BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

Paint repair, protection

Well after work tonight go out to the parking spot where my baby was and there lo and behold a paint nick from some dumb arse opening door or something .

Good thing I don't have a bad ticker cause I was quite mad. This upset me more than the money I lost in RRSP from the stock crash in 2008! If only I saw who done it, my foot would go right onto their vehicle, probably one of these crap minivans driving around with the bumper sticker "Want to loose your job, keep buying foreign".

Anyway it is right down to the body, no dent, just a little nick really but it is a black dot in a sea of red.

So my question is, are any of those scratch doctor products anygood at reparing this? I went to CDN tire and they had stuff, but I wasn't too sure about using 3000 grit sand paper and compound formula where I don't have any experience.

Other question regarding future protection from stone chips etc. What is your guys opinions of the 3M clear bra? I had option of getting it originally from dealer but passed. I have seen one older 3 series coupe with it on looks different for sure, but not sure how it works.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
hot_ride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Spend $50 and have it wet sanded by a GOOD shop in your area. Talk to your local bimmer dealer and find out what their contracted shop is and go directly to them.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijkl796 View Post
cheap Dsquared ,The brothers are known for designing Cheap Dsquared Jeans and staging elaborate fashion shows with "explosive energy and sex appeal."hey design men's and women's Dsquared Jeans, men's and women's footwear, fragrances, and cosmetics.
You are BANNED!!!!!
Appreciate 0