BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #23
Templedogg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, Trailblazer SS, 1934 PU

Sorry to hear that Rearro!!! I am still waiting to see what happens. If I get a ticket I will fight it, I mean come on....bikes don't have them, older cars (I have a 34 Chevy PU) are not required to have them. It is a stupid law to try and increase income for the state.
      08-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #24
tonytigerking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templedogg View Post
Sorry to hear that Rearro!!! I am still waiting to see what happens. If I get a ticket I will fight it, I mean come on....bikes don't have them, older cars (I have a 34 Chevy PU) are not required to have them. It is a stupid law to try and increase income for the state.
Sounds more like a waste of money for the state, especially when you only need to put the tags on the back, but no the front. All the money that is spend on the front plate should be going to maintain the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #25
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

I had skene design on order the day I ordered the car. Decided I would refrain from installing it until I got pulled over. Less than a week goes by and my wife gets pulled over because the ever-so-efficient VA DMV hadn't yet updated the registration. "Good afternoon miss, so tell me, why is your plate registered to a 2002 3-series BMW? While we're at it, where are your front plates, and why doesn't your address match?" Of course she smiles, gives the "it's my husbands car" and gets off with a warning.

None the less, Skene was installed that night, works terrific. Be sure to add some additional protection between the sharp plate edges and your bumper. One bad parallel parker and you have gashes in your front bumper.
Appreciate 0