BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Talking Modbargins - Exhaust Install

So about a little under a month ago I got a brand new 135 and I knew since I bought the car that the first mod I was going to do immediately was add a quad exhaust and new diffuser to fit it. I checked around and saw that Modbargins had exactly what I wanted and at a reasonable price. I also within a couple of weeks got an email from BMWCC saying they were doing a trip to the location and that Modbargins would give anyone a discount who showed up and purchased something that weekend. Now because of work I could not go that weekend but I emailed them and Elliott responded with a quote that INCLUDED the discount. Which I thought was cool because they definitely did not have to do that.

Now I will admit that emailing them can be a bit of a waiting game so I recommend calling as a better option BUT they did an awesome job on delivering the parts I needed and doing an awesome install. They took their time, even when it ran over my block and treated my car as if it was their own. For example, once the exhaust was put on we noticed that you could see some of the white body through the new mesh diffuser and rather than buttoning up the install and moving me out the door they made the suggestion of painting the area black and doing the job correctly and checking the details. Before lowering it off the lift they checked everything made sure it fit down to the amount of the pipes sticking out on both sides and making sure everything was parallel so it looks as it should if it came off the lot that way.

Now I have seen some bad posts on this site and honestly maybe they were communication issues because workmanship and willingness to put in the time is not even an issue. I would totally recommend them and I know a couple more mods I plan on doing later that I will for sure be going to them to get the parts and install if I can’t do it. Seriously awesome people and cannot say enough good things.

Thank you guys again.

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Interesting...they are banned on e90post and their name won't even appear within your post. I have never had any problems with them and would recommend them for parts. My last purchase as an M-Tech bumper for my e90.

OP...nice rear end

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Tapout - glad to see not only that you finally got your car but man, that new diffusor and quad exhaust looks amazing. Congrats! Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
Kdiddy007
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: *135i N55 Msport*

Did you have to get the 1M battery tray to be able to fit the quad or is the one on the right side non functional?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1137 View Post
Interesting...they are banned on e90post and their name won't even appear within your post. I have never had any problems with them and would recommend them for parts. My last purchase as an M-Tech bumper for my e90.

OP...nice rear end
Funny thing is: The name IS showing up for me. That's the reason I opened the thread, because I'm used to seeing m***** etc...

Edit: just noticed that the OP and mis-spelled the name - perhaps on purpose.
      05-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
The way the Remus quad works is they run the pipes for the passenger side in front of the battery tray, no major mods to anything but the exhaust. Both sides are usable.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Funny thing is: The name IS showing up for me. That's the reason I opened the thread, because I'm used to seeing m***** etc...

Edit: just noticed that the OP and mis-spelled the name - perhaps on purpose.
Good point...didnt notice that viewing on my iPad

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
ReevesBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Looks good!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
So here is an update and another statement to the quality of work done. At work a guy managed to scratch the shit out of my bumper which meant body work time. Now as soon as I took the car in (to a body shop that specializes in BMWs, Howard Brown & Sons) they said nice quads followed by how did they install that diffuser? I explained that the installer took their time and used the factory method. After picking up my car the shop commented on what I already knew by saying something to the effect of the install job was very professional and done 100% correctly such that they were able to pull off everything and reconnect after painting as if it was all factory. Which in the end was my main concern. So once again I say I had a great experience.

Side note I posted a review for Howard Brown & Sons but if you need an LA body shop they are amazing, talk to Carlos and tell him I sent you.
Appreciate 0