BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-11-2018, 11:58 PM   #1
Arctic135i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 325i e90, 09 audi b8 bagged

Post need Full bolt on price suggestions

looking at doing full bolt on to my 135i and wanting suggestions for prices / websites! going to do dci , fmic , catless downpipes , charge pipe with hks bov.
am looking at arm / vrsf for these pieces but just wondering if i can get these items cheaper elsewhere?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #2
Cmoney135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N54

It's like 2k to go fbo... 1,300 in parts, 200 for mhd / tune, 500 for install. Personally I'd go with the vrsf combo.

+ maintenance

Also you are in NZ so GL with shipping cost.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #3
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

First, there are really only four things you need: tune, downpipe, intercooler, and charge pipe. The first two make power, the second and third let you keep making that power reliably.

If you're worried about price then remove your stock downpipe, knock out all the cat material (optionally take it to a recycler) and bingo, catless downpipe that you actually got paid for. I've been running a gutted downpipe for a couple years.

The next essential part is an intercooler. You can either pay once for a good one, and enjoy it every time you drive or cheap out and get shit on each time you drive. I would recommend tube and fin over bar and plate as it's much lighter and recovers faster. Most intercoolers are bar and plate because it's cheaper. Either way, you will see improvements replacing the stock intercooler with pretty much anything.

Then you need a flash, get MHD. It will have all you need with a variety of power levels depending on the fuel you have available. Ethanol mixes work well to boost regular gas.

I would shy away from shooting meth in the charge pipe as it won't get distributed to all 6 cylinders evenly. And don't worry about an intake unless you want more noise. The stock airbox flows plenty for a stock turbo.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 12:39 AM   #4
Arctic135i
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoney135i View Post
It's like 2k to go fbo... 1,300 in parts, 200 for mhd / tune, 500 for install. Personally I'd go with the vrsf combo.

+ maintenance

Also you are in NZ so GL with shipping cost.
Already have mhd! i will install everything myself to save $$$ but the vrsf does look good.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 12:41 AM   #5
Arctic135i
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
First, there are really only four things you need: tune, downpipe, intercooler, and charge pipe. The first two make power, the second and third let you keep making that power reliably.

If you're worried about price then remove your stock downpipe, knock out all the cat material (optionally take it to a recycler) and bingo, catless downpipe that you actually got paid for. I've been running a gutted downpipe for a couple years.

The next essential part is an intercooler. You can either pay once for a good one, and enjoy it every time you drive or cheap out and get shit on each time you drive. I would recommend tube and fin over bar and plate as it's much lighter and recovers faster. Most intercoolers are bar and plate because it's cheaper. Either way, you will see improvements replacing the stock intercooler with pretty much anything.

Then you need a flash, get MHD. It will have all you need with a variety of power levels depending on the fuel you have available. Ethanol mixes work well to boost regular gas.

I would shy away from shooting meth in the charge pipe as it won't get distributed to all 6 cylinders evenly. And don't worry about an intake unless you want more noise. The stock airbox flows plenty for a stock turbo.
Knocking it out sounds like a good idea! havent heard of doing that before. (still new to turbo/bmw's). i will buy a good proper intercooler as i will be putting this car on track quite abit aswell as alot of pulls. Already have mhd so thats all well and will think about mixes.
Appreciate 0