BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #67
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Just getting up! But I see you got the news!

Introducing "1ntensified Performance Orientation"
There is big plans for the 1er Coupe it has potential as seen here. If you look at the pictures you can see the cues within the spoilers and the wheel design.

Although it is a Concept for now . The project is to whet the appetite. Because we know you look at that with a "M" symbol popping into your mind. don't you?

We present the Cars to BMW Japan this afternoon we even have a 1er Cabrio but that is not for public use.
And tonight is "1ntensity". And then Kareoke...:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 05:26 PM   #68
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Cecotto, F85, G05, G07,

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [0.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm f'en loving it! Wowie! Where do I sign up?

Scott, any idea if this will make it to the States?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #69
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Just getting up! But I see you got the news!

Introducing "1ntensified Performance Orientation"
There is big plans for the 1er Coupe it has potential as seen here. If you look at the pictures you can see the cues within the spoilers and the wheel design.

Although it is a Concept for now . The project is to whet the appetite. Because we know you look at that with a "M" symbol popping into your mind. don't you?

We present the Cars to BMW Japan this afternoon we even have a 1er Cabrio but that is not for public use.
And tonight is "1ntensity". And then Kareoke...:biggrin:

:headbang:

Just waiting on the M to show up now. Hopefully with either a hi-reving reworked 6 ala BMW M philospohy,.. or something new?

Please though, loose the silly stripes and the white accent on the seats' belt holes.

-Mahlzeit
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #70
fishbulb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #71
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

scott this looking good the einser is the car to use for a more track focussed car.

Will TII badge stay that means we get turbo 6 or 4. Or does M get more involved in this and we get a high rev atmo.

Let they not forget to put in mechanical LSD
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #72
ParkerC
Rep
Drives:

I like it:biggrin:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we get those brakes pictured but in black right? The Big Blues look awesome...

The write up on the car mentions "18" 5- spoke", but it looks like the ones pictured have alot more spokes, with a new design.

These are the first real motion shots in a color other than Sedona, and I'm REALLY liking white...

Cheers
Parker
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #73
srholman
Registered
Rep
Drives:

:iono:I note with interest that I Drive is absent! Hooray!!!!!!
The rest of it isn't at all interesting to me. I have no patience with racing stripes and related regalia.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #74
bradford
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
Now can you photoshop all the other bull$hit off of it too? Nix the faux intakes on the side skirts, make the hood white, the mirrors white, and get rid of the silly white windshield banner, and you've got nearly exactly what my AW 135i will look like once I fix the suspension and get some more aggressive wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #75
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

So M1 or no M1? Just lay down the best hand already. I am not definitely not buying a 135 and a M1. Or I may switch to the STI or EVO if BMW wants to play games :-)
      10-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #76
Bourne
Rep
Drives:

Someone may have already noticed this, but the hood looks like carbon fibre.
Left hand drive shown--Japan is Rt.
No i drive, cool. No sunroof, cool. Steering wheel, front seat and instrument cluster, very cool. Even the rear seats look better ie cool.
I will take it, hands down, no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #77
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradford View Post
Now can you photoshop all the other bull$hit off of it too? Nix the faux intakes on the side skirts, make the hood white, the mirrors white, and get rid of the silly white windshield banner, and you've got nearly exactly what my AW 135i will look like once I fix the suspension and get some more aggressive wheels.
My thoughts also, bradford.
      10-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #78
bradford
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Someone may have already noticed this, but the hood looks like carbon fibre.
Someone, like the author? :wink:
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #79
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

I wonder when H&R will have OE Sport and Sport springs available for the 135?
      10-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #80
destruct007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport

those pics look painfully good, argh... man. the wait............
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #81
dna550
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

BMW Concept 1 Series tii: Performance preview or appearance package?

BMW Concept 1 Series tii: Performance preview or appearance package?

By Kirill Ougarov

As soon as the 1 Series was announced, the question everyone began to ask was, "When is the M model coming?" But the 1 Series may never wear an M badge. Many a Bimmerphile would consider it sacrilege to name it M1 -- the legendary mid-engine homologation racer of the late '70s. So BMW went back a few more years into its history to help name the BMW Concept 1 Series tii.

Unveiled at the 2007 Tokyo motor show, Concept 1 Series tii bears the same designation as the performance variant of the BMW 2002, which was made for just three model years between 1972 and 1973. The car is a glimpse into the future of what a production performance 1 Series model may be like -- at least on the surface.

The emphasis of the tii concept is on agility. Weight savings are numerous - the hood, mirror caps, airdam covers, trunklid spoiler, and rear bumper inlay are all of carbon-fiber reinforced plastic. All four brake calipers are painted blue, as is one bolt on each of the four wheels and the tow hook. A racing stripe runs the length of the entire car, starting off white on the black carbon-fiber hood and then turning black on the white roof and trunklid. A tii decal is on both bumpers, with the front decal being mirror imaged. The anti-glare strip at the top of the windshield also sports a tii logo.

The interior boasts copious amounts of Alcantara, which covers the steering wheel, most of the upper dashboard, shift knob, and part of the door panels. The sport bucket seats are wrapped in leather with Alcantara upholstered insets. The sport-style rear seats are upholstered in a similar material mix. The stitching in the leather of the front seats is blue, as is the driver's seatbelt and the base of the shift knob.

A nifty touch is the mixed color gauge faces. The speedometer is primarily black and the tachometer white, which gives the tach the advantage of instantly grabbing the eye -- handy on the track where engine rpms are far more important than the indicated speed and fractions of a second.

Conspicuously absent, however, are changes to the business end of things, making the Concept tii little more than a club-racer trim package of sorts for the 135 rather than a true performance model. If the concept comes to production life, it's hoped BMW will spice up the production model with stiffer springs and maybe more boost to the 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged unit, rather than with just a carbon-fiber body kit and an Alcantara dashboard.

Why not M1?

The M1 name is reserved for the original M-car, the Giugiaro-bodied result of a joint effort between BMW and Lamborghini to develop a production race car and build enough of them for homologation. The mid-engine car is powered by an advanced for its time, 277-horsepower, 3.5-liter twin-cam inline-six. Only 456 cars were made. Because of the car's special place in BMW's history, the M1 designation is not seen as a viable name for an ultimate 1 Series.

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #82
dna550
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

BMW: Bring it to LA!

BMW 1-series tii Concept - Auto Shows

BMW says this concept is a new interpretation of its classic brand values, we say it previews a future M1.

BY JON YANCA, October 2007 Recently, we slipped behind the wheel of the 2009 BMW 135i, which goes on sale here next spring. With a 300-hp twin-turbo, direct-injection 3.0-liter inline-six under the hood of that car, though, there isn’t really much room to add usable horsepower in the 1-series. So where does BMW go for a performance variant of its latest child? Look no further than the 1-series tii concept.

This concept, debuting at the 2007 Tokyo Auto Show, is said to be a design study focused on motorsport. While no mechanical upgrades have been mentioned, the tii concept makes advances where the 1-series needs the most improvement—weight. Shown in white and black with blue accents, the 1-series tii boasts a substantial amount of carbon fiber, with our composite friend found atop the engine and in the side air intakes in the front air dam, as well as covering the mirrors, spoiler, and rear diffuser. Not only was the hood made of carbon fiber to save weight, but it was left in the matte finish to minimize reflection and enhance driver focus—and driver focus is what this concept is all about.

Inside, this point is further conveyed through a series of subtle details like driver’s-seat-only blue seat stitching and a driver-unique blue seatbelt. Tii passengers strap in their silver-stitched Alcantara and leather saddles with silver safety belts. More interior upgrades include a steering wheel, shifter, and dash covered in dark Alcantara; the first two so covered to enhance grip and the latter to mitigate any glare that could affect the driver’s concentration. In the instrument cluster, you can’t miss the black-on-white tachometer—a racer's most useful gauge—standing out over the otherwise white-on-black gauge cluster.

Functionally, the 1-series aerodynamics have been optimized on the tii concept, beginning with the funky air guidance strips that rest along the outer edges of the hood. They’re intended to enhance stability at high speeds, while the unique front fascia air-splitters attempt to channel air to the side intakes and funnel the remainder beneath the car. The tii ditches grille bars inside the BMW kidneys, favoring a honeycomb grille to cool the engine. The side sills further refine airflow. Out back, a carbon-fiber Gurney flap helps create claimed downforce on the rear axle while the two-blade diffuser looks to minimize air swirl.

As you probably know, the tii attached to this concept’s name has some history. Roughly 36 years ago, BMW launched a lightweight, wide-track, sportier version of its two-door 2002—the 2002tii—a car now considered to be one of the most desirable BMW models in history. The 1971 BMW 2002tii featured wider wheels, bigger brakes, and a unique mechanical fuel-injection system. The Concept 1-series tii doesn’t offer as much of a mechanical upgrade over a regular 1-series as did the 2002tii over the 2002, but it does share that legendary model’s philosophy of “agility, lightness, youthfulness, and superior sportiness.”

It’s been with those qualities in mind that we’ve been waiting impatiently for news of a hotter M version of the little coupe, but perhaps we’re already looking at it. After all, with the 135i harnessing so much horsepower off the showroom floor, it’s hard to see a big increase in output for an M variant. So what can BMW do? Well, instead of adding useless power, how about adding lightness and nimbleness? In that regard, the tii concept fundamentals likely point a path directly to the M1.

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #83
juniormint
Private
Rep
Drives: soon to be 135i

i absolutely love it, everything. I am also waiting to see if a M1 is released and I'm sure bmw will be releasing upgraded versions of the 1 like this but i doubt it will ever have a M badge, yeah its a bummer but a bmw has already worn that name. Tii makes alot of sense since it was a upgrade of the original 20.02, that car that the 1 is made after. Their was also turbo but since this car is already turbo they can really do that and I cant see bmw switching to a larger single turbo or two larger ones since than it could potentially own the bmw stables.

Bottom line, if its within price reason, My name is going on the list
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #84
BimmerMan 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
I guess you can't get nav with tii

haha, yeah...as you can tell this would be a more racing specific dress up...less luxury more performance...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #85
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

wow 4 pages in 5 hours! now we're talking guys

anyway, i think its absolutely badass....hands down
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #86
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Badass how? Because of a carbon fiber hood, better seats, and some aero bits? I'm still not seeing what's so great about this car. No work done to the suspension, engine, or brakes. Lots of fluffy parts that, aside from shaving a little weight, do jack shit to increase performance. It doesn't look half bad with those M wheels, but how is this car that special? I'm not "getting" it guys, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 08:00 PM   #87
sirploppy
5 Star General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post

EDIT: Oh I get it. It uses lots of carbon fiber. Who cares? No way the carbon fiber makes production.
Yeah, no WAY BMW would ever make a carbon fiber roof either...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #88
bradford
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post
No work done to the suspension, engine, or brakes.
The suspension is definitely lower in the pics, and the brakes are cross-drillled and slotted. These aspects are not mentioned because the car is a DESIGN CONCEPT - technical details will not be given at this time, perhaps because they have not even been decided yet.

Scott26 said that the 1-series M car only went in front of the Board of Directors early this month. I'm sure they're not quite sure on all the final specs (*IF* the car will actually exist at all!) and I seriously doubt they will introduce much more information until they've already wrung their hype machine out on the "regular" 1-Series introduction.

BMW does not put out riced out cars as shown in the pic. Some of the things shown may make it to production, some may not. I will personally guarantee though, if a 1-Series M car comes out, that it will include a much stiffer suspension and other meaningful perdormance upgrades, not just a bunch of faux-fast parts.
Appreciate 0