BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Fast

Berk Technology Wins Inaugural Global Time Attack Event!

The Global Time Attack series is a new US based, invite only time attack series that stormed onto the scene May 21st – May 22nd at Willow Springs Raceway for their inaugural event. Berk Technology was one of the chosen teams to receive an invitation to compete at the event in their Street GT class with their 2010 Redline Time Attack Championship winning BMW 135i and driver Mike Bonanni. The Berk Technology crew headed out to Willow Springs Raceway for the second time this year, the first being the inaugural MotoIQ Pacific Tuner Car Championships sprint race in March where Bonanni and the Berk Technology 135i were able to take a flag to flag victory from pole.

The Global Time Attack series pits drivers and cars against the clock to see who can run the fastest lap time in their respective class. The invite only event catered only to the fastest time attack teams in the country and the event saw a stacked field. The Berk Technology BMW 135i fit into the Street GT class which requires the use of DOT passenger car street tires with 140 or more treadwear rating. The team at Berk Technology ran their fastest lap of the weekend at a 1:29.041 on Hankook RS-3 street tires setting a new track record as the fastest rear wheel drive car on street tires ever in a time attack competition. The time was not only good enough for a new track record but also earned Berk Technology the win in the Street GT class and Street GT RWD division narrowly beating out Grand Am driver VJ Mirzayan in the Evolution Racewerks BMW 135i. The Berk Technology team also earned a Wild Card bonus award issued by Global Time Attack to the winner of the close battle between the two Street GT BMW 135is as well as a Record Bounty award for setting a new class record!

“The Berk Technology BMW 135i was absolutely amazing this weekend. Since the last time we competed here in a time attack setting we added the Performance Friction Z-Rated brake kit, VMR Wheels, and new aerodynamic aides provided by APR Performance. The car had a tremendous amount of grip through the high speed corners of Willow Springs and the brakes were absolutely incredible. The KW Suspension, EAS race prep, and Berk Technology go-fast bits worked absolutely flawlessly. Our sponsors and the crew at Berk Technology gave me the absolute best car for the job!” – Mike Bonanni, Driver

You can catch the Berk Technology BMW 135i competing May 28th and 29th at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA for the third round of the 2011 MotoIQ Pacific Tuner Car Championships!

Check out a full event re-cap on MotoIQ.com:
Inaugural Global Time Attack Breaks Off Records at WSIR

Congratulations are in order to Evolution Racewerks who, together with us, provided fans with the closest battle of the weekend! Evolution Racewerks also beat their old previous record on Hankook RS-3 tires. We anticipate many more close battles between the two "titans" of the 135i!

---Berk Technology
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Very nice...Congrats!
      05-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
vantagesc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Car looked great coming down the back straight from my view at the Streets. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Looks like my RS-3 choice was a defer one.

Congrats on the win

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep
Drives: this way and that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkTechnology View Post

The Global Time Attack series is a new US based, invite only time attack series that stormed onto the scene May 21st – May 22nd at Willow Springs Raceway for their inaugural event. Berk Technology was one of the chosen teams to receive an invitation to compete at the event in their Street GT class with their 2010 Redline Time Attack Championship winning BMW 135i and driver Mike Bonanni. The Berk Technology crew headed out to Willow Springs Raceway for the second time this year, the first being the inaugural MotoIQ Pacific Tuner Car Championships sprint race in March where Bonanni and the Berk Technology 135i were able to take a flag to flag victory from pole.

The Global Time Attack series pits drivers and cars against the clock to see who can run the fastest lap time in their respective class. The invite only event catered only to the fastest time attack teams in the country and the event saw a stacked field. The Berk Technology BMW 135i fit into the Street GT class which requires the use of DOT passenger car street tires with 140 or more treadwear rating. The team at Berk Technology ran their fastest lap of the weekend at a 1:29.041 on Hankook RS-3 street tires setting a new track record as the fastest rear wheel drive car on street tires ever in a time attack competition. The time was not only good enough for a new track record but also earned Berk Technology the win in the Street GT class and Street GT RWD division narrowly beating out Grand Am driver VJ Mirzayan in the Evolution Racewerks BMW 135i. The Berk Technology team also earned a Wild Card bonus award issued by Global Time Attack to the winner of the close battle between the two Street GT BMW 135is as well as a Record Bounty award for setting a new class record!

“The Berk Technology BMW 135i was absolutely amazing this weekend. Since the last time we competed here in a time attack setting we added the Performance Friction Z-Rated brake kit, VMR Wheels, and new aerodynamic aides provided by APR Performance. The car had a tremendous amount of grip through the high speed corners of Willow Springs and the brakes were absolutely incredible. The KW Suspension, EAS race prep, and Berk Technology go-fast bits worked absolutely flawlessly. Our sponsors and the crew at Berk Technology gave me the absolute best car for the job!” – Mike Bonanni, Driver

You can catch the Berk Technology BMW 135i competing May 28th and 29th at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA for the third round of the 2011 MotoIQ Pacific Tuner Car Championships!

Check out a full event re-cap on MotoIQ.com:
Inaugural Global Time Attack Breaks Off Records at WSIR

Congratulations are in order to Evolution Racewerks who, together with us, provided fans with the closest battle of the weekend! Evolution Racewerks also beat their old previous record on Hankook RS-3 tires. We anticipate many more close battles between the two "titans" of the 135i!

---Berk Technology
Wow! I know you guys are super excited! Congratulations.
      05-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Congrats Bryan, that is amazing!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
merlin2111
Rep
Drives:

Congrats! The car llooks mmean aas hell too!
Appreciate 0