06-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M AW & F15X5 40d & M2C HS

Magnaflow Rear Exhaust Sport Muffler

Hi to you all,

Does anyone has Magnaflow Rear Exhaust Sport Muffler installed on their 1M? The exhaust tips look very similar to Eisenmann ones.

Love to hear some comments about it. Thanks.

And here's a sound clip I found:
Attached Images

Last edited by 1MOz; 06-13-2013 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: video added
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Chill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM

I've had this system installed for the last 18 months. Personally, I don't like the look of the OEM tips, too small. This system looks far better and the cost can't be beat at $600. But, you get what you pay for and I have a little carbon blow by on one of the welds or slips fittings but all in all, I'm happy with the sound and look.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
rick_vor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2008 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
I've had this system installed for the last 18 months. Personally, I don't like the look of the OEM tips, too small. This system looks far better and the cost can't be beat at $600.
Where did you find it for $600?

Rick
2008 E60 M5, 2008 E90 M3 6sp, 2003 E46 330i ZHP Sedan - all sold
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ight=magnaflow
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ight=magnaflow
      06-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
mpower2
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe

Is this system good?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
rick_vor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2008 M5

DOH! That GB is from 2011. Too bad. For $600 it's a bargain. The best I've found online has been for around $1100.

Rick
2008 E60 M5, 2008 E90 M3 6sp, 2003 E46 330i ZHP Sedan - all sold
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the comments and the links guys.

I think I wil stick to Eisenmann.
      06-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
I wasn't impressed with the sound of the evolve/supersprint. To me it wasn't any better than stock.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #9
bmw1mc
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOz View Post
Thanks for the comments and the links guys.

I think I wil stick to Eisenmann.
Doesn't sit straight. Rather get Akra, Evolve/Supersprint, Remus
+1 akra all the way
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
I wasn't impressed with the sound of the evolve/supersprint. To me it wasn't any better than stock.
There is nothing in common between stock and evolve race exhaust, other than low rpm cruise sound, which is almost identical with the exception of drone.

Another 1M owner here whose car is equipped with Akra and also has a 2012 GT-R was quite impressed with the sound of my car, he had a long ride with me, so don't know why you felt that way really, maybe it was a limited experience?

It just gets better and better, and at WOT it is loud as hell, nothing to do with the stock. Fitment is absolutely perfect and it is a good quality piece with discreet but spot-on looks. There is also no drone with this exhaust. Akra may have a even better sound or be louder and for a price, that is another story.

For me 1M exhausts are essentially like this:

1) Most common: Akra (there probably are less stock exhaust now vs. Akra)
2) The one with most reported fitment issues: Dinan followed by Akra and Eisenmann
3) The most overpriced ones: Vorsteiner and Akra
4) The best sounding one: Lightweight Titan
5) The loudest: Meisterschaft
6) The best compromise and best value: Evolve/Supersprint Race, followed by Remus and Borla
7) The most unusual sounding one: Vorsteiner

Totally my take on exhausts.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 06-16-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
There is nothing in common between stock and evolve race exhaust, other than low rpm cruise sound, which is almost identical with the exception of drone.

Another 1M owner here whose car is equipped with Akra and also has a 2012 GT-R was quite impressed with the sound of my car, he had a long ride with me, so don't know why you felt that way really, maybe it was a limited experience?

It just gets better and better, and at WOT it is loud as hell, nothing to do with the stock. Fitment is absolutely perfect and it is a good quality piece with discreet but spot-on looks. There is also no drone with this exhaust. Akra may have a even better sound or be louder and for a price, that is another story.

For me 1M exhausts are essentially like this:

1) Most common: Akra (there probably are less stock exhaust now vs. Akra)
2) The one with most reported fitment issues: Dinan followed by Akra and Eisenmann
3) The most overpriced ones: Vorsteiner and Akra
4) The best sounding one: Lightweight Titan
5) The loudest: Meisterschaft
6) The best compromise and best value: Evolve/Supersprint Race, followed by Remus and Borla
7) The most unusual sounding one: Vorsteiner

Totally my take on exhausts.
Evaluating exhaust is very subjective. My evaluation on the axle-back Evolve Race was based off of listening to KennyPower's with N55 mids, which he quickly ditched for the Eisenmann Race. To me it wasn't loud enough. The full Supersprint exhaust is an entirely different story.

What were the reported fitment issues with the Dinan. Are you confusing installation method with fitment? I haven't heard or seen of anyone's Dinan tips being misalignment with the rear bumper. The issue is more with Dinan's cut and clamp installation which Dinan has smartly remedied.

You should also add to your list item 8) Drone's the most which is the Meisterschaft.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #12
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Evaluating exhaust is very subjective. My evaluation on the axle-back Evolve Race was based off of listening to KennyPower's with N55 mids, which he quickly ditched for the Eisenmann Race. To me it wasn't loud enough. The full Supersprint exhaust is an entirely different story.

What were the reported fitment issues with the Dinan. Are you confusing installation method with fitment? I haven't heard or seen of anyone's Dinan tips being misalignment with the rear bumper. The issue is more with Dinan's cut and clamp installation which Dinan has smartly remedied.

You should also add to your list item 8) Drone's the most which is the Meisterschaft.
Yes I mean that initial and big issue with Dinan, it was not at all "bolt on"; so now they fixed it, good to know that. And number 8 is a good suggestion

I also have the N55 mated with Evolve so it must be subjective really. I like it relatively quiet when I am calm and quiete and drive that way and I like that it starts sounding different and much louder when I raise my tempo and revs. Overall it got louder after around 2-3,000 km. too, to be noted. I admit that I keep on checking the Supersprint straight pipes from their web site time to time. But am afraid to make the car plain loud all the time which is not the point of 1M imho, unless it is a track only toy which for me is not and maybe drone returns with straight pipes too.

Those non-resonated catless SS midpipes are total 595 Euro (2 piece), maybe I can buy one and if I don't like what happens, simply return to N55 mids later. Too many projects, too little time to do them or even to enjoy driving the car
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #13
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

My favourite sounding exhaust at the moment is this one. Perhaps it's just cause it's on the dyno and sounds very raw.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #14
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
My favourite sounding exhaust at the moment is this one. Perhaps it's just cause it's on the dyno and sounds very raw.
Ian, you're not making it any easier for me! Especially the reseller for these are just around the corner from my place.
      06-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #15
COZ01M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Ian, you're not making it any easier for me! Especially the reseller for these are just around the corner from my place.
THAT SOUNDS PHAT! That would have to be the best i have heard so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #16
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by COZ01M
Quote:
THAT SOUNDS PHAT! That would have to be the best i have heard so far.
It ain't cheap though, same as Akra if not more. It does sound very nice.
      06-18-2013, 03:39 AM   #17
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

That has to be the best sounding unit for the 1M I've heard, maybe it's just the acoustics of the venue, but that sounds super raw and very tough. Love it. Was not thinking exhaust at all, but now........... thanks for that.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
It ain't cheap though, same as Akra if not more. It does sound very nice.
Sorry mate!

Hey let me know if you're thinking these guys and perhaps we can do something better for a few units. I don't think they sell many in Aus.
I got a price today and its substantially less than an Akra.

One thing it has over the Akra is that you can pre-set an rpm level for the valves to open. That sounds pretty cool to me!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #19
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post

One thing it has over the Akra is that you can pre-set an rpm level for the valves to open. That sounds pretty cool to me!
That feature makes it even sweeter, always liked the sound too. I might be the first one who posted that video in this Forum (exhaust section) and later a vendor reposted it. Could be in my favorites list but as Ian suggested, needs more sound clips which I don't know any. Also, I noticed that it looks like real identical with Supersprint/Evolve Race/Hartge (all same, made in Supersprint) but sounds different; maybe they ehmm.."evolved" over it with a different sound or using a different mid section. Price puts me away anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #20
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
More photos and sound would be good. Made to order, so 2 month wait.
How do you set valves?...I understood it was vaccum based.
Here is the vendor's thread, in case you missed it, there are photos and some info. and another video too, also my comment to vendor about how "similar" it looks to Supersprint:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826890

Second video is killer!

And another video that I just found from YouTube with same car/exhaust:

Last edited by ozinaldo; 06-19-2013 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #21
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
HMS replied:
The operation of the valve tronic system is done via an elegant stainless steel button with red LED illumination installed in the dash.
If button is on ON position, valves are open, creating the top deep sound.
If button is on OFF, valves only open at a preprogrammed RPM, for example at 4500 rpm. So up to 4500 rpm it will be quiet and then above it will open up and be louder again.
You can choose at what RPM the valves can open.
What else a man can desire? Perfect features imo. Rest to learn is what this coompany can offer in terms of customer service, warranty and of course price. It would be nice to find someone who already has it installed in/around Germany and ask his buying and ownership experience. Maybe German speaking forum members can check 1M forum over there for the benefit of community?

A latecomer but this has to go next to Lightweight in my list as one of the best sounds, period.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #22
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Guys, I like it! Now where's that tree that has money falling out of?