BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
ucfknight
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Euro discount

Hello I\'m sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn\'t find any direct answers in previous posts. Has anyone actually gotten the 7% ($3700 off msrp of a fully loaded vo 1m) euro delivery discount on their USA 1m. I\'m asking because it has come time to start filing for euro delivery with my dealer and when I asked about the euro discount he said the euro discount does not apply to the 1m. Now don\'t get me wrong I understand if the dealer feels they should get to keep some of the discount for what they lose off commission but they shouldn\'t be lying saying there is no discount and then just pocketing it all.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

They are lying. Multiple people have gotten the discount. I am also concerned they are lying to you about getting ED at this late date. Do you have a production number? What dates are u shooting for?

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
tjm129
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M(382/740)

Pricing

Not sure the ED discount applies to the options, here is the price sheet that specified ED MSRP.

TJ
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfknight View Post
Hello I\'m sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn\'t find any direct answers in previous posts. Has anyone actually gotten the 7% ($3700 off msrp of a fully loaded vo 1m) euro delivery discount on their USA 1m. I\'m asking because it has come time to start filing for euro delivery with my dealer and when I asked about the euro discount he said the euro discount does not apply to the 1m. Now don\'t get me wrong I understand if the dealer feels they should get to keep some of the discount for what they lose off commission but they shouldn\'t be lying saying there is no discount and then just pocketing it all.
They are lying in my humble opinion. They make exactly the same money if they sell it as Euro Delivery as US MSRP. BMW charges them less for a Euro delivery price so when they sell it, they make the same money. I got back a month ago from my Euro delivery.

It's also very hard to hide it because when they file the Euro delivery paperwork, it has the Euro prices. Go back and have a serious talk with them. If they want to negotiate something over ED MSRP, that is fine, but telling you there is no $3180 ED Discount is dishonest.

Finally, not sure where you are getting $3700 discount, the actual discount is $3180 and you pay retail for options. You normally only get the discount on the base price. Yes, some here have negotiated crazy deals BUT it is late in the game, winter is coming and they are already lying to you about the discount so if you get the $3180 off and pay retail for options, you are far ahead.

Now, really finally, why are you getting a "back-to-basics' drivers car and just going fully loaded? Keep in mind that you are adding cost, weight and complexity. Also, many gripe about the seats being to high, that has been attributed to the power seats. The manual seats sit about 1 1/2 inch lower in the car.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Try this thread, esp. starting at post #13 (nachob).

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576385

It's my understanding that the base vehicle cost is the only thing that is lower with ED MSRP. US MSRP and ED MSRP are the same for options and packages and you still pay destination.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #6
ucfknight
Rep

Hey guys thanks for all the help apparently my dealer car will go into production "soon" and I'm hoping to do euro delivery around dec 5th. I have spoken with the head of euro delivery at BMW na corporate in the past, should I call her and ask her to politely explain to my dealer that they will get credit and make the same money since their invoice cost is lower or is that gunna backfire I have no problem giving them some of the euro discount but I want them to acknowledge it

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #7
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Hey guys thanks for all the help apparently my dealer car will go into production "soon" and I'm hoping to do euro delivery around dec 5th. I have spoken with the head of euro delivery at BMW na corporate in the past, should I call her and ask her to politely explain to my dealer that they will get credit and make the same money since their invoice cost is lower or is that gunna backfire I have no problem giving them some of the euro discount but I want them to acknowledge it

Thanks guys
Do whatever you have to. ED is an amazing experience, one you will never forget.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 02:52 AM   #8
NihonX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Good luck with the discount. I received $3180 off for doing ED. I asked the dealer if he'd be losing out on profit for me doing ED but he said not by much as the car is discounted to me, the customer, and them, the dealership.
      09-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
ucfknight
Rep

hey guys I've heard that before that the dealer makes the same profit on an euro car or a us car because their invoice cost is lower for a euro delivery car. I believe that myself but does anybody have any offical document or link (specially relating to the 1M would be best since its allocation for euro delivery is different then regular bmws) that I could provide to my dealer showing them that they make the same money either way in case they dont agree with me. I dont want them just to be able to say they make a lot less money nor do I want to start an argument I really like just to be able to provide some type of proof that I know they make the same money. I am already writing up an email with the copy of the image that was given early in this website and the following bmw link that shows there is a discount on the 1M but I'd love it if I could also include something that shows the dealer makes the same money either way so they cant say they take a hit if I do euro delivery. Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #10
ucfknight
Rep

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...stSavings.aspx

select the 1st M series option from the drop down window
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #11
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

what nacho said....
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
ucfknight
Rep

Hey guys I did a sample build on the bmw cong website maybe you guys can take a look and suggest wheather or not it would be a good to include this in the email i am building for my gsm. Do you think the dealer will find this attachment to be "credible" or are they still going to say "thats wrong information and well the euro delivery price is lower than us msrp our euro invoice cost is not lower than the us invoice cost meaning we will lose our profit margin on this car if we do euro dilvery"
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1m coupe.pdf (15.5 KB, 399 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Hey guys I did a sample build on the bmw cong website maybe you guys can take a look and suggest wheather or not it would be a good to include this in the email i am building for my gsm. Do you think the dealer will find this attachment to be "credible" or are they still going to say "thats wrong information and well the euro delivery price is lower than us msrp our euro invoice cost is not lower than the us invoice cost meaning we will lose our profit margin on this car if we do euro dilvery"

they will probably say that... and they will be still lying... or clueless about their own ordering system. you should be able to find an interest rate for a purchase for a loan for 2.99 for sure... not 5.9
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
ucfknight
Rep

Thanks for noticing that interest rate but I didn't plug in correct info for that part of the sample build only the actual bottom line prices
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #15
ucfknight
Rep

My plan is to try to put a lot of verifiable information in the email like the image posted earlier in the thread, the link to the BMW euro delivery discount for the 1m and maybe the sample PDF build (but not the link to this thread or any mention of it obviously) to avoid an argument about whose right and whose wrong is that a good idea to try to get a compromise on the euro discount or should I simply ask first and give that info if the gsm still says there is no discount
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #16
ucfknight
Rep

Also anybody know if euro delivery in early December might be available
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #17
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

One of the forum members said she had no luck getting ED after October. Something about there being no more 1m's for US ED after that point. Supposedly she spoke directly with the ED people. Take that with a grain of salt since I didnt search for the thread and verify.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #18
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

i recall buckeyegirl indicating that as well, however i would recommend the OP still continue his due diligence and make a call on his own behalf to the contact he has.

As Nacho indicated.. ED is a an incredible experience. I would use every round in the chamber to make that happen.

http://lybio.net/foster-the-people-p...p-kicks/indie/

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 09-13-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe:) Jeep for Winter

Quote:
Also anybody know if euro delivery in early December might be available
Let me know if you get anywhere and how you did it. My dealer was willing to give ED discount and then returned to me that there would not be ED available period and I wanted to work all the angles so I called BMW European Delivery helpline and she plainly stated that ED was no longer being offered for the US on this model. I then begged my dealer to look into it further and he checked again and said it wasn't possible. I have a production number for October build date tbd.

Sorry

Oh and the BMW lady actually said the actual date for the ED deadline was, but my mind was blank because my dream of ED had just died right there.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #20
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe:) Jeep for Winter

Also if my memory serves me right she said the reason that they are closing it out in October for the USA is the model year designation. They won't be building 2012 for the US.
Appreciate 0