BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #45
MGM135is
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1030
Rep
1,866
Posts

Drives: 135is #399
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
In late 2011 I found an E82 1M for my client after production had ended. He realized that I was correct that it was going to be a great car after telling him about it for 18 months.

He still has his 997.1 911 Turbo he ordered with special equipment and basically stopped driving it because he immediately fell in love with his 1M after the first drive.

He said it felt alive in his hands, and that the Turbo was crazy in regards to power and speed but the 1M has power one can use without going to jail.

He still says he will never sell it. His 1M only has 1,200 miles and he has put on 200 of it.
That sounds like a contradictory story. He loves how it drives so much he doesnít drive his Porsche but has only put 200 miles on his 1M.

I will say again, unless youíre buying this car strictly as a speculative investment, itís not worth $92k to drive around. Itís special, just not that special. And I realize Iím posting in a 1M forum with fanboys who all fantasize their cars will be worth millions. But for just a few more grand, I bought a CPO Boxster and a new Corvette. I could buy a Z06 which I feel is an incredible car for less than an this aging 1M cost.
Appreciate 3
ASAP2196.00
gmx40.00

      11-26-2018, 09:12 PM   #46
raysspl
Colonel
raysspl's Avatar
974
Rep
2,999
Posts

Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: thesocalrealestate.com

iTrader: (0)

Purely an investment play that paid. Well done
__________________
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #47
10"
Captain
10"'s Avatar
1248
Rep
805
Posts

Drives: orange BMW 1M.
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
In late 2011 I found an E82 1M for my client after production had ended. He realized that I was correct that it was going to be a great car after telling him about it for 18 months.

He still has his 997.1 911 Turbo he ordered with special equipment and basically stopped driving it because he immediately fell in love with his 1M after the first drive.

He said it felt alive in his hands, and that the Turbo was crazy in regards to power and speed but the 1M has power one can use without going to jail.

He still says he will never sell it. His 1M only has 1,200 miles and he has put on 200 of it.
That sounds like a contradictory story. He loves how it drives so much he doesn't drive his Porsche but has only put 200 miles on his 1M.

I will say again, unless you're buying this car strictly as a speculative investment, it's not worth $92k to drive around. It's special, just not that special. And I realize I'm posting in a 1M forum with fanboys who all fantasize their cars will be worth millions. But for just a few more grand, I bought a CPO Boxster and a new Corvette. I could buy a Z06 which I feel is an incredible car for less than an this aging 1M cost.
Ok we get it man you don't want a $90k 1M. That's fine. Lol...we aren't interested in your 4 banger Porsche or your Vette. This is about the 1M.
__________________
don't read this. too late...
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 09:25 PM   #48
sport
New Member
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: Bmw X1
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Generally speaking this is a good thing. To see an ultra low mileage car go for that helps all of us. Even if you daily drive your car and the miles accumulate these sorts of sales in the future will provide a sales BASE for the car moving forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Generally speaking this is a good thing. To see an ultra low mileage car go for that helps all of us. Even if you daily drive your car and the miles accumulate these sorts of sales in the future will provide a sales BASE for the car moving forward.
I agree. I believe that a car like this should be driven and enjoyed but I also believe that the few people in the car community that buy these cars and store them in private collections are like our historians. Eventually most M1 that are on the road will die out but people that garage them save that unique car for our history and generations to come. It's also helps make the car more unique and rare too. Overall I believe in driving a car like this all the time, but those few people that protect them in collections shouldn't be shamed. In the long run 30-70 years down the road(pun not intended) we can enjoy knowing that there are still original classics safe and preserved.
Appreciate 1
10"1248.00

      11-26-2018, 09:25 PM   #49
CarJunkie
Major
United_States
367
Rep
1,325
Posts

Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1986 BMW 325e  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
2018 BMW X5 xDrive40e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
In late 2011 I found an E82 1M for my client after production had ended. He realized that I was correct that it was going to be a great car after telling him about it for 18 months.

He still has his 997.1 911 Turbo he ordered with special equipment and basically stopped driving it because he immediately fell in love with his 1M after the first drive.

He said it felt alive in his hands, and that the Turbo was crazy in regards to power and speed but the 1M has power one can use without going to jail.

He still says he will never sell it. His 1M only has 1,200 miles and he has put on 200 of it.
That sounds like a contradictory story. He loves how it drives so much he doesn’t drive his Porsche but has only put 200 miles on his 1M.

I will say again, unless you’re buying this car strictly as a speculative investment, it’s not worth $92k to drive around. It’s special, just not that special. And I realize I’m posting in a 1M forum with fanboys who all fantasize their cars will be worth millions. But for just a few more grand, I bought a CPO Boxster and a new Corvette. I could buy a Z06 which I feel is an incredible car for less than an this aging 1M cost.
My car definitely won't be worth millions. I have driven it as intended, and am not shy about it. I could probably sell it for original MSRP give or take a few grand despite 7 years and 53k miles of pure enjoyment. Name another car that would do THAT for me. Not a fanboy....just a driving addict who found the perfect match.
__________________
Power mods: K&N panel filter, ER chargepipe, AD engineering FMIC, Mad Dad midpipe, BMS OCC, MHD, F10 550i clutch
Chassis mods: Ohlins Road and Track, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 convertible front sway bar
Appreciate 1
10"1248.00

      11-26-2018, 09:26 PM   #50
10"
Captain
10"'s Avatar
1248
Rep
805
Posts

Drives: orange BMW 1M.
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Generally speaking this is a good thing. To see an ultra low mileage car go for that helps all of us. Even if you daily drive your car and the miles accumulate these sorts of sales in the future will provide a sales BASE for the car moving forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Generally speaking this is a good thing. To see an ultra low mileage car go for that helps all of us. Even if you daily drive your car and the miles accumulate these sorts of sales in the future will provide a sales BASE for the car moving forward.
I agree. I believe that a car like this should be driven and enjoyed but I also believe that the few people in the car community that buy these cars and store them in private collections are like our historians. Eventually most M1 that are on the road will die out but people that garage them save that unique car for our history and generations to come. It's also helps make the car more unique and rare too. Overall I believe in driving a car like this all the time, but those few people that protect them in collections shouldn't be shamed. In the long run 30-70 years down the road(pun not intended) we can enjoy knowing that there are still original classics safe and preserved.
30-70 years?!

My 1M currently has 90k miles. It will probably have 90 million miles by then!!!

Hahahaha
__________________
don't read this. too late...
Appreciate 1
sport4.50

      11-26-2018, 09:35 PM   #51
mrmoua2u
Captain
mrmoua2u's Avatar
United_States
558
Rep
817
Posts

Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

The person who bought the car maybe richer than most of us, probably have more cars and boats than us and bigger house too.

Cant shame the person who kept it for years and had under 900 miles nor hate the buyer who you think over paid for it.

The value of the car is what someone is willing to pay. Shit, I can see someone having a M and super low mileage. How do I know, well because im one of them people.
Appreciate 2
sport4.50
Tornado1M201.00

      11-26-2018, 09:37 PM   #52
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
3426
Rep
9,226
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Ok we get it man you don't want a $90k 1M. That's fine. Lol. And yet the 1M is more fun than your entire garage...we aren't interested in your 4 banger Porsche or your Vette. This is about the 1M.
Honestly and respectfully, that wasnít my experience...in 2015. Much less now.

When I got my 981 CS in 2015, I also drove a base 991, 1M, and 991 CS...and the 1M was a distant 4th. A faaaaar distant 4th, from both a looks, tech, and (especially) driving experience perspective - it was a hell of a bargain in 2011, but itís expensive now because itís production numbers were artificially limited. It was an experiment, albeit a cool one, by BMW to see if people still wanted a small RWD M car. Turns out that about 6,000 (I forget the exact number) people worldwide were willing to pay for a MT only car with the 135 engine and bug eyes.

Iím glad that was the case, because we got the M2, M2C, and Iím sure the M2CS out of that experiment (all better cars in every objective test).

But donít get it twisted...the 1M is not anywhere near the level of a car that can regularly command $92,000...and fun is a subjective application, not a factual one.
__________________
Current - 2015 981 Cayman S
Past rides: 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP / 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT / 2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 4
MGM135is1029.50
Alexxxx52.00
AESZ440.50
Stage IV2034.00

      11-26-2018, 10:00 PM   #53
gds52
Colonel
gds52's Avatar
394
Rep
2,263
Posts

Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
While I love the car, I think I’d get a 911. Maybe I’m missing something lol.
The person who bought it may already have GT3...or the RS....other cars....probably M4 GTS as well
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 10:06 PM   #54
rjd598
Major General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
796
Rep
6,157
Posts

Drives: E90 M3/ F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
The only thing special about this car is that so few were made. The M2 is better in every regard, and it looks waaay better. The only reason to buy this car at that price is because it's your unicorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_M3 View Post
I must be alone but drove two 1Ms on two different occasions with the intent to buy and just could not do it. I had an F80 M3 at the time and the 1M felt inferior in every way. So the only thing going for it were the looks and bragging rights. I don't care about bragging rights so that left me with just looks.

I never buy anything on looks alone so I still have yet to experience what makes these cars so desirable, maybe some that also loves to drive cars can enlighten me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayers1997 View Post
the 1M is really overhyped. its basically a modern E36 M3. that's great, but it's not 90 grand great. my E36 is fully built, and the interior is modernized, and it's a far superior car to the 1m I almost bought before I got an F80. I just cant imagine spending almost 100 grand on a car that a 340i blows the doors off
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Honestly and respectfully, that wasnít my experience...in 2015. Much less now.

When I got my 981 CS in 2015, I also drove a base 991, 1M, and 991 CS...and the 1M was a distant 4th. A faaaaar distant 4th, from both a looks, tech, and (especially) driving experience perspective - it was a hell of a bargain in 2011, but itís expensive now because itís production numbers were artificially limited. It was an experiment, albeit a cool one, by BMW to see if people still wanted a small RWD M car. Turns out that about 6,000 (I forget the exact number) people worldwide were willing to pay for a MT only car with the 135 engine and bug eyes.

Iím glad that was the case, because we got the M2, M2C, and Iím sure the M2CS out of that experiment (all better cars in every objective test).

But donít get it twisted...the 1M is not anywhere near the level of a car that can regularly command $92,000...and fun is a subjective application, not a factual one.
1m fanboys in this thread are getting really butthurt. relax guys no one said the 1m is a bad car, but no one can argue it's worth that much money. there are many better cars for better prices. if you love the 1m that is great and good for you for having one. stupid is still stupid.
__________________
Appreciate 2
      11-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #55
MGM135is
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1030
Rep
1,866
Posts

Drives: 135is #399
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Ok we get it man you don't want a $90k 1M. That's fine. Lol...we aren't interested in your 4 banger Porsche or your Vette. This is about the 1M.
People can’t respect other’s opinions without resorting to insults. I get it, you don’t like four cylinders.....again to each their own. 8 cylinder guys disparage six cylinder guys too. I love my Porsche much like you love your 1M. My 135is with Dinan tune is my daily driver and a blast, so I get the attachment, but I am just trying to inject a little logic.

If I said my 135is were worth $60k because low production numbers and due to increasing 1M prices, you guys would be all over me.
Appreciate 1
Grey Dove110.50

      11-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #56
PARTS@STBMW
PARTS@STBMW's Avatar
United_States
881
Rep
4,284
Posts

Drives: ALL BMW MODELS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

wow!
__________________

**PLEASE PROVIDE THE LAST 7 OF YOUR VIN FOR A PRICE QUOTE!**
BRIT@BMWPARTSPROS.COM
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 10:48 PM   #57
Reedomn
Major
Reedomn's Avatar
United_States
493
Rep
1,408
Posts

Drives: 1M/M2/M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (15)

Wow. My buddy has one with 600 miles. Mine has 37,000.
__________________
LBB M2....VO 1M, 458 Italia
Sold- e30 M3, 2008 JZB/Fox E90 M3 6MT Launch car
Sold- 1997 Estoril e36 M3
Sold -1991 Black e34 M5..Sold-1995 Black e36 M3
Sadly Sold- Henna Red e30 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 11:21 PM   #58
Tornado1M
Second Lieutenant
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
201
Rep
297
Posts

Drives: 1M, X5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Wow! A lot of supposed M2 owners hating on our beloved 1M.

Hmmm 🤔 Jealousy does suck gentlemen.

But, no worries....... most of us will pick up a M2 on the cheap soon enough 🤣

You see the M2's are depreciating like crazy if you haven't already noticed. Sort of like the middle child syndrome/complex stuck between the 1M and the M2C.

Your M2 will be had in the 30's very soon 🤣

...and honestly that's probably what they are worth considering the M2C is out and superior.

Of course all you M2 owners are crying about how that should of been the original M2 from the start. No arguments there! You guys got screwed!

But, don't be so salty about it and don't take it out on us!

Peace ✌️
Appreciate 1
10"1248.00

      11-27-2018, 12:41 AM   #59
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
1264
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 18 MG M2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayers1997 View Post
as great of a car as the 1M was/is, I really cant comprehend 90 grand. it's a phenomenal little car, but it's no Z06 or 911. it's no M4 CS. fuck ton of money for a "sort of quick-ish" car
My impression is that you have never driven one, however opinions are like assholes, and everyone has one (unless, perhaps, one has had gender reassignment surgery). This is not to say that I'd pay 90 grand for one, or for any car, in fact.
__________________
Disappointing People for Two Centuries; MT Rules
Appreciate 2
10"1248.00
Tornado1M201.00

      11-27-2018, 12:45 AM   #60
Rayers1997
Private First Class
United_States
243
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Greenville SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayers1997 View Post
as great of a car as the 1M was/is, I really cant comprehend 90 grand. it's a phenomenal little car, but it's no Z06 or 911. it's no M4 CS. fuck ton of money for a "sort of quick-ish" car
My impression is that you have never driven one, however opinions are like assholes, and everyone has one. This is not to say that I'd pay 90 grand for one, or for any car, in fact.
almost bought one based on the hype, put a deposit down, drove it, wasn't blown away, and changed my mind. it was a modified version of the cheapest car in BMWs lineup. the M2 is better, and I cant stress this enough, in quite literally every possible way. The 1M is just rare. most of the people hyped on them have never driven one, and half the people that do own them and say they're the best car to drive but always drive one of their other cars instead.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 12:46 AM   #61
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
1264
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 18 MG M2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
The only thing special about this car is that so few were made. The M2 is better in every regard, and it looks waaay better. The only reason to buy this car at that price is because it's your unicorn.
It appears from your signature that you own NEITHER. So we will take your opinion for what it is worth.

I, along with a number of other people, happen to own both of them. The M2 is a fine, modern, car. I am liking it more than I did when I first acquired it, new, in March. It is, however, nowhere near as fun to drive as a 1M. I bought my 1M used, so I never did get to experience that new car smell, which I did get in spades from my M2, the first new BMW I have purchased since 1993.

The M2 is considerably more luxurious than a 1M; it is certainly more modern. It drives well. But is it inspiring like a 1M? No, it is not.
__________________
Disappointing People for Two Centuries; MT Rules
Appreciate 2
10"1248.00
Tornado1M201.00

      11-27-2018, 01:03 AM   #62
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
1264
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 18 MG M2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Wow! A lot of supposed M2 owners hating on our beloved 1M.

Hmmm 🤔 Jealousy does suck gentlemen.

But, no worries....... most of us will pick up a M2 on the cheap soon enough 🤣

You see the M2's are depreciating like crazy if you haven't already noticed. Sort of like the middle child syndrome/complex stuck between the 1M and the M2C.

Your M2 will be had in the 30's very soon 🤣

...and honestly that's probably what they are worth considering the M2C is out and superior.

Of course all you M2 owners are crying about how that should of been the original M2 from the start. No arguments there! You guys got screwed!

But, don't be so salty about it and don't take it out on us!

Peace ✌️
Actually, I don't regret my purchase of an LCI 2018 M2 in March, at MSRP, although I ordered my car and it has the desirable MG color, plus zero options. I didn't buy it as an investment, I bought it to drive, mostly in the winter and in conditions I would not drive my 1M through. It's a disposable car, like most any other.

I don't agree with your assessment of valuation, not because I think that the "regular" M2 will defy gravity when it comes to depreciation, but because I think that the M2C will likewise depreciate, like any other regular M Car. When they are 10 years old both will command about half of their original MSRPs, assuming that we are in a somewhat inflationary environment.

The M2C is not some sort of special supercar, it really isn't, and allusions to things like "middle children" are sort of silly. These things will trade based upon supply and demand, and I promise you that there will be adequate supply to meet the demand. The biggest threat to future valuations of all the versions of the M2 will be external factors, such as the desirability of small passenger cars 10 years from now, availability of fuel, restrictions on internal combustion engines, etc.
__________________
Disappointing People for Two Centuries; MT Rules
Appreciate 3
gmx40.00
Alexxxx52.00
Tornado1M201.00

      11-27-2018, 01:14 AM   #63
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
1264
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 18 MG M2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayers1997 View Post
almost bought one based on the hype, put a deposit down, drove it, wasn't blown away, and changed my mind. it was a modified version of the cheapest car in BMWs lineup. the M2 is better, and I cant stress this enough, in quite literally every possible way. The 1M is just rare. most of the people hyped on them have never driven one, and half the people that do own them and say they're the best car to drive but always drive one of their other cars instead.
I have 6 cars and drive all of them combined less than 12,000 miles per year. I am also away from home quite a bit and drive rental cars a lot, which are not counted in this total. So unless I were to decide not to drive my other cars (some of which are also special), then I really don't have the opportunity to drive my 1M any more than I do.

But let's not focus on my situation. The 1M is a 7+ year old car, and it has value; it has become collectible. I own other collectible cars in my little stable and like the 1M, I drive them similarly a relatively modest number of miles annually. I would suppose that most people who can afford to own a 1M at this point are also in a position to have other cars to drive, and since the 1M (or an old Porsche or a Z3M Coupe, or whatever, fill in the blank with your preferred collectible and older car) isn't going to be a primary vehicle for most at this point, it will therefore not be driven all the time.

I don't see that you are making a real point; the 1M is an older collectible car now. Most owners are going to treat it like that. Perhaps that explains why there are tons of Z3M coupes out there that have less than 100K miles on them, in spite of being 20 or almost 20 years old. That is what happens with older, collectible, cars. People own them as second or third or 4th vehicles, that's part of the normal progression.

Back to the M2, it's not special; if you think it is, then you have very limited experience with special cars. There are quite a few older BMWs that I would much rather own, as a new car, than the M2 that I own now. But do you really know anything about either of these cars you are pontificating about? I doubt it.

And your point was?
__________________
Disappointing People for Two Centuries; MT Rules
Appreciate 4
gmx40.00
10"1248.00
Tornado1M201.00
CarJunkie367.00

      11-27-2018, 01:23 AM   #64
Rayers1997
Private First Class
United_States
243
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Greenville SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayers1997 View Post
almost bought one based on the hype, put a deposit down, drove it, wasn't blown away, and changed my mind. it was a modified version of the cheapest car in BMWs lineup. the M2 is better, and I cant stress this enough, in quite literally every possible way. The 1M is just rare. most of the people hyped on them have never driven one, and half the people that do own them and say they're the best car to drive but always drive one of their other cars instead.
I have 6 cars and drive all of them combined less than 12,000 miles per year. I am also away from home quite a bit and drive rental cars a lot, which are not counted in this total. So unless I were to decide not to drive my other cars (some of which are also special), then I really don't have the opportunity to drive my 1M any more than I do.

But let's not focus on my situation. The 1M is a 7+ year old car, and it has value; it has become collectible. I own other collectible cars in my little stable and like the 1M, I drive them similarly a relatively modest number of miles annually. I would suppose that most people who can afford to own a 1M at this point are also in a position to have other cars to drive, and since the 1M (or an old Porsche or a Z3M Coupe, or whatever, fill in the blank with your preferred collectible and older car) isn't going to be a primary vehicle for most at this point, it will therefore not be driven all the time.

I don't see that you are making a real point; the 1M is an older collectible car now. Most owners are going to treat it like that. Perhaps that explains why there are tons of Z3M coupes out there that have less than 100K miles on them, in spite of being 20 or almost 20 years old. That is what happens with older, collectible, cars. People own them as second or third or 4th vehicles, that's part of the normal progression.

Back to the M2, it's not special; if you think it is, then you have very limited experience with special cars. There are quite a few older BMWs that I would much rather own, as a new car, than the M2 that I own now. But do you really know anything about either of these cars you are pontificating about? I doubt it.

And your point was?
a car being a collector car doesnt make it inherently great. and I really dont gind the M2 all that special, but then neither is the 1M. you didnt say a single thing about the car other than it's a collectible car. big whoop, why tho? because it was rare.

theres a laundry list of bimmers I would buy before I even considered a 1m or an m2.

E36 and 46 are the best cars I've ever driven bar none. every M car since then has been in their shadow for me
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 02:13 AM   #65
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Arcades's Avatar
Taiwan
1841
Rep
3,246
Posts

Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Wow, I think this thread might be worse than the Giulia QV ones...
__________________
'18 Grigio Medio/Nutmeg BMW F80 M3 "Stella" // '17 Mahogany Metallic/Black Porsche Macan S "Gisele"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 4
Darth One1381.00
Tornado1M201.00
Stage IV2034.00
champignon1264.00

      11-27-2018, 03:37 AM   #66
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
United_States
42
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Pretty sure it was a fake ad posted by a dealer to get a bump in ratings and positive reviews. Dealer posts a for sale ad that is in the realm of believable, but certainly overpriced so that no one with knowledge of the car would actually buy it. After some believable time passes, an involved party "buys" the car so it shows as a legitimate sale, the dealer reports the car as sold, the dealer gets a ++++ rating and a positive review from the involved party. Happens all the time using ratings booster services. Go look at the reviews for some products on Amazon.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST