BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Blue BMW M5

Garage List
New member, RissRacing.com

Good day everybody,

My name is Adam and I am the co-founder of Riss Racing. We specialize in downpipes/exhausts/modified CDV's and look forward to helping this community out with great deals and service as well. As you may already know, we've made a pretty big impact in the 335i community. On a bone stock car, our downpipes have made roughly 30whp and 50wtq. On a tuned car, numbers on the downpipes have basically doubled to 50whp and 70wtq. Tuned cars with our downpipes are putting down about 400whp. These are not numbers we have made, but numbers that have been tested on dynos numerous times. So far, most of the heavyweight tuners have a set of Riss Racing downpipes to make the "downpipe map" which will allow you to maximize your power potential. The tune is made for 3 inch flow up top, which speeds spool time and tapers very smooth to 2.75 inches then to a 2.5 inch flange, which allows installationon ANY catback system, stock or aftermarket. We are in need of a test car in the U.S. to install the downpipes immediately (this week). We will also supply you with a 02 Simulator which should work just like it does on the 335i just in case the car throws a CEL. If you've already received your 135i, please PM me and we can arrange something. As soon as we know the fitment is ok, we will let you all know. We will be a part of this forum to answer your questions/concerns as well. Here's some pictures and video's. Thank you.

Riss Racing Catless Downpipe Compilation
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Welcome to the forums folks. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone for test-fitment in short order.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
vivid
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 135i, 323i

Hey Adam,

welcome and thanks for come over here...

when you get your test car will you take several pictures showing the underside of the car and the full exhaust system... I am curious to find out exactly what is down there: resonator, cat, path of the exhaust, etc...

A few qus for you and your products... from what you said above your DP goes from the turbo to the catback... Are you eliminating the cat, if so how will that affect those who live in emissions tested states?

Have you had an experience of the DP releaving too much pressure leading to turbo failure? Or have there been any problems of any kind that could be related to the DP?

Current: 135i, 323i wagon.
Sold:GTI
Sold: FX45
Sold: E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #4
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Adam,

Looks like a great product and some great craftsmanship as-well. The heat treated coating looks great.

Additionally, anything more you can add to support your claim of 30whp gains? I am sure you have done stock & modified dynos of these down pipes, where are the dynos of those runs? SAE corrected, plz

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
turbomg
Acquiring the taste.
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post
Additionally, anything more you can add to support your claim of 30whp gains? I am sure you have done stock & modified dynos of these down pipes, where are the dynos of those runs? SAE corrected, plz

Thank you in advance.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Start reading.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
The 335 community loves Riss products. We will have no problems with them on our 1's
      03-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #7
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomg View Post

??

I am a member of E90Posts and I have read those threads. I have just simply asked RissRacing to provide the members here with data that supports their claims.

We shouldn't have to use another forum for data or do our own searching. That is why i have asked them to provide us 1 Addicts with Stock and DP runs on the dyno.

That way we, us One'ers can build our own database of knowledge. Specially since more and more products are going to be marketed at us.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 05:16 AM   #8
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E82TT6 View Post
Welcome to the forums folks. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone for test-fitment in short order.

Thanks Chuck. Glad to be here to answer those questions you guys have.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 05:24 AM   #9
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
Hey Adam,

welcome and thanks for come over here...

when you get your test car will you take several pictures showing the underside of the car and the full exhaust system... I am curious to find out exactly what is down there: resonator, cat, path of the exhaust, etc...

A few qus for you and your products... from what you said above your DP goes from the turbo to the catback... Are you eliminating the cat, if so how will that affect those who live in emissions tested states?

Have you had an experience of the DP releaving too much pressure leading to turbo failure? Or have there been any problems of any kind that could be related to the DP?
Absolutely will do. Once we find our test car (WHICH WE STILL NEED), we will make the requirement to post pictures of the install with the full undercarriage. So everybody can see exactly what is under there.

Yes, the downpipes eliminate the PRIMARY cats. The 2ndary cats are still in place so emissions shouldn't be a problem on the visual or OBDII testing. Even our Riss 335i (Anthony's car) doesn't have a smell of "rotten eggs" which others say will be the issue.

Downpipes relieving too much pressure causing turbo failure? Haven't seen that yet. Its actually been a proven fact that downpipes help a turbo car "uncork" the power and stress on the turbo. Turbo's want to spool easy instead of having to build huge boost to create power. This is why downpipes make so much power. They unrestrict the entire exhaust system. Whether you have a stock catback or aftermarket catback, you will feel a huge difference.

Problems? CEL. Just in case, its always recommended to get 02 simulators so you will not see the little CEL in the dash. Other than that, I don't see problems. We've had our sponsored car/test car spin all through 1st and 2nd so tires might be a problem soon! :wink: Downpipes are proven HP/TQ.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 05:31 AM   #10
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post
Adam,

Looks like a great product and some great craftsmanship as-well. The heat treated coating looks great.

Thank you in advance.
Thank you for the kind words! Charlie (CEA 3) on e90post.com had the information on his first thread which shows the gains we posted on our site. Other than that, the dyno's done by Shiv at Vishnu and Helix have shown 390WHP on the car. Both cars have shown about 60whp tuned. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 05:32 AM   #11
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
The 335 community loves Riss products. We will have no problems with them on our 1's
Thank you! Can want to see some RISS 135's out there!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 05:55 AM   #12
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

any plans for a full turbo back package?
      03-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #13
new_one
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Riss Racing View Post
Downpipes relieving too much pressure causing turbo failure? Haven't seen that yet. Its actually been a proven fact that downpipes help a turbo car "uncork" the power and stress on the turbo. Turbo's want to spool easy instead of having to build huge boost to create power. This is why downpipes make so much power. They unrestrict the entire exhaust system. Whether you have a stock catback or aftermarket catback, you will feel a huge difference.

Problems? CEL. Just in case, its always recommended to get 02 simulators so you will not see the little CEL in the dash. Other than that, I don't see problems. We've had our sponsored car/test car spin all through 1st and 2nd so tires might be a problem soon! :wink: Downpipes are proven HP/TQ.
So it is OK for this motor to replace the DP and/or even go turbo back without EM?

- Jim new_one
"All human interaction is mathematics and politics."
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #14
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

You'd get a lot more power out of it with a tune.

The N54 ECU has shown to be highly adaptable, and I wouldn't expect any problems. Probably just power gains, and a faster spool, with less heat and back-pressure in the hotside of the turbo.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
new_one
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82TT6 View Post
You'd get a lot more power out of it with a tune.

The N54 ECU has shown to be highly adaptable, and I wouldn't expect any problems. Probably just power gains, and a faster spool, with less heat and back-pressure in the hotside of the turbo.
Good deal. My only direct experience is from the Subaru world and '04 plus models don't take kindly to exhaust mods without EM. A "little" Open Loop to Closed Loop fueling problem at the least.

Thanks for the feedback E8!

- Jim new_one
"All human interaction is mathematics and politics."
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #16
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
any plans for a full turbo back package?
Yes, but in stages. We're bringing something out to the market soon for a section. We'll have pictures/details up soon.

Adam
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #17
vivid
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 135i, 323i

Adam,

thanks, great responses.

Current: 135i, 323i wagon.
Sold:GTI
Sold: FX45
Sold: E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #18
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hi Guys!

Just to give you a little more information, the minute we get the downpipes test fitted on the 135i we will initiate the Group Buy discount. This will be a different type of group buy. We will have product IN HAND and ready to ship immediately to the first # of people we open the group buy to. This will not be the normal group buy where we we need a min. of # buyers before we ship out. If you know of anybody with a 135i currently, please ask them to PM us immediately for fitment. Prefer somebody in US for the initial fitment because that will save a few days.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0