BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #45
V TACH
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M, Exige S260 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
Thank for your advice, but I've been down that road and beat it to death. I remember calling Hawaii and Alaska dealers during my obssession compulsion must have moments. I played my cards just as many have here, with an EARLY deposit with a local qualified dealer, found some new patience within me that never knew existed and practiced it, however some have won and some have lost. I will definately keep an eye out and continue to visit this website for the most acccurate info on this elusive vehicle!
Cheers
In my opinion, by time it hits this website, it's too late. The dealerships' positions on these cars are changing everyday--people backing out, getting other cars, etc. Keep calling if you want the car and you'll get it--I just got an allocation for a buddy of mine earlier today, no joke.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #46
Chill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Get a new M3!

Im about to pickup my ordered ED e90 M3 and I paid $61k OTD competition package, premium 3 package, Sirius, and alarm, etc. See sig.

1M is awesome but I wouldn't pay $60k plus for it.
Great price! Did you get this under invoice? What are your total savings with the ED?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #47
Chill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V TACH View Post
In my opinion, by time it hits this website, it's too late. The dealerships' positions on these cars are changing everyday--people backing out, getting other cars, etc. Keep calling if you want the car and you'll get it--I just got an allocation for a buddy of mine earlier today, no joke.
That is awesome! Congratulations!!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #48
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

cayman s gen2. much better looking car
      09-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #49
de85275
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia Orange 424/740

Garage List
Get a 135i and tune it to be as fast as the ///M... Probably what I would do. Fortunately I don't have to, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #50
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
haha we think very alike!

Your reasoning is exactly why im considering the Viper. It's just something i grew up loving. However, ive never driven the Viper. Im taking it for a 1 day test drive this saturday. I figure im either going to love it or hate it. Ill love the power but the dimensions might make me hate it. I love small cars. S2000 and my friends Elise SC is what i drive most of the time when im not going to work.

Honestly ive thought about selling the s2000 but everyone i know who has sold the s2000 has missed it. And with the amount of $$ ive sunk into it, it's not worth selling it just to get maybe $20k out of it. Id rather just keep it as a fun/cheap toy. Tracking the s2000 and using as a summer car is much cheaper than almost anything else. Track insurance/tires/maintenance is much cheaper on my s2k.

i found a 08 snake skin green coupe SRT10 for 59k... It was hard saying no until i figure out what happens with the 1M.

That new exige S is calling my name tho
I think once the GTI goes back after the lease is over id replace it with the Exige S.

BTW 1seriesStud i might be sending the s2000 down to West Palm Beach Florida next spring (opening a business down there). Maybe we'll arrange a meet down there and u can borrow the s2k. it will be sc'ed again by than.
Take it from me and don't sell the S2000. I had a dream-come-true spa yellow ap1 that I got rid of, and I missed it so much that 2 cars later I started looking for another s2000. Regretfully I never came across another ap1 in the same shape with low miles, so then I opted for an ap2, which I also ended up trading in shortly after due to wanting something more "practical"...needless to say, I miss it. I know deep down inside that one day I'll probably have a 3rd one, I just need to come across the right one, however, right now all my efforts are going towards my 1M, and if I ever come across another ap1 I like, it will be a second car.

Viper - first time I came face to face with one I was 13. I remember I immediately started collecting pictures, videos, posters, magazines, etc. Then as I grew older, my taste in cars refined, and I realized that despite the looks and brute force, there isn't much technology or "wowing" effect behind a Viper. I have never driven one either, but I have been on the passenger seat of one. Again, the power is just astonishing, but the size of the car mated to its impracticality turned me off. By the way, I hear they make great dragsters but they don't handle too well - so this was another point I disliked.

Let me know when you're in FL...we can arrange to meet and discuss/enjoy cars. By then I'll definitely have my 1M, and hopefully you will too.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #51
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post

It is apparently not for everyone
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 03:02 AM   #52
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
I always wanted a Viper, since I was a young teenager...now that I can afford to buy one, it's not really my cup of tea; however, I still love the car.

I think you and I have pretty similar tastes in cars, considering my love for the s2000 and how much I miss mine
I have an S2000 too, my second one the first was an AP1 this one is an AP2 with Comptech SC and Ohlins.

If I end up getting one of those darn 1Ms, I'll sell you my S2000 if you want! .

As far as what other car to get, I'm (unfortunately) at a complete loss...

I need rear seats now, and my garage is very small, the 1M would fit but I don't think a 3 series (read M3) would. Evora is honestly a bit too expensive IMHO (and the rear seats are a joke from what I hear). Cayman has no back seats. A 911 or a GT-R (if they fit) but that's a different price range all together.

I mean who else does powerful 6 cylinders rear-wheel drive small car with a LSD, manual transmission, rear seats and a decent amount of practicality??
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 04:42 AM   #53
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm View Post
I have an S2000 too, my second one the first was an AP1 this one is an AP2 with Comptech SC and Ohlins.

If I end up getting one of those darn 1Ms, I'll sell you my S2000 if you want! .

As far as what other car to get, I'm (unfortunately) at a complete loss...

I need rear seats now, and my garage is very small, the 1M would fit but I don't think a 3 series (read M3) would. Evora is honestly a bit too expensive IMHO (and the rear seats are a joke from what I hear). Cayman has no back seats. A 911 or a GT-R (if they fit) but that's a different price range all together.

I mean who else does powerful 6 cylinders rear-wheel drive small car with a LSD, manual transmission, rear seats and a decent amount of practicality??
Sweet man! Honestly, if I get another one it would have to be an unmolested 2003 with low miles I know an NA S2000 doesn't talk lots of power, but it is so much fun to drive in its natural form.
Appreciate 0