BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Rear monoball upgrade

This is a ball joint upgrade for the rear control arms which replaces the factory rubber bushes. Replacing the rubber joints with ball joints will provide a much more stable rear end, and is a must if you're particular with how the car handles. For high hp cars, these are a must to keep the car pointing straight under power.

The reason for this group buy is because these Lemforder ball joints are hard to get now in quantity (FCP don't sell them) and might actually be no longer available soon. Stuff like Meyle is easily available but personally have found their parts to be junk.

For this group buy, you get a total of 8 ball joints:

2 for the guide rods
2 for the upper control arm
4 for the trailing arm

This upgrade assumes you already have M3 rear control arms (the guide rod and upper control arms)

For example this:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-e93-bmwmcaktr

The sealed Lemforder ball joints I am sourcing are high quality items that will last well over 200,000kms easily, unlike the aftermarket unsealed joints that will likely knock after several thousand kms. I have tested the joints and they press nicely into the M3 arms.

The trailing arm joints are located in the knuckle and subframe, these joints also happen to be the same size and are a good fit.

I did a group buy last month for these and ended up being around $326 AUD delivered for 8 ball joints. Final cost will depend on current exchange rate

Additionally the upper control arms require a tapered adapter for these joints, which we will get CNC machined in stainless steel. I can also help out with installation of the joints in Melbourne, or you can post your control arms to me.

There's only 4 spots available per round (to avoid customs charges). I'm capping this to 4 rounds. Once there's enough people for a round it goes ahead

Ball park figure for the group buy is $326 AUD delivered, prices change slightly +-$10 depending on the conversion

Round #1

1. Phil Rybinski
2. Stuart Lord
3. Jin Zhou
4. Jin Zhou

Round #2

1. Joseph Foti
2. Peter Agas
3. Grant Mitchell
4. Jin Zhou

Round #3

1. Brendan Trickett
2. Vin Wayne Kerr
3. Alex Wong

Round #4

1. Geoff Brothers
2. Brian Izadfar
3. Calvin Chau
4. <<-- 1 spot left

Located Melbourne, if you're interstate can still join in as long as you cover postage.

Rounds 1,2 and 3 have been ordered, just need 1 more person for round 4!
Attached Images

08-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Group buy closed! Thanks everyone for participating
      09-01-2019, 03:53 AM   #3
R3LMV
Australia
Rep