BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #45
Kamal
Indian Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 540i M, '11 Ducati M796

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [7.56]
2011 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwyim View Post
I just have my hpfp and only 4 injectors replaced under the recall. So is the dealer supposed to replace all 6?

Would somebody be kind enough to post the link/TSB that says if you need to replace 3 or more, then all 6 should be done? I can't seem to find it.

Cold start idle is never perfectly smooth but now is worse than before I have it done. Can this be a problem with the 'new' 446 pump?
I can't seem to find the TSB that states that if >=3 injectors are replaced, then replace them all, but here is the injector recall TSB. I remember seeing the "replace all injectors" line before, but I'm not sure if it was just 'word of mouth' on the forums, or on an official document.

2008 E82 N54 || Stage 2 -------- Gone to a good home.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #46
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
I can't seem to find the TSB that states that if >=3 injectors are replaced, then replace them all, but here is the injector recall TSB. I remember seeing the "replace all injectors" line before, but I'm not sure if it was just 'word of mouth' on the forums, or on an official document.
Thanks, that is what I thought. I never saw anything 'official' from BMW but do remember someone stating all 6 was replaced even though not all is defective as 'goodwill' gesture.

When I look at my service print-out again, they said they replaced 6 decoupling element, 4 injectors, but only 2 gasket ring(PTFE seal)!

Aren't they supposed to replace all 6 seals? Do you guys think they only replaced 2, or replaced 6 but typed in 2 by mistake? I don't think I am capable of checking it myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #47
Kamal
Indian Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 540i M, '11 Ducati M796

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [7.56]
2011 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwyim View Post
Thanks, that is what I thought. I never saw anything 'official' from BMW but do remember someone stating all 6 was replaced even though not all is defective as 'goodwill' gesture.

When I look at my service print-out again, they said they replaced 6 decoupling element, 4 injectors, but only 2 gasket ring(PTFE seal)!

Aren't they supposed to replace all 6 seals? Do you guys think they only replaced 2, or replaced 6 but typed in 2 by mistake? I don't think I am capable of checking it myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
My guess is that they only replaced the 2 seals on the injectors that were fine... regardless, the math doesn't seem to add up... seal and decoupling element # should be the same?

Call up and ask to speak to the tech. who worked on the car to explain? You could ask the service advisor, but they may or may not know.

2008 E82 N54 || Stage 2 -------- Gone to a good home.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #48
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Seals are for the injectors as they slide into the head. The decoupling elements are like a shock absorber. Since the injectors are right in the cylinder, they have to be free to move. They cushion the injector as it moves during ignition, as a basic description. The injectors used to be replaced individually for faults, or if there were faults for 3 or more, all 6. That was before the recall. Now that they have them figured out as to which are bad, they get scanned and the potential detective ones only get replaced. Just because 2 didn't, doesn't mean they are defective. Sounds like you have plugged/deteriorating cats to me. Causes uneven back pressure which causes the post cat O2 sensor faults as well as the misfires. You could drop your exhaust just off the dps and look up the down pipes to to try to see the cat material. If they are defective, make sure your jb is out and take it in. There is a federal emissions warranty I believe is 8/80. That's where I would go next. FYI cat failures is common in 2 different areas. First, cars with a history of misfires, and chipped cars. That's my .02. PM me if you have any other more specific questions. Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #49
jsivadas
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Curious if this problem was ever resolved? I'm currently having the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #50
big boost M
Rep
Drives: 335i

check fuel pressure
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #51
AWCR1MC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Having the same exact problem here, and can't seem to figure it out. I've replaced the hpfp, all injectors, all spark plus, all ignition coils, and even had the turbos replaced. The only thing that is left is the o2 sensors, but I'm not getting any codes relating to that....the only codes I'm getting are those with no description.

2FD2
AAF2
C7E2
C6A2
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #52
Mr.Mastashake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsivadas View Post
Curious if this problem was ever resolved? I'm currently having the same issue.
x2 anyone figure it out yet?

2009 Chevy Cobalt SS- bolt-ons, 18/26psi tune: Easy M3 Killer [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #53
ducboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i; 2015 X5 xDrive35d

Any resolution to this? Seems like there are quite a few with the same issues/symptoms. Interested if this is O2 sensors or maybe exhaust leak?? I have also replaced HPFP under warranty, and new plugs and coils at 60k.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #54
AWCR1MC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducboy View Post
Any resolution to this? Seems like there are quite a few with the same issues/symptoms. Interested if this is O2 sensors or maybe exhaust leak?? I have also replaced HPFP under warranty, and new plugs and coils at 60k.

my resolution was to switch to the e85 bms backened flash...I don't know why it fixed the car, but I'm not able to run the pump or race flashes without this happening again. It's really weird...
~19T turbos upgrade by turbo labs~3.5 Bar Tmap~PR Ignition Kit~VRSF Inlets and outlets~VTT Cast Valve Cover~VTT Dual CC~XClutch Twin Disk~BMS Short Shifter~ER Competition FMIC Kit w/ HKS SSQV~3"AR DP's~3" Custom exhaust~Fuel-It Stage 2 Bucket~ Turner solid engine and transmission mounts~
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #55
Sidnito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 space 335i

n55 here, same thing happened to me with catless dp. took it off and hesitant to put it back on without a tune. my first drive around the block died twice at stop lights but the second round didn't, so I wanted to be safe and took it off. I want to put it back on but worried if it starts to die again. it doesn't do it with stock dp
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #56
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

all hope is gone, I'm encountering the same issue (rough idle at cold start and hesitation when accelerating). I just had my plugs done last year and all injectors replaced to the updated injectors. I only go to Vista, should I go to Braman and see what they say? All I have is PPK1 that's it.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #57
Sidnito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger
all hope is gone, I'm encountering the same issue (rough idle at cold start and hesitation when accelerating). I just had my plugs done last year and all injectors replaced to the updated injectors. I only go to Vista, should I go to Braman and see what they say? All I have is PPK1 that's it.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #58
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

My car was dropped off this morning for cold start rough idle, and mis-firing during cold start acceleration. They better find something with out a CEL. I've had it!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #59
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Just had the same issue fixed last week with my 2008 135i. I have rough idle and car shaking, with a CEL. I can't not remember the codes off the top of my head, sorry about that, but the car ran like crap, shook horribly.

I had the dealer replace my fuel pump under the 10year warranty but that did not fix the issue.

I had SPEC Motorsports (local shop)replace the plugs replace but still did not fix it. It was not fixed until they replace injectors 1,2 and 3 with new ones.
      04-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #60
bmore135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

just saw that people had been posting on this... after i had replaced the spark plugs, swapped coil packs, changed o2 sensors, and had the walnut blasting done the problem continued. turns out i had to do to install the newest version of the cat less down pipe cell defeat from burger tuning, the one that has the adjustable dial on it... once i put that in and turned it a little bit, car worked like a damn charm again.... no clue as to why the jb4 didn't resolve this with the code delete feature.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #61
Sidnito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore135
just saw that people had been posting on this... after i had replaced the spark plugs, swapped coil packs, changed o2 sensors, and had the walnut blasting done the problem continued. turns out i had to do to install the newest version of the cat less down pipe cell defeat from burger tuning, the one that has the adjustable dial on it... once i put that in and turned it a little bit, car worked like a damn charm again.... no clue as to why the jb4 didn't resolve this with the code delete feature.
that's interesting. after all the research and talking with people on here. I put back on my bms DP it doesn't stall anymore. it still will shake some if I have the AC off but that is also when my idle is at 600 instead 700 (with AC on).
it's been good for a week but i still would like to figure out about our goofy engines.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 05:06 AM   #62
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

Im having IDENTICAL ISSUES that you guys are having except pretty damn bad...even at idle the car shakes/stumbles until it raises the idle rpm by itself to smoothen it out. But if I push the gas maybe 5% the car starts stumbling and stuttering and the only code i get is misfire cylinder 5. I had a valve cover gasket leak and went ahead and finally got it fixed this past weekend. The car ran pretty strong before I put the new valve cover gasket...The coil on cylinder 6 was shot which I had gotten intermitten codes for 6 occassionally but not much at all. when I looked at the spark plugs I literally just put in maybe two weeks ago if im not mistaken...and cylinder 6 had some oil on the plug and cylinder 5 was soaked in oil for some odd reason.... I have been getting the 2C7F lAMBDA PROBE BEHIND CATALYTIC CONVERTER 2, TRIMM CONTROL and I checked today because it was acting up extrememly badly today and it said something like LAMBDA PROBE ELECTRICAL BANK 2 section 1..After reading this I'm leaning towards the O2 sensors being faulty (I have already changed plugs, coils, and injectors by the way and im sick of fishing for the culprit of this problem) it feels like SHIT!!!

but now I just went to start it before I went to work out and it sounded like the HPFP being dead by not turning over for atleast 6 or 7 seconds...So now I think its the HPFP...I would rather not throw money at it for no reason....

so what do you guys think the real issue is?
[SIZE="2"]Crimson Red E92 335i M-sport 6-speed with MHD custom stage 2+ flash only , 40% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW Clubsport, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@124mph on street tires)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 11:32 PM   #63
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

anybody have any ideas as to what it could be? With the plug being wet and I mean DRENCHED in OIL not fuel, I'm beginning to think its the Valve stem seals are going bad and the one on cylinder 5 is completely shot hence why im getting misfires at idle like hell and if i give it extremely slight throttle at low rpm's. My theory is that when I had a valve cover gasket leak the car "got by" since it wasnt completely sealed due to the leak. After I got the valve cover installed, for about 10 minutes the car ran like a bat out of hell!! but since it was sealed like it was suppose to be, the valve cover stem seals couldnt handle the pressure and the stem seal on the exhaust side is destroyed. The reason I say exhaust side is because when I started it this morning it was misfiring like hell and I got out to listen to the car at cold start and I walk to the back and it had spit/splattered two puddles of oil, one on each side of the tailpipe...Does that sould like something that could be the issue or am I just thinking way to in depth about the situation? If it was a bad 02 sensor im not sure if it could make the car drive THAT BAD? any ideas would be greatly appreciated as the valve cover stem seals are cheap but expensive as hell to install...Trying not to spend money where I dont need to and im trying to narrow this incredibly ridiculous issue I'm putting my car through and dont want to cause even more damage... Please let me know what you guys think about this because I really want the car making the power it did, if not more...PLEASE HELP!!!
[SIZE="2"]Crimson Red E92 335i M-sport 6-speed with MHD custom stage 2+ flash only , 40% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW Clubsport, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@124mph on street tires)
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 04:35 AM   #64
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic786 View Post
anybody have any ideas as to what it could be? With the plug being wet and I mean DRENCHED in OIL not fuel, I'm beginning to think its the Valve stem seals are going bad and the one on cylinder 5 is completely shot hence why im getting misfires at idle like hell and if i give it extremely slight throttle at low rpm's. My theory is that when I had a valve cover gasket leak the car "got by" since it wasnt completely sealed due to the leak. After I got the valve cover installed, for about 10 minutes the car ran like a bat out of hell!! but since it was sealed like it was suppose to be, the valve cover stem seals couldnt handle the pressure and the stem seal on the exhaust side is destroyed. The reason I say exhaust side is because when I started it this morning it was misfiring like hell and I got out to listen to the car at cold start and I walk to the back and it had spit/splattered two puddles of oil, one on each side of the tailpipe...Does that sould like something that could be the issue or am I just thinking way to in depth about the situation? If it was a bad 02 sensor im not sure if it could make the car drive THAT BAD? any ideas would be greatly appreciated as the valve cover stem seals are cheap but expensive as hell to install...Trying not to spend money where I dont need to and im trying to narrow this incredibly ridiculous issue I'm putting my car through and dont want to cause even more damage... Please let me know what you guys think about this because I really want the car making the power it did, if not more...PLEASE HELP!!!

Seeing oil out of the exhaust there is no way to know where it is coming from. More likely than he valve stem seals is that the turbo seals are bad.

Your HPFP and Turbos are under an extended warranty. For the turbos just tell them your waste gates are rattling(bc they won't replace them for just an oil leak). Maybe pull off the vacuum res line and drive until you get a check light to come on. Then they should replace the turbo(s).
Appreciate 0