BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-13-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

APEX Forged Wheels. It's Finally Happening...

We’re excited to announce that we are working feverishly as we get ready to fully unveil our new line of forged wheels. We know many of you are shopping for wheels right now and you’d be pissed if you bought something else because you didn’t know these were coming. Teasers do suck, but they’re better than buyer’s remorse.

While you wait, post your questions and comments below. We’ll make sure to address them as a part of our release if we can’t answer them just yet.

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 02-15-2019 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post

More coming soon.
That's messed up! We're all New Suprad out! That's the wheel version of of the Supra debacle. Just throw us a pic or two like you did with SM10. Etc. I'm actually in the market. If they look good I'll wait for them or pre-order but that teaser is not going to hold me. Throw us a bone! Please!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #3
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Aw come on!

They are forged, OK, we get it.

Hopefully you make a wheel that looks similar to the BMW 313's!!!!
Appreciate 1
Esteban43592.00
      02-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Aw come on!

You mean the 513 right? 513 is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 11:01 AM   #5
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Quote:
Aw come on!

You mean the 513 right? 513 is awesome.
Nope. LOVE my 313's, just wish they were an inch wider like my APEX wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #6
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Yep, love my 313s as well. Got some scratches on one of the fronts recently. Done by dealer. Bought a new one that the dealer reimbursed me for. Lucky it wasn't a rear because they are NLA. These are BMW Performance 313s and not the 313Ms. Last I checked the 313Ms front and rear were still available.
      02-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #7
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

APEX Forged Wheels. It's Finally Happening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Quote:
Yep, love my 313s as well. Got some scratches on one of the fronts recently. Done by dealer. Bought a new one that the dealer reimbursed me for. Lucky it wasn't a rear because they are NLA. These are BMW Performance 313s and not the 313Ms. Last I checked the 313Ms front and rear were still available.
Seriously APEX. I don't think this is a good campaign. Your SM10 one where you involved the community and asked about center caps etc. Was brilliant . It felt like you were in touch with us and trying to give us a product we wanted. This is old school 80s Infinit marketing and I wish you guys return to being the car peoples company and involve us again in the development of the product instead of just buzz. There are already other good forged wheel options. If you involve the community in the development you will make a bigger impact. Just 2 cents from a huge APEX fan.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
That's messed up! We're all New Suprad out! That's the wheel version of of the Supra debacle. Just throw us a pic or two like you did with SM10. Etc. I'm actually in the market. If they look good I'll wait for them or pre-order but that teaser is not going to hold me. Throw us a bone! Please!
Quote:
Seriously APEX. I don't think this is a good campaign. Your SM10 one where you involved the community and asked about center caps etc. Was brilliant . It felt like you were in touch with us and trying to give us a product we wanted.
Thanks for the replies everyone. You both have valid points and I want to acknowledge that. We had to choose between waiting longer to reveal it when we can really do justice to the new line, or giving people a little heads up that it's coming but not be able to reveal everything.

Historically, when we release something new, recent customers get upset that we didn't give them a heads-up. They wish they could have purchased the new thing instead. Additionally, there are many people out there right now that are buying forged wheels from other brands that would have held off a bit if they knew we were about to offer a forged option too.

Giving a teaser of what's coming soon gives those people the chance to hold back and wait for more info before they buy something else and regret it. The flipside of that coin is leaving people wanting more info. We believe it's way worse to have serious buyers remorse than the pain of having to wait to see more, so we made our choice.

Quote:
This is old school 80s Infinit marketing and I wish you guys return to being the car peoples company and involve us again in the development of the product instead of just buzz. There are already other good forged wheel options. If you involve the community in the development you will make a bigger impact. Just 2 cents from a huge APEX fan.
I want to address this concern on its own, as community involvement and feedback has always been a huge core value of our brand for the last 10+ years. This is not at all a blind release based on what we think you want. We've conducted surveys on every BMW (and a few other brands) forum you can think of to determine exactly what was most important to people like you and me.

We will be releasing more information very soon once things are finalized, and we promise you it will be worth the wait.

--Dylan