Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERR FSTIR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Why? What do you have to go on to support your guess?

Furthermore, if the engine software truly differed between the Z4is and 1MSC then why not tout this fact during the official debut in Detroit? I think they would readily divulge a totally revised engine mapping if it in fact exists.
Isn't that exactly what was done in the video? Dr Kay mentions that there is a separate ecu map that is not in the z4is ?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #266
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Isn't that exactly what was done in the video? Dr Kay mentions that there is a separate ecu map that is not in the z4is ?
I didn't recall his comments referencing the Z4is in any fashion. I think he simply states there are two separate engine mappings. The Z4is also has two mappings (or at least throttle mappings).

Regardless, I would be very pleased to be wrong about this.

Last edited by HERR FSTIR; 01-22-2011 at 12:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 04:26 AM   #267
treehacker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

I just would like to have an official source saying very clear what the did exactly to the engine. If its only the software, i'm fine. But I would like to know it officially. BTW, In the specs it says, M TwinPower Turbo, not just BMW TwinPower Turbo... so... is there any difference or just Marketing?! Remember Scott saying its a Hybrid? Could it have some sort of TwinScroll Technology for the Turbos?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #268
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunro View Post
We already know this is a FrankenBimmer. I thought everyone moved on from those discussions already?
What did you expect to find when you entered a thread entitled "Is the motor identical to the 35is motor?"? A discussion about orange stitching?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #269
sho-one
MMA fighter and F1 test driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4///M coupe bulletproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
What did you expect to find when you entered a thread entitled "Is the motor identical to the 35is motor?"? A discussion about orange stitching?
+1
NOW:08 M.Coupe SMB #102/248 #1669/1815
:|MORRVS8|APEX8|SS.X-pipe|SS.PW.Loop|AFE.intake|Matte.grill|short.ant|Z HP.knob|interior.LED|bulletproof
09 Audi Q5

THEN:96Accord|98Camry|04TSX SC|06 M3|06A4|05Civic Si|05Imprezza|05S2000|08FJ
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #270
jmunro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
You obviously missed the point, Kurt. You've provided no insight yourself and this thread has become a pointless exercise of mental masturbation... Thanks big boy!

Maybe just maybe the engine has different piston rings! NOT! It's the same damn engine with little difference in the ECU map from the Z4iS... If people want big power then just put on an aftermarket tune with some additional cooling.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #271
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunro View Post
You obviously missed the point, Kurt. You've provided no insight yourself and this thread has become a pointless exercise of mental masturbation...
How does you showing up and whining about it, rather than just ignoring the thread and politely allowing those who wish to have those discussions, do so, contribute to the subject of the thread?

Or is your entire purpose on this board to search out discussions that you deem unworthy of existence, and upon finding them, commence hassling the participants?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #272
jmunro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
How does you showing up and whining about it, rather than just ignoring the thread and politely allowing those who wish to have those discussions, do so, contribute to the subject of the thread?

Or is your entire purpose on this board to search out discussions that you deem unworthy of existence, and upon finding them, commence hassling the participants?
My you're a smart one... I appreciate your insight.
Appreciate 0