BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-12-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
Mark-79-s
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328xi N52

Number three and number six cylinder misfire’s

I have a 2008 BMW 328XI with an N52. Engine started missing. I Scanned the DTC’s and originally got 2e1d #6 cylinder ignition. So easy enough so I thought. I replace the number six coil pack and all six plugs with BMW OEM parts. I Erased the trouble codes, Started the car and was still missing. Let it run got the trouble codes to come back and ended up getting multiple misfire codes. 2e1d #6 cylinder ignition, 29d2 #6 cylinder misfire, 29cf #3 cylinder misfire. So I ran a alternator charging test. Car is charging at 14.6 V. Ran a battery test. Battery is holding full charge steady at 12.6 V. I then replaced the number three coil pack. Puled the fuel rail, and checked resistance in the number three and number six fuel injectors. Both number three and number 6 fuel injectors ohms at 13 ohms or thereabouts. Switched the #6 and #1, and #3 with 4. Cleared the DTC’s again started the car waited for them to come back and have the same diagnostic trouble codes. So I’m figuring it’s a sensor however I’m not sure which one would cause the trouble codes that I’m getting. Any help would be appreciated
Appreciate 0