BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

Squeaky drivers seat: anyone else? (See pic)

Does anyone else’s drivers seat have a squeak/creak when pressure is put on it?

Take a look at the pic below. My drivers seat squeaks where the red circle is, especially when I turn to get up and out of the car. It’s fine pretty much any other time, since the way I sit down in the car avoids putting pressure on that section. There is also no noise from that area when I’m driving.

From messing around with it, it seems to come from the area right where the plastic meets the upholstery on the side there. Just trying to find out if this is a common issue in our cars, and if there is any fix for it?

I heard the first owner of this car was a Shotput coach so maybe that has something to do with it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

Just a quick bump!

It seems to be when the sensatec actually comes in contact with the plastic on the side there. If I just press on the plastic there is no squeak.
Appreciate 0