE, when you get these, can u overnite the new ones back to me. I leave on a cross-country roadtrip on Wednesday the 1st, and I must have my daytime running lights back for this trip. If you guys can manage this, I will be sure to leave positive feed back. Thanks!

EFX-Thank you . Once we receive you return, we will contact you. Thanks.

Notice NONE of the questions regarding the express shipping or even the return address got answered?

I cannot STAND a company that hides behind their return policy even though THEY made the mistake. The only mistake I made here, was sending them my money. EFX has shown ZERO effort to correct their mistake and make a customer happy. I am very unhappy.

Well, I am still waiting to be "contacted" and will update this when I do.

USA '1' #4126 | BSM | Premium Pkg | Sport Pkg | Paddles | Coral Boston Leather | Poplar | Shadow Grille | Shadow Emblem | Breyton GTS-Rs | PDX-5 | GP Thunder 8500k | Eibach Pro-Kit | CF Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YearONE1 View Post
Approximately two weeks ago, I ordered a set of EFX LED upgrades for my car. When I received them, I got the incorrect bulbs, a set for the E87 which is no-where near the H8 bulb required on my E82, which the ad stated was for "BMW H8 LED ANGEL EYE 2008 2009 2DR COUPE E82 128I 135I".

I contacted EFX and they said send them back. They would not pay for the shipping back, and they stated they would not doing anything until they get their original product back.

I sent the 'wrong' product back to them on wednesday of last week, with an expected delivery time of Saturday or Monday (today) and was told I would be contacted when they arrived back at EFX. I called to check status today, spoke to a female on the phone, who simply stated "they must be in the PO BOX right now" and that she would contact me when she went and got them. I can only guess when that will be.

I then kindly asked her, since EFX is running a $20 off sale right now, and I still have NOT received my order, and have not even had a correct order shipped to me, can I price match the sale. She quickly stated "I have to talk to my supervisor." I heard her then ask a subject in the background if my sale could get price matched, without even an explanation of the struggle I have already gone through. The subject stated I could not, and she relayed that information to me without any sort of simpathy for the situation I am in, which was caused by them in the first place.

Here is my conversation so far through eBay messages, these are direct copy and paste quotes:

Me- Hello. The angel eyes I recieved are not for the BMW 135i, and are not H8 replacements. They are much bigger, and come no where near fitting the H8 stock size. Now I am left without Angel Eyes in my car, as I already discarded the stock bulbs. How can this be fixed? Can you overnite me the correct bulbs and I will send these back? Please let me know ASAP.

My 2nd email- After much consideration and the headache this is causing me, I would like a refund. I didn't even get the right part, and asfter seeking help on the web forums, I have found nothing but more problems from other people having issues with this product. Please give me an address where I can send these back.

EFX-This is a real simple exchange it's not a big deal. We sent you the model for the earlier years E82. The newer ones use the H8, again it's nothing to get a headache over just put the item in the mail with a note and we simply exchange it no big deal. We have sold over 20,000 of these and have beyond a loyal fan base in the BMW community. If you want a refund it will be minus our shipping expense and subject to a 20% restocking fee.

Me- k. Well, now I have to pay to have these shipped back, and
wait for you guys to get them, and then wait again for the new
lights to get shipped out. I just feel like I'm getting the raw
end of the deal here.

EFX- I apologize for the inconvenience, but our return policy states that I cannot send out any item without receiving the return or defective item first. If you have any addtional questions or would like to speak to one of our customer service representatives, please feel free to give us a call at 219-764-3886.

Me- Ok, they are in the mail back to you at the PO Box return address. It cost me $8.45 to ship back. PLEASE, when you get these, can u overnite the new ones back to me. I leave on a cross-country roadtrip on Wednesday the 1st, and I must have my daytime running lights back for this trip. If you guys can manage this, I will be sure to leave positive feed back. Thanks!

EFX-Thank you . Once we receive you return, we will contact you. Thanks.

Notice NONE of the questions regarding the express shipping or even the return address got answered?

I cannot STAND a company that hides behind their return policy even though THEY made the mistake. The only mistake I made here, was sending them my money. EFX has shown ZERO effort to correct their mistake and make a customer happy. I am very unhappy.

Well, I am still waiting to be "contacted" and will update this when I do.
Yes, that is similar to my experience with them, they make a mistake and it is now my problem.

At least you received something, I ordered the LED's the beginning of April. They said they were delivered at the end of April but I still have not received anything. They said their responsibility ends and it is now a problem between me and the post office. I told them that since I never received delivery of the item it is still their responsibility to deliver since I still have not received the Led's. They don't even want to run a trace on the package...... to answer your question ... yes this vendor has poor customer service and I would not recommed this vendor.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
YearONE1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135IBMW View Post
Yes, that is similar to my experience with them, they make a mistake and it is now my problem.

At least you received something, I ordered the LED's the beginning of April. They said they were delivered at the end of April but I still have not received anything. They said their responsibility ends and it is now a problem between me and the post office. I told them that since I never received delivery of the item it is still their responsibility to deliver since I still have not received the Led's. They don't even want to run a trace on the package...... to answer your question ... yes this vendor has poor customer service and I would not recommed this vendor.
WOW. That is terrible! I think I will be filing a claim with paypal and eBay and looking to get all my money back.

USA '1' #4126 | BSM | Premium Pkg | Sport Pkg | Paddles | Coral Boston Leather | Poplar | Shadow Grille | Shadow Emblem | Breyton GTS-Rs | PDX-5 | GP Thunder 8500k | Eibach Pro-Kit | CF Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupé

Garage List
go for it, that is a really crappy move on their part. BTW if i already didn't have EFX lights, i wouldn't buy them again. I always have warnings and it will throw codes. Try the RD LEDs.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
YearONE1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin1120 View Post
go for it, that is a really crappy move on their part. BTW if i already didn't have EFX lights, i wouldn't buy them again. I always have warnings and it will throw codes. Try the RD LEDs.
Anyone else use the RD? I suppose I will do a search. For now, I am running GP Thunders from e92 lighting.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
arsenyc
www.BottleneckGallery.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C / F87 M2C

I have EFX, had them in for 2 weeks and one side burnt out. They sent me a replacement after that (just 1 side) installed them and now today I got an error code but then it went away. My honest opinion is that they are not built well, when its hot outside and the engine bay heats up, they start to malfunction. Funny thing is I dont even run them as DRLs and still codes pop up. If one side goes out again, I will just put them up for sale and run my GP thunders until a better solution comes to market. I hate buying parts for expensive cars that don't work properly and give headaches, worst ever
      06-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

The best thing to do is leave negative feed back for this vendor and mention the problems you encountered.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YearONE1 View Post
Anyone else use the RD? I suppose I will do a search. For now, I am running GP Thunders from e92 lighting.
I have had RD's for over 6 months and I had GP thunders for 4 months...

Pm me with any questions...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
penny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i (sold)

Thanks guys. I was really close to making a purchase but after reading all these complaints... no more.
      07-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

I just sent mine back because one side burned out. I sent both sides in and told them over the phone that I was sending both in for replacement. We will see how well it works out when I get them back next week.
      07-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #11
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Well I just got a call from Dawn at EFX stating that I have to pay $15 to have them ship me back a new set of LEDs. WTF is this?!?! This is the second time I have sent them back - the first time was because of missing parts. So I ask her what my warranty actually covers since the product was faulty and she raises her voice at me and proceeds to tell me that I cannot raise my voice and treat her that way. She then tells me that exchanging my bad LEDs is a "courtesy" and threatens to send my bad LEDs back if I do not pay it. Then she wants my credit card number over the phone which I will not do and tell her so. Then she says "you can just send us a money order" to which I suggest hope about them sending a PayPal request since I know they sell products over eBay (which is where I bought them). She refuses this initially but breaks down and asks for my email address. I start to spell it out to her and she gets it wrong so I start calling out the letters in military phonetic alphabet, i.e. a=alpha b=beta... She now thinks I am raising my voice at her again and starts with all the "i don't have to take this" crap. I try to explain what is going on while she continues to run her mouth and she finally gets it when she stops talking and listens to me. So she finally gets my email address right and says I will give this to my eBay department and hangs up.

This company FUCKING BLOWS!!! When I get the new LEDs back I am going to check for the marks I put on the bad set I sent back (to make sure they actually replace them), test them and they are getting sold IMMEDIATELY. I am so tired of companies these days bending you over because you already have money into the issue and cannot back out.

BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

Last edited by MadMan77; 07-02-2009 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Capitalizing Explicetives!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin1120 View Post
RD's are error free
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
RD's are error free
This thread is to discuss issues with EFX and their products/services not to sell your LEDs. Please use the appropriate FS forum.
      07-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #14
YearONE1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Still have NOT heard from EFX. I'm on vacation now in Cali but will be filing a claim upon my return this weekend. My claim will be with paypal, eBay, and the BBB. This is unsatisfactory and after reading these other comments, there seems to be no hope for this company. I hope this thread will help save future enthusiasts from a poor product.

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #15
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
Well I just got a call from Dawn at EFX stating that I have to pay $15 to have them ship me back a new set of LEDs. WTF is this?!?! This is the second time I have sent them back - the first time was because of missing parts. So I ask her what my warranty actually covers since the product was faulty and she raises her voice at me and proceeds to tell me that I cannot raise my voice and treat her that way. She then tells me that exchanging my bad LEDs is a "courtesy" and threatens to send my bad LEDs back if I do not pay it. Then she wants my credit card number over the phone which I will not do and tell her so. Then she says "you can just send us a money order" to which I suggest hope about them sending a PayPal request since I know they sell products over eBay (which is where I bought them). She refuses this initially but breaks down and asks for my email address. I start to spell it out to her and she gets it wrong so I start calling out the letters in military phonetic alphabet, i.e. a=alpha b=beta... She now thinks I am raising my voice at her again and starts with all the "i don't have to take this" crap. I try to explain what is going on while she continues to run her mouth and she finally gets it when she stops talking and listens to me. So she finally gets my email address right and says I will give this to my eBay department and hangs up.

This company FUCKING BLOWS!!! When I get the new LEDs back I am going to check for the marks I put on the bad set I sent back (to make sure they actually replace them), test them and they are getting sold IMMEDIATELY. I am so tired of companies these days bending you over because you already have money into the issue and cannot back out.

BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

The only way to stop people like this on e-bay is to leave negative feeback for everyone to see. Also mention the poor quality of the product.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #16
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135IBMW View Post
The only way to stop people like this on e-bay is to leave negative feeback for everyone to see. Also mention the poor quality of the product.
That is hard to do when it has been 90 days. eBay only allows you to modify your feedback for 10 days after posting. I have looked into it and all I can do now is post on the forum and hope that others don't get stuck dealing with the same crap.
      07-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #17
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

Thanks for putting this out for everyone guys. I hate companies like this....
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #18
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by takrdown View Post
Thanks for putting this out for everyone guys. I hate companies like this....
It is pretty much all we can do. Anyone with experiences with EFX (Euro Effects) should help out everyone and keep this thread alive.
      07-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #19
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

The comments here made my decision. I will not give that company my money at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #20
YearONE1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Negative feedback has been left, and I started a claim with Paypal's resolution center. I am thinking about sending EFX a link to this thread. Maybe later.

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #21
YearONE1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

HA! Here is their response to my negative feedback.

My feedback - Received wrong item. Was made to pay for return shipping. Poor communication.

Reply by efxworldwidesales (Jul-04-09 00:37):
Told buyer would reimburse just include a note. failed to mention on note.

It is right in the narrative of the email! This ALSO proves that they got my package and STILL have NOT contacted me. Can someone also point out WHERE they stated to write it on the note? Because I am pretty sure I cannot see anywhere in their communication to me that I was instructed to do that.

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #22
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

That sounds about right for them. Let's just keep the word out there so other people don't get burned.