BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
mecheng03
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Looking for a mechanic in El Paso, TX

I'm moving to El Paso, TX with my out of warranty 135i and would like to know if there are any recommendations for a good BMW mechanic/shop in the area. I would like to stay away from the dealership if possible and I'll be on the East side of town. Also, I do plan on adding on an LSD and FMIC in the near future as well. Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #2
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Reviving an old thread...

Interested in hearing recommendations for a mechanic in West Texas or around Las Cruces, New Mexico. I just moved from Dallas and was spoiled by the great service at Ultimate Bimmer Service.

Where do West Texas / El Paso folks take their bimmers to be serviced when they want quality work done?
cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #3
mecheng03
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I'll revive this post again. So I've used 3 locations since living in El Paso:
1. BMW El Paso: Expensive (which is to be expected) but the parts department is easy to work with. They replaced my battery and LPFP at a premium price...

2. GPS International Automotive: The owner Gerd is the man, does a great job and has been in business since the 1980's. My first year here they charged my AC for less than $40 with UV dye which would have been more $$$ anywhere else. I'm using them now to fix a job from the final group (see below)... He is very passionate about doing the job correctly which I'm all about. If I have anymore issues this will be my first stop from here on out. Negatives are that its basically a dirt plot with a small garage (main reason I switched initially to Moroni) and the time till completion is a little slower.

3. Moroni: A relatively new shop which opened in 2011 and I've used them about 4x now. First three were uneventful (wheel alignment, 60K service, diff/trans fluids) but my last (boost leak from vacc lines with not all replaced, OFH gasket/valve cover gasket, charged for broken bolts which in retrospect was from them) was pretty bad. I even took the car back 2 weeks later for valve cover bolts missing found when changing my spark plugs, my strut bars were finger tight/loose and other odds/ends were missing. When it was "fixed" the mechanic even left his tools in my engine bay after driving to the front for my inspection. After a persistent oil leak for 6 weeks Gerd later found that 2-3 more bolts were missing on the backside. Based on my 3 other encounters I think it was more of a jr mechanic w/o QA/QC oversight but I'm not going back. I guess a plus is their price was a lot cheaper though vs GPS: $650 +$300 broken bolts scam vs $1200.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0