BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Do you have your production number?
Yes 28 56.00%
No 14 28.00%
I did not order a 1 series yet. 8 16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

12-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

production numbers?

I talked to my dealer a few times last week, but I still don't have my production number. I asked my salesman if they had their allocation, and he said yes.

If they have their allocation, what would be a legitimate excuse for not being able to get a production number? Isn't it as simple as placing the order in the system and getting a number?

Its been over two weeks since ordering began, and I'm supposedly part of the first order for the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
essexcounty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by asv View Post
I talked to my dealer a few times last week, but I still don't have my production number. I asked my salesman if they had their allocation, and he said yes.

If they have their allocation, what would be a legitimate excuse for not being able to get a production number? Isn't it as simple as placing the order in the system and getting a number?

Its been over two weeks since ordering began, and I'm supposedly part of the first order for the dealership.

I'm in a similar position, asv. I placed my order Christmas Eve and still don't have a production number. I haven't broached the subject w/my salesman, but I will tomorrow when I speak with him.

There's another local dealership I spoke with yesterday afternoon, and they told me they have one 135i on order, which I can purchase if I'd like and configure to my specs. Depending on what my salesman tells me tomorrow, I may ask him to cancel my deposit and go to this other dealership.

Any others in similar situations to asv's and mine?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:

exact same situation. going in for a talk tomorrow. if i learn anything useful i'll post.
      12-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
essexcounty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Just wondering of those who've placed their orders and/or gotten production #s, who's had to place a deposit?

In my case, I put $500 down to initially get on the list in early October and then another $500 when I placed my order (Dec 24th).

And for people who have production #s, did most people get them when placing their order or was there a lag?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #5
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexcounty View Post
Just wondering of those who've placed their orders and/or gotten production #s, who's had to place a deposit?

In my case, I put $500 down to initially get on the list in early October and then another $500 when I placed my order (Dec 24th).

And for people who have production #s, did most people get them when placing their order or was there a lag?
i put down 1k in July. Thus my annoyance at still not having a production number! :smile:
      12-30-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
essexcounty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
i put down 1k in July. Thus my annoyance at still not having a production number! :smile:
Joel - that's like waiting to get your tax refund!

Like you, I'll post whatever I learn tomorrow on this thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #7
Oregon
NRA Life Member, BMW CCA 30 year member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04' M3

Garage List
1971 2002  [0.00]
2004 M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
You should be annoyed, even my little podunk southern Oregon dealership has delivered better customer service than your metro-area dealer. Is there another dealer available to approach?

“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surname View Post
You should be annoyed, even my little podunk southern Oregon dealership has delivered better customer service than your metro-area dealer. Is there another dealer available to approach?
yeah the rep. from bmw of south atlanta that posts on here has been helpful. after my discussions with my dealer tomorrow i might move to bmw of south atlanta even if it means a longer wait. i don't have to have it right away but if i think a dealer is not respecting my spot in line then ... well that just makes me irate. but i don't want to jump to conclusions. i'll see what they say tomorrow.
      12-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #9
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Does anyone know if dealers are required to order a display 135 AND display 128 or just one? Say the dealer has 4 initial allocations for february builds. Should the first two be a 135 and 128 as displays at the store or do they only build a 135 for display? Thanks!
      12-31-2007, 04:43 PM   #10
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexcounty View Post
I'm in a similar position, asv. I placed my order Christmas Eve and still don't have a production number. I haven't broached the subject w/my salesman, but I will tomorrow when I speak with him.
Any word from your salesman?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 07:33 PM   #11
essexcounty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Any word from your salesman?
Just got back about 20 minutes ago, and I ended up going to another dealership whose allocation was as follows: one 128i, one 135i (which is the one I picked up), and 2 128i cabrios.

My original salesman tried to get me a production # today after I mentioned this other one had one available, and he was unable to. So he's refunding my $1k deposit.

The new dealership I ended up going to said his allocatio should've been similar to theirs (because of volume) and he likely ended up giving my car to someone else. If you aren't satisfied with the answers you're getting, you should definitely make some phone calls. Best of luck and happy new year...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
Random Sample
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

No production number here yet. $1k deposit paid Oct11. As noted in the thread I started this morning, my dealer can't even get my order entered into the system correctly. There's a problem with the trim selections.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #13
40-n-8
Private
Rep
Drives:

I got my production number today...put down a $1K deposit in October. My dealer (in Bellevue, WA) says I'm first in line for a February build and a late March or early April delivery. Bring it!
Appreciate 0